South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Steph, our chicks have done a great job giving you lots of wonderful tips! I agree with them: 9lbs+ loss in a month is GREAT at any weight, and especially when you don't have much to lose, though I understand how hard it is to regain what you thought you lost.

Though I understand the feeling about vegetables, the truth is that they are key to this plan and, truly, to losing weight successfully on most plans. The reason? They fill you up but have very few calories. On top of that, they have a lot of nutrients and are good for your health. I hated almost all veggies when I started SBD. I didn't even like green beans! So you're ahead of me, chica! Check out the How To Eat More Veggies When You Hate Them All!!! thread in the FAQ for a description of how I learned to love vegetables (seriously...LOVE!) and lots of great tips from the chicks on how you can do it too. You can also check out books like Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld for tips on how to hide veggies in food (meant for kids, but it works well on us adults that have kid-like food interests! ).

When you get to eating more veggies, check out the Best Veggies to eat...
thread. It'll help you pick those that are most nutritious.

As for beans, there's nothing wrong with refried beans! They are delish and totall SBD-safe on all phases as long as you get the Fat Free or Vegetarian kind (basically, you want to avoid eating lard ). I eat them ALL the time--and one of my favorite ways is to put half a can in a microwave-safe dish, add a little salt and garlic powder, then micro until hot. As soon as I take it out, I add some LF cheese and SF salsa and stir until the cheese melts. It's total comfort food. Try that for your snack instead of plain salsa. It'll fill you up, take away a lot of that tiredness, and help you be healthy and regular. Good stuff, beans!

Last edited by beachgal; 06-15-2009 at 12:03 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 311/285.2/135

Height: 5'8"

If you have a grocery store near you that has a salad bar you might be able to try a bunch of different veggies pretty easily. From a salad bar I found out that I really like artichoke hearts and hearts of palm.

Last edited by Qualera; 06-15-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Qualera is offline   Reply With Quote