What did you lust for most in Phase 1?

• Just curious - I'm about half through phase one and I kept anticipating that I would be DYING for a bite of sourdough bread, or some crunchy crackers, or as my moniker suggests - POPCORN! While I miss those things, it's amazing how the cravings have subsided. However, the one thing I can't fight off is the craving for FRUIT! I never realized how much fruit I really did consume in a week, and I miss its fiber-ful qualities as well! The smell of a coworker's orange the other day nearly brought me to tears. What did you lust after the most in Phase 1?
  • Chocolate! Those NSA fudgesicles came in VERY handy.
  • Uh...everything!! Sugar, French bread and real butter! And I'm with Mustang...those fudgsicles kept me from killing. I'm a chocolate freak...well, I was (candy,cake, brownies etc don't really have a great appeal any more) and I'm still hooked on fudgesicles. Speaking of which, I bought some Crystal Light popsicles this week...oh, yum...I LOVE the peach iced tea ones! I'm an addict when it comes to popsicles during the summer.

I've never been a big fruit eater, but when I hit phase II, the stuff turned into candy and never tasted so good!!
  • I was dying for a bowl of oatmeal. With strawberries.
  • I missed my oatmeal but fell in love with roasted almonds and the Mocha Ricotta Creme.
  • Butter, rice, and chocolate.
  • Rice and noodles! I am DYING for them!! I never really eat a lot of fruit, but I have been craving it a lot since I know I'm not allowed to have it....
  • mmm.. all the replies made my mind wander off into no-no land.... Today I've really been missing popcorn!!! Also, Fridays are always rough because my work brings in bagels and schmear. It was hard last week walking past the delicious toasted onion smell.. but I'm gonna do it again tomorrow and be proud.
  • DO NOT GIVE INTO THE BAGELS!!! Must...Keep...Walking...Past...Bagels...

I know your pain, my coworkers bring in bagels and/or doughnuts every Friday. I usually leave the room/department and go hide out at my cube when I know they're present, until they're all gone.

MUST BE STRONG!
  • I had a sweet attack for the first few nights. I just made something with peanut butter or ricotta cheese and I was good.
  • i know! those damn bagels... I'll have something yummy to bring in for breakfast instead.
  • I started Phase 1 right in the middle of apple season. I was coring and slicing bushels of apples to dry and couldn't eat any little bits. In retrospect probably not the best timing
  • I bit back tears for first week - anytime I was near chocolate or cakes. The natural doctor I use to work for has an herb called gymnema, I think, and I ate it like candy!! I helps with sugar cravings. That kept me from caving. About mid week 3 the cravings eased off. I've stayed anyway from anything with a sweet taste since then. I don't want to trigger cravings again! To feel so physically great and emotionally vulnerable over a FOOD is wild. I don't want to go back to that feeling!!
  • Macsmom, I just looked up info on Gymnema. I never heard of it before. Sounds like a great supplement for diabetics or prediabetics to try.
  • I don't know much about it - except that it REALLY works for me!! Also, if you break one into pieces and put a piece on your tongue and let it sit for a minute...it numbs (I guess that is the right word) your sweet taste buds for a while. I tried it once with vanilla pudding and it tasted like mayo!!! Very effective in a crunch situation! haha!!