South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #46  
Eating less, moving more

S/C/G: 245/238/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone I'm on day 12 of phase 1 and feel that I'm doing quite well. My weight loss has slowed down from the first week, but I expected that. From here on out I'll be working on losing 1-2 lbs a week.

Like Mindy said, I can't be eating this well and walking regularly and not begin to lose weight.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #47  

Height: 168

Hi Girls! I will start today! I dont know all the FAQ yet but I hope I will find them here. I have some doubts about strawberries and tomatoes but I will hope I will resolve them.

The reason why I have choose this diet is because I have notices intuitively its the best for my body even before I knew that is called SB diet. I have noticed that the best for me is when I eat in that way and also If I eat carbs that they should be done separately from the proteins.

My body then does not collect excess liquids I have nice indigestion and feel great and not hungry. So because of that I think this is good choice and I would recommend it to everyone! Try it and go for it!

My goal is not to give up no matter what and no matter if I do some take offs from the wagon now and than. I think the persistence is the key to success.

So good luck to everyone! :-)
Old 06-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 215/187/140

Height: 5' 1"

Default Day 1 on Phase 1 and my 1st post

Off to a great start For breakfast: I had a hard boiled egg and celery with low fat cream cheese spread (3 pepperocini - green pepper- spread mixed low fat cream cheese) 3 black olives and 2 cherry tomatoes. For lunch: Lean Cuisine Sirloin Tips w/ broccoli. For dinner: Salad w/lemon and EVOO and a stir fry of eggplant and lean ground pork. Snack: 15 Pistachios and maybe 15 more later and more celery w/ spread. i had one cup of coffee w/ splenda, 1 diet Dr. Pepper and treated myself to a San Pelligrino. I also weighed in at work for the weight loss challenge.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 146/144/118

Height: 5"2

Hi everyone! I am on day twelve and have been strictly on plan until... last night I had a glass of wine at my nieces graduation party. I was so mad at myself and then thought OK-lifestyle change-not diet. So today and for the rest of phase one I will be whine and wine free. The good news is that I stayed on plan with my food while everyone else was eating lots of crap. Sooo. move on. I usually just say-oh I blew it and binge so....

Have a great OP day everyone. Kim
Old 06-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Been doing phase 1 since Thursday clean. Been working on it since Monday but had a friend leave so not a good time to start. I am finding it hard not to have that slice of bread or ww tortilla with breakfast. Spend most of the week at the pool with the kids so today is house cleaning and laundry.

tchermom,SmilesIowa- Hang in there and keep going.
curleegirl,ADDgirl- welcome and good luck
gypsyrose-2 more days! Have you thought how you will go into the next phase? I bought blueberries and froze them.
H2ODawg-Have you been on phase 1 for 21 days?

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #51  
Eating less, moving more

S/C/G: 245/238/165

Sunflower, I've been thinking very carefully about going into ph2. I'm planning to have once slice of sprouted whole grain toast with breakfast, and am planning to use some recipes this week that add brown rice and cooked apple to my menu. I want to do this very gradually and carefully.

The good thing is that this is the way I prefer to eat most of the time, except when cravings grab hold of me and I fall into old eating patterns. Right now I think I'm in a good place mentally and I'm working on staying there.

Hang in there, ph1 is only for two weeks, and then you can have that slice of bread of WW tortilla with breakfast Two weeks isn't that long!

tchrmom, you did good! Even though you slipped up, you have the right attitude...just get back on track

Hi curleegirl I've never had eggplant before, I should try it.

ADD girl If you haven't yet, be sure to read the book. It's a great source of information and helps you understand the foundations of this way of eating. And yep, persistence is the key.

Happy Saturday to y'all I'm off to fix some breakfast and get my shopping list together for next week. I found some neat recipes here and am looking forward to trying them out.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #52  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Curleegirl, be careful with the frozen meals. Most of them have cornstarch and added sugars if you read the ingredients, which aren't allowed on South Beach. Not to mention all the sodium. Plus I find them not too filling and not nearly enough veggies.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #53  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

Ladies... I am ALMOST to phase 2.. Monday is my last day.. I am down a total of six pounds today and have been fluctuating between a total of 3 pounds lost and 6 pounds, so I hope I finish up phase 1 with 6 lost or a little more.. Either way, I'll be glad to eat fruit again!!! Still going to take it very slow with the bread introduction.. as I now know that bready type things are major overeating triggers for me. I'm excited!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:24 AM   #54  

Hi everyone! Thank you for a great welcome :-)))

I have tried 2-3 day to be on SB but, in fact, my first day was yesterday. I did ate a little bit more then I should but I am concentrating on the content not quantity, I think that will come by time (I learned that).

I feed O.K. and I must say that I have a such a great indigestion for this few days that I
am tring that I cant beleave it. Everything have stared working
:-)
Old 06-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #55  

Popcorn, great, good for you! Dont think about 3 or 6 pounds, think about that how you did made it for 2 weeks, and that is a lot from my perspective :-) And I am sure you dont have the huge hunger that you used to have sometimes so...just keep on. And my advice - live out bread for 2 weeks more if you are the same type like I am, adoring bread. Eat potato, pasta e.t.c. but I am not sure that you will resist brad once you start eating it. I know I cant...
Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 199.8/*Ticker*/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxsunflower View Post
H2ODawg-Have you been on phase 1 for 21 days?
Hi Phxsunflowe,
Not exaclty. Other attempts at SB taught me that when I overdid the start into Phase 2, that everything stalled and I ended up both gaining a little back and fast-tracking my way to "normal" eating which derailed the whole thing!

This time around, I am inching my way into Phase 2. Today is day 23 for me and I consider this Phase 1.50. Last week I added one fruit per day to the regular Phase 1 regime (which was Phase 1.25, in my book), and this week am adding 2 fruits per day. I should also say that I am also eating Carb-Smart yogurt (Dannon) and smoothies (1 each per day) and SF Pudding at night, with the occasional square of dark chocolate. Last week I was THRILLED to add mandarins to my salad and this week am going to have strawberries and blueberries. Yippee.

That said, my loss was REAL fast at first, then stalled, now slowly creeping down. But, at 42, I can't expect (tho I do WISH!) the fast weight loss of my 20s and 30s.

Best of luck to you and I do think you need to LIVE. Don't beat yourself up about a wine. In Oprah's mag this month there's a great article by Martha Beck (I think that's her name) about being naturally thin - the focus on the brain and I know this is true - my brain is my worst enemy - that in the process of forgiving yourself for "slips" you take away the stress that causes more (bad) eating! Genius! Last night my DH and I went to Five Guys, never been before and won't make it a habit, but I had my first fries in 3+ weeks. Ate the burger w/o the bun. It was a nice treat but today is a new day and I am focusing on the great food in the house and the loss. Forgiving myself and moving on. THAT'S progress!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #57  
The Pook

S/C/G: 205.5/??/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Good Morning!

This will be my first day in Phase 1, here is the menu I'd love some critiques:-

Brunch (got up late haha)
Scrambled eggs - 2 extra large omega eggs, 1/2 chopped green pepper, 1/2 chopped green onion, 1/2 chopped roma tomato, hot sauce, cup brewed black tea, 1/4 cup 1% milk

Lunch
Turkey Burger - 3oz ground turkey white meat (97/3), seasonings, topped with 0.5oz crumbled blue cheese, 2 slices beef tomato, 2 cups romaine salad, 1/2 cup sliced cucumber, balsamic vinegar

PM Snack
Turkey Roll Ups - 3 slices lean deli turkey breast, 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle, 1 medium green onion, can V8

Dinner
3oz beef pot roast, 1 cup sauteed kale in 1/2 tablespoon evoo, lots of garlic, 1 cup steamed broccoli

Water
At least 2 liters.

I have lost my food plan that I made out on Friday! I know I took it out of my purse but after that who knows lol! I have it saved on my computer but it's at work (naughty me). I think I can remember what I had planned for lunch Monday and Tuesday but that's still annoying.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #58  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by curleegirl View Post
Off to a great start For breakfast: I had a hard boiled egg and celery with low fat cream cheese spread (3 pepperocini - green pepper- spread mixed low fat cream cheese) 3 black olives and 2 cherry tomatoes. For lunch: Lean Cuisine Sirloin Tips w/ broccoli. For dinner: Salad w/lemon and EVOO and a stir fry of eggplant and lean ground pork. Snack: 15 Pistachios and maybe 15 more later and more celery w/ spread. i had one cup of coffee w/ splenda, 1 diet Dr. Pepper and treated myself to a San Pelligrino. I also weighed in at work for the weight loss challenge.
just wanted to comment on your eating....personally i don't beleive lean cuisine is south beach friendly. low fat tends to have sugar added to replace the fat. not to mention all the salt in there meals will slow your weight loss. and you seem to be lacking in veggies...you should be getting 4.5 cups a day in.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

hi all day 3 of clean phase one is on. Tonight is a bbq at brothers house so will really have to watch what goes in to keep it clean. He is planning smoked pork roast, brown rice, mashed potatoes for those that don't do rice, gravy, green beans, and a salad if anyone wants one, and cake. I know the cake will be the reduced sugar one but.....and brown rice....are going to be hard to pass up. He is trying!!! I think I am going to make a batch of black bean brownies and take some coolwhip with me!! good thought!!

Breakfast was 2 egg whites & 1 egg topped with 2Tbls of lf cheese and 1/4c salsa, 4 oz of v8, and 2 slices of crispy bacon.

The grocery store is calling my name and I do need to go get more produce, and canned beans are on sale this week.

H2ODawg- I understand now. I was thinking that I will need to do the end of phase 1 the same way. I just hope that I can clean up my eating and that losing weight starts again.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #60  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD Girl View Post
Eat potato, pasta e.t.c. but I am not sure that you will resist brad once you start eating it. I know I cant...
Potatoes aren't allowed on SB. Only sweet potatoes on Phase II. Pasta is only the 100% whole grain kind.
Closed Thread