South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chatter on The Beach

Good morning! There's a big pot of coffee, some V8 and tea so help yourself. There is absolutely no tempting baking or fudge as it's all loaded in the car ready to go to the Church sale. (And I did not touch even a crumb!)

It's looking gloomy and gray out there but not raining - yet! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good morning. The baking and regular stuff can be in the hall but my plants and I will be outside. The forecast is for sprinkles so I'll go prepared.

This afternoon, I am going to an "olive oil tasting" in Merrickville. It should be interesting and, if not, at least I'll get to eat bread! It'll definitely be salad for dinner tonight.

I hope your Saturday is fun, no matter the weather.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:14 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone!

I got up early this morning and have been waiting for coffee, thanks, Ruth. Great that your baking went off without a hitch. I wish you could teach me to make pie crust. I would come roll them all out for you and call it exercise.

I had a very nice day yesterday and stayed clean. No big temptations, even at the luncheon I attended. Well....honestly... it was a bit painful watching everyone eat their bread and dessert, but I want to be under 200 pounds right now more than I want to eat that stuff.

Saturday……hmm….it’s my one day this week without a commitment. Number one is to stay OP, number two is do something fun. I ended up to the pool twice yesterday, and today I might ride to town and go to the store. We have some gardening, recycling center, and I might ?try? to take it a little bit easy. I’m cleaning my office after coffee. It’s been bugging me.

I do have a potluck at church tomorrow to plan for, and I think it would be in my best interest to make something “good” that I can safely eat.

Have a great day everyone!

Debbie R.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Debbie. You are another early riser I see although much earlier than I. How about taking taco bake to the pot luck? I frequently do that with crackers for scooping but veggies for me.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good idea, Ruth. Is it a SB recipe? I think I already have everything I would need.....and yes, I am an early riser..today especially early. I used to lie in bed and worry so now I get up and enjoy my quiet time.
Debbie R.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Thanks for the beverages Ruth. An olive oil tasting sounds like something I would enjoy. Yum. I love good olive oil.

Debbie - there are quite a few good recipes in the recipe section. I love potlucks because I know there will be at least one thing I can eat

We are off to Plum Island today. everything is packed (lots of water and good snacks) and we are ready to head out. Have a great day wherever you are
Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmm, olive oil tastings and a day at the beach. Sounds wonderful! Enjoy your day, ladies.

I have a huge grocery shopping to do today, and Monica and Carley are coming out later to spend the day with us. We'll probably grill something on the BBQ, and maybe I'll let Carley help with the gardening.

See you all later, and have a great day!
Old 05-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Ruth - you are a better woman than I. Not a crumb??!! I agree, the olive oil tasting sounds wonderful!

Debbie - Good job!! someone's quote on here is "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". Isn't that the truth?

Cyndi and Ruth- enjoy the day!

Me - off to work, then a barbeque at a friend's house. She's going to have lots of good south beach foods, and then I ruin it with pineapple cake for dessert! I should've been a good influence, but oh well!

Have a great day!
Old 05-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning & Happy Weekend All! Looks like the rain has moved out and it might be a decent day. We have to go to the "city" today, DH bought a new pair of tennis shoes last weekend and they are coming apart, of course I do not have the receipt. Since we are going I am going to get this mop on my head cut and then come home and color, can't go to graduation next week looking like I am actually old enough to have my baby graduating!

Beyond that I am going to try to chillax as the hip kids would say, alot to do next week with graduation, starting with baccalaureate tomorrow night.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ruth: Good morning and thanks for the coffee! Enjoy the plant sale at the church and I'll be crossing my fingers for no rain! I still have a lot to learn from you about willpower and discipline. That olive oil tasting sounds interesting. You'll have to let us know how it went!

Debbie: Another early riser, indeed! I hope you really get to take it easy today. We all need a rest day every once in a while. I'm sure you'll see 199 on that scale soon. You really seem to be doing well with the plan and that's great!

Cyndi: Enjoy Plum Island today! Is it just the two of you or is Kitty going as well? I probably need to read back through yesterday's post to see the update. Anyhow, you two have fun!!!!

Cottage: Have fun with the girls today!! We always welcome gardening help around here.

Twynn: Uh oh! Now I know who not to invite to a SB BBQ. I'm sure your friend will forgive you. Enjoy your day!

Stephanie: Ah, graduation. Can you believe how much they squeeze into such a short period? My one week of graduation prep was almost tougher on me than my Senior year! I hope you enjoy this milestone and know that you definitely don't look old enough to have a high school graduate!!

Me: DH left early this morning to help a friend move from a town about 1.5 hours away from us to a town .5 hours away from us in the other direction. I volunteered to make dinner for everyone, but still have to go get the groceries to get it done. I also decided to make some lemon bars to take to him. Poor thing lives alone so far away from anyone he knows besides us. I'm sure he'll appreciate some homemade baked goods. (He's always asking for some. ) Other than that, I have a fairly big SS class setup to do today and I want to clean my room up a bit...it's getting a little sloppy. I'm going to have to invest some money into some nice storage containers and organizers for my room.

I weighed in this morning and the plateau has finally been busted and we're moving again. I need to pick my workouts back up and just keep eating better. We're trying to transition back into more lean protein, which costs us more money since we always have fresh beef in our freezer, but it will be worth it to reduce all that red meat intake.

Okay, okay. I REALLY need to get the grocery list done and get to the store. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning to everyone,

Ruth- I will keep my fingers crossed that no sprinkles occur. Way to go on that willpower.

Debbie- Hopefully you will get to enjoy your day, I don't mind busy if it is something I enjoy doing.

Cyndi- Have fun birdwatching

Cottage- Have fun with Monica and Carley today.

Twynn- Enjoy the barbeque today you I would be tempted by your pineapple cake. hehe

Stephanie- Yup hectic week coming up for you- enjoy your day.

Kim- Hope you get everything done today- that is nice of you to make something I am sure he will appreciate the gesture.

As for me- enjoyed a lazy morning in bed- watched Bride Wars this morning in bed with DD2. Now to get my lazy behind in gear- Need to clean house and go grocery shopping and not sure what we have in plan tonite as its just me and the kiddos since DH is out of town till Thursday Nite.

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!! Happy Saturday!

Ruth - Hope it's not too wet for you today! Good luck with the sale, and great job staying away from your treats yesterday!!!! Enjoy the olive oil tasting tonight!

Debbie - Sounds like you did a great job yesterday! Keep it up!

Cyndi - Have fun on the island today!

Cottage - Hope you're able to find what you need at the store today!

Twynn - You are evil with the pineapple cake!

Stephanie - Have fun going to town. Hope they take back your DH's shoes.

Kim - Good job getting past your plateau. You've done really well. And it's kind of you to bake for your friend. Hope you have a good Saturday!

Me - Today is very busy in my little world. I'm headed to the mani/pedi place at 9 for a mani/pedi/waxing. Then I have a bridal shower to go to for one of my good college friends. THEN.....I come home and get all dolled up for a Gala that DH and I are attending this evening. Should be lots of fun. It's black tie optional, so it's a chance to get dressed to the nines. Can't wait!!!!!!
Have a great Saturday, ladies! ENJOY!!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Chicks-
just popping in for a minute. We had an absolutely perfect day of bird watching - warblers everywhere and lots of friendly helpful birders. While out I got a text from a friend and I guess I'm heading out to the Scottish Pub in 1 hour ! I may be too old for this

Ruth - How was the plant sale?

Twynn- I have to admit pineapple cake sounds yummy

Kim - way to go with that plateau!

Pacer - Good shopping?

Heather - Sounds like a lovely pampering day I think we need pics!

Okay, off to change and eat something.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good evening, Friends!

Today was DH's family reunion. It was a wonderful day of family and too much food. I have been eating like a fool again. So many people on this site have lost huge amounts of weight, and I'm defeated by 25-30 pounds. Any wise words or kicks in the butt?

DH is at the 'tough man' fights with his brother. Auston is sweetly in his bed. I'm watching a show on WE called "The Locator" then I'm off to bed. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Got the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 for the Wii. Don't love it....don't necessarily hate it...yet. It is buggy and a lot of time is spent overcompensating for those bugs.

Went to a birthday party tonight and was finally pushed into starting the cake business I've been thinking about for the better part of two years. I made a chocolate salted caramel cake and it was divine. It was worth the splurge, although I do feel rather ill after finishing the entire piece. half would have been more than enough. I was good the rest of the day, though. Breakfast was a turkey and pickle roll-up, lunch was grilled salmon and sauteed spinach with garlic. Dinner was crawfish etouffee (sans rice) atop some spinach with parmesan. I feel better now that I've had two clean days. I'll probably pay for eating the cake tomorrow, but I intend on making tomorrow clean as well. It's tough to start the habit but after I start it, it isn't that tough to stick to. I've asked DH to help me be accountable so that should help as well.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Tomorrow is going to be spent cleaning house and rummaging through the boys' clothes to see what fits and what doesn't is going in storage or donation bin. I'll try and fit a bit of gardening in as well.

Menu for Sunday:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs; yogurt with berries
Lunch: turkey wraps (lettuce for the wrap)
Dinner: Asian turkey lettuce wraps; spicy green beans
Old 05-17-2009, 05:45 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! We had a frost last night so some of the wee plants I left outside at the Church will be toast. The sale went really well although we had torrents of rain most of the morning. I came home at noon soaked to my undies despite wearing my rain stuff. A hot bath sure felt good.

Heather (Claire's daughter) and I went to an olive oil tasting late in the day. I know know more about olives and their oil than I ever thought I'd know! It was interesting though and the man presenting it was charming and not hard on the eyes. Aside from the oil and bread, we had wine and canapes so I just had berries when I got home. Bed sure felt good last night.

Church this morning and then I am hoping for a peaceful day with deck time and an afternoon nap IF there is no drop-in company. It's a long weekend here and the cousins are up opening up the cottages.

What's happening in your corner of the Beach today?
Closed Thread