3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   A little about me... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/171265-little-about-me.html)

nancy237 05-08-2009 07:23 PM

A little about me...

I am excited to be joining the group.. I was posting on the Core Forum this fall
and found the encouragement so much help. I still check in there to say hi
some. I lost 10 pounds doing the Core diet but the winter blahs set in and I was doing good to just maintain this winter.

Spring has sprung and I feel like a new person (decided I must have that seasonal thing where lack of sun gives you the blues). I don't realize I get that way until I spend a lot of time outside in the spring and have my joy and
energy back. :flow1:

I have a 17 year old boy , 19 year old boy that just finished first year at college,
30 year old step daughter , 32 year old step daughter and a very talented &
gifted :love: 6 year old grandson;) Wonderful hubby that I have been married to 6 years. We are both strong willed and all our kids are too so it is never dull
around here but the love covers all our challenges.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior and has carried me through enough to write a book. Always faithful, always seeing me through the messes I make !!!
I am a slow learner but gradually I am learning to seek his wisdom before I make a make bad decisions and need him to pick up the pieces!!

I am enjoying the South Beach diet and I think it makes my achey joints feel better. I am starting to hike some with my son's new puppy which has been so much fun, When my son returns to college I have to decide whether
now is the time for me to get a new puppy. My other dog has an old knee
injury that keeps her from being able to do the long walks.

We are going try to move to the NC foothills and get 5-10 acres next year after my youngest goes to college. I am 5 years younger than my hubby and have been able to stay home and raise my boys, so
after next year I would like to work for 4-5 years so my hubby can go ahead and retire and do some hobbies he loves(woodworking, fishing, scuba).
I am a Speech Pathologist.

There is a part of us that wants to travel the country and camp for a year,
so that may be in our future.

I love being in the woods, camping, horses, dogs, all animals, fishing, cooking, reading, being around kids, boating.

Well I did not mean to write a book...
Later,
Nancy

grneyedmustang 05-09-2009 10:31 AM

Hi Nancy and :welcome:!!!! There's quite a few resources here for you to use and guide you on your journey!

Schmoodle 05-09-2009 12:12 PM

Hi Nancy and welcome to the beach! Thanks for introducing yourself. It's always more fun when you have an idea of the person behind the avatar.

cottagebythesea 05-09-2009 06:57 PM

Thanks for telling us a little about yourself, Nancy! People seem more real when we know a little about you. :) It sounds like you have exciting plans for the future!

TwynnB 05-10-2009 07:46 AM

Welcome!

The NC mountains are beautiful...hope you find the perfect spot!

South Beach is a wonderful way of life...hope you enjoy being here with us!

beachgal 05-11-2009 09:32 AM

:welcome3: Nancy! I had the chance to visit the mountains near Asheville last year. It's a glorious place! :love: Glad to have you with us!

moncheree 05-11-2009 01:01 PM

Welcome to South Beach! Good luck! You will enjoy it, I promise!!!