South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #1  

Unhappy Please help!! I am so depressed. Need advice.

I am very depressed today. I did have the stomach flu for a couple of days Thursday and Friday and ate some noodle soup and crackers. It was days 12-13 on SB. Then I tried adding an apple and popcorn on Sunday. I weiged myself yesterday and I gained back 9 of the 12 pounds I lost!!! That set me off and I ended up binging on some crackers and 2 Fiber one bars late last night. I feel hopeless. I have been following the exercises from the book and only skipped on the days I was sick. So do I start all over again, the thought kills me. I know I am a carb addict and after last night I feel awful physically. Thanks for any advice or encouragement.
Kim
mynameismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

My advice is start over, from scratch and forget what is past...
Don’t beat yourself over it...
And do not weight yourself until you pass to the next phase.
Even if when you do the results are not the ones you expected, keep yourself on track.
That’s something I learned in this long and hard weight loss journey: If the scale doesn’t show me what I can see, f*** it! I will keep going, and eventually it will catch up with me and give me the loss I deserve (but you need to be focus for it to happen).
So, clean up your act and start over... It will be done sooner than you expect.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It happens to all of us. The important thing is to get back on track and not let this sidetrack you from your goals.

I would go back on Phase I for a while. Other gals here can suggest how long to do it. It's important to get rid of your cravings. The soup and crackers you had while sick plus the stuff you ate yesterday need to get out of your system. When you move on to Phase II, most of us add only 1 thing in the first week, like fruit, not fruit and a grain. There may be some weight gain due to fluid retention when moving on, but it usually settles right down if you stay on the program and are exercising.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kim, I'm sorry that you had a hard time. It's quite possible that some of the weight is water...canned soup (or ramen) has seriously huge amounts of sodium and popcorn usually does too.

Here's the thing. You definitely need to do Phase 1 long enough to get rid of cravings (at least 3-5 days, depending on your body). If I were you, I'd do it for one week, then move to Phase 2. When you move, please stay away from any corn products until you are WELL into Phase 2. It's very likely that it could cause cravings, and you don't want to start off P2 that way. So stick with lower GI things, like berries, at the beginning, okay?

Please don't get down on yourself, though. I'm sure some of the weight is water, and the rest can come off VERY quickly in your P1. I've gained weight once or twice during a week of being off plan, and you wouldn't believe how fast it falls off when you hit Phase 1 again. I'm usually lower than the week before the off plan fest by the third day! So keep the faith and get back on the wagon. See all our hands reaching out to help you back up where you belong?
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote