3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   This Is The Best Diet Ever!!! Woohoooooo!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/170448-best-diet-ever-woohoooooo.html)

moncheree 04-29-2009 06:27 PM

This Is The Best Diet Ever!!! Woohoooooo!!!

:carrot: I HAVE LOST 16 POUNDS IN 19 DAYS!!!!:carrot:
As you can see, I am VERY excited about this!! I am into Phase 2 now, but don't even have a desire really for "carbs" I have only had 3 strawberries and a 1/2 cup of oatmeal so far.. but I am afraid to really dive into Phase 2. IM SCARRREEDDDD... lol...

Lovely91 04-29-2009 06:34 PM

Amazinnnnnnng!!
Congratulations:hug:

fill me in, what's your diet plan:o?

moncheree 04-29-2009 06:48 PM

South Beach Diet

linniet 04-29-2009 07:02 PM

Congrats!!
Did you follow it very faithfully, to the letter?

losin it for good 04-29-2009 07:06 PM

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I seem to have plateaued, but I'm not giving in. Your loss is an inspiration - - Congrats!

murphmitch 04-29-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moncheree (Post 2719754)
I have only had 3 strawberries and a 1/2 cup of oatmeal so far.. but I am afraid to really dive into Phase 2. IM SCARRREEDDDD... lol...

Going slowly into Phase II is what most of us Beachers do. It allows you to see what foods cause cravings or stall your weight loss. I only added one thing each week. Oatmeal first week. Had oatmeal and fruit the next week, etc. What a fantastic way to start off South Beach. :D

Have you taken measurements. I was so excited to see my waist measurements shrinking. Don't get too bummed if your losses slow way down in Phase II.

adaminu 04-29-2009 11:49 PM

Good Job

Good Job! You are a winner.:D I feel very hopeful I can lose some too!
This is only day three for me.
How often did you weigh in during the 19 days?
I am trying very hard to resist the scale and my goal is to weigh in only at the end of the two weeks.
Keep up the good work!
:hug:

rdw1 04-30-2009 12:07 AM

WOW- Congrats! Thats truly amazing considering how much you have to lose! WTG!

jennie934 04-30-2009 08:17 AM

wow!! congrats.
I hope I see similar results. I am only on day 3 ;( its a tough day today. I'm craving fruit like no ones business.!!!!

hmacneil6 04-30-2009 09:26 AM

Great job!!!! Sounds like you're truly on your way to success!!!

beachgal 04-30-2009 09:36 AM

:bravo: Moncheree! That's great work! Best of all, I bet you feel fantastic. It was a revelation to me when I realized how much time I spent thinking about, dreaming about, and focusing on food. Being free of cravings was like a huge gift of time! :D

As for Phase 2, don't be afraid! It's AWESOME! :cloud9: I gained a little (five pounds) after starting P2, but I lost it all in a couple weeks and went on to lose another 100 pounds. It takes a little time to figure out what works for you, but it's SO worth it. Here are some threads to help you:

Emergency Handbook for Phase 2 This thread has links to tons of other threads that help you work into P2.
What's your P2 Combo? Information about how to start P2 and about the specific "combos" that work for our members (i.e. how much fruit, starch, etc. they can have and still lose weight in P2).
Just in case anyone is too afraid to start P2 and is considering extending P1, here's a thread to help you reconsider: Phase I Time Limit - from The Daily Dish

Losin it for Good, plateaus are (unfortunately) a part of every weight loss journey. Hold on and you're due for a "whoosh" of weight dropping off. In the meantime, try changing things up. Eat something different (an apple instead of berries, for instance), eat what you've been eating but change when you eat it (try having your fruit at dinner instead of breakfast), and change the type of exercise you're doing and/or when you do it. That seems to help. If you are still not moving forward, try entering your calories into an online calculator like www.fitday.com and see if you're eating too little or too much. And make sure you get enough water. :) You'll see a change soon!

moncheree 04-30-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linniet (Post 2719798)
Congrats!!
Did you follow it very faithfully, to the letter?

linniet ~ the only thing I didn't follow was the caffeine. I love my coffee and tea... so I went only three days without caffeine. But the rest... followed it to the letter...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdw1 (Post 2720274)
WOW- Congrats! Thats truly amazing considering how much you have to lose! WTG!

RDW1~ i am not sure what you meant by that? Please inform me... on what you meant. Sorry.. Im still new to the dieting thing. LOL :)

weezle 04-30-2009 11:12 AM

Most people that don't have a lot to lose don't have such a large weight-drop in Ph1. Like, if you only had 15 lbs to lose, you wouldn't lose it all in Ph1. I think it's a great thing!!!! Good for you!!!! :cheer:

moncheree 04-30-2009 11:22 AM

Oh okay. I didn't realize that! Well, I feel like I still have a lot to lose. I mean my WLG is 105. I started out at 158.. thats 53 pounds. I am really short and petite so 10 pounds looks like 20 pounds on me. :( If only I was 5',9"... LOL then I would not have a weight issue. LOL!!!!!!!

Pearlrose 04-30-2009 03:18 PM

Great job way to go!!! You should feel so proud of yourself