3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Wednesday Wake-Up Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/170383-wednesday-wake-up-chat.html)

Ruthxxx 04-29-2009 06:07 AM

Wednesday Wake-Up Chat

Good morning! Grab a coffee and join me on the deck. You'll need to ring a quilt or shawl because it's a tad chilly but the sunrise is beautifully clear and the birds are singing madly. We can wait for the loon commute.

Busy morning today with vet trip for both dogs and then we all go to a pet therapy luncheon at the clinic. I've never taken both dogs so am crossing my fingers. Disney will wander around on her own visiting people and Jazz will do his lap sitting act so it should work out. This afternoon will be more garden clean-up.

I sinned last night! Two friends came in with a thank-you gift for me - a huge container of jelly-beans! Of course I had to open them and share them around. Green jelly beans are NOT a veggies. After they left, I threw the rest into the trash because they were just too tempting.

I hope your Hump Day is full of sunshine, flowers and no jellybeans!

CyndiM 04-29-2009 06:15 AM

Good morning Ruth! Ahh, I miss Jelly Bellies. I used to love the sours and the fruit flavored ones. Good for you throwing the rest out. I hear compost loves sugar ;)

Late day two today - I've got a meeting tonight. The garden class was great and we have the biggest group of new gardeners ever! It's still just 3 centers and 5 homes but that is a lot for our little area :)

It's Walk at Lunch day so I'm heading in a little early to walk around town with my bf work pal. I'm trying not to spend too much time thinking about not having her in the office. It's hard to not be a little down about it.

It looks like a lovely typical April day here and I'm heading out for an early morning bird walk with DP. I'll be back later for another cup and breakfast :)

cottagebythesea 04-29-2009 06:36 AM

:coffee:

We got our rain as promised, so no deck sitting for me. I'm glad the temps have dropped back down to normal for this time of year, though.

Ruth, good for you for tossing those jelly bellies out! Jake has a jar of black jelly beans sitting on the coffee table, and thankfully they don't tempt me in the least. I hope the doggage behave for their visit to the nursing home this afternoon!

Cyndi, have a nice birding walk this morning!

TwynnB 04-29-2009 07:32 AM

Isn't it a crime to throw jelly beans out? I think I remember seeing it listed somewhere...:D.

Ruth - I admire your strength! I got the kids jelly beans for Easter, just a small bag. Most of it is still here! But, I always steal a red one when I give them some. YUM! Good luck with the dogs today.

Cyndi - oooohhhhh, enjoy the bird walk. What a lovely time to go!

Cottage - enjoy the day!

Me - work. Isn't it fun? Then some shopping for the trip, dentist appointment, and it's daddy's night out....so I'll do something with the kiddos. Nothing too exciting! I LOVE this weather (60's), so I'm hoping to go on a run either tonight or after work. Never know how the schedule will go.

Enjoy!

Ruthxxx 04-29-2009 07:56 AM

Just took a stroll across th meadow and checked out the woods. The trilliums are suddenly in full bloom so I've changed my avatar.

cottagebythesea 04-29-2009 08:23 AM

Beautiful, Ruth. :) We have swaths of violets all over the place.

Pacergal29 04-29-2009 09:01 AM

Good Morning! Woke to a pouring down rain this morning, the dogs weren't to happy with me when I told them not going out was NOT an option! To get back at me the oldest one did his business in the newly planted flower bed.

Typical day in store here, hoping the rain moves out by the time I get home so I can walk.

Phones are ringing, guess I better hop to it. Have a great day chicks!

Jenskihere 04-29-2009 09:14 AM

Good morning. As much as I wanted to stay in bed today, I got up at 4:45, put on 2 sweatshirts and headed out in the dark for our morning walk. Monday we are going back to running and I am dreading it!
Just another day at work. I got my first assignment. Looking forward to being productive. DH goes back to work today. He will pick up DD from the bus and take her to my mom's. Not quite back to 'normal' yet, but does that actually ever happen?
Having a hard time with the cravings. I keep saying, "Today is phase 1", and I almost make it all day and slip up at night. Not horrible with sweets and all, just not a clean phase 1. How did I do 2 weeks of that in the beginning?
Enjoy your day. Thinking of those who are expecting some news today.

GradPhase 04-29-2009 09:18 AM

Good morning!

It's five am here, and I'm working the desk shift at my school dorms. Finals are officially done on Saturday and the boy and I move to a different town for our summer jobs on Monday. Things are about to be very hectic, but even more importantly - I am starving!!! He's upstairs making oatmeal as I type, so he can hand it off before he leaves to go study - what a keeper ;)

Rain has hit us too, but in much smaller amounts. Just enough to melt the last bits of April snow - always a good thing. I hope you all have a beautiful Wednesday! (And with lots of flowers, doggies, and kiddos this morning - how could you not!)

hmacneil6 04-29-2009 09:31 AM

So I neglected to turn my alarm on last night so I'm running an hour or so late, so no exercise or personals this morning. I will try to get back later in the day, provided the meetings I'm in today don't last too long.
But I wanted to stop by to say good morning!!!!

sophie 04-29-2009 09:54 AM

good morning -

Ruth - I think I need to wrap myself up in a sleeping bag to sit on my deck this morning. Will have to go and check my favourite forest patch here to see if the trilliums are blooming. At least I can't be tempted by jelly beans, they stick in my fillings.
Cyndi - enjoy your walks today. Things will work out.
Cottage - Enjoy your day.
Tywnn - enjoy your kidos night.
Stephanie - April rains brings May flowers.
Jen - wow, 4:45, way too early.
Eskimond -he sure sounds like a keeper.
Heather - nice of you to stop by and say hi when you are behind in your morning.

me - DH informed me there is no more soup so I have to make some today and clean up another part of my garden as the rains are coming back tomorrow. Gee I just thought of it, is it hump day?
Sophie
staying on plan this week although not getting enough water in.

smn

beachgal 04-29-2009 10:27 AM

Couldn't get in earlier...kept getting a 503 error. :?:

Hope everyone had a good start to their morning. Jenski, if you have time, try to think about what's tripping you up at night and how you can avoid it or get around it. If you need help, just ask. :hug:

We got our rain yesterday evening. The pup was not thrilled and used the back of my azalea bed for her business. ;) It's gorgeous today. Ruth, I took photos yesterday of the flowers in our yard and one of them was a double trillium just like in your avatar! They're so gorgeous! The Hepaticas are up, but no flowers yet. It looks like something might have eaten the flowers...I sure hope not! :(

Have a great day, chicks!

GradPhase 04-29-2009 10:36 AM

I have a visitor at work this morning - just thought I'd share :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Eyes/moose.jpg

Kim_Star060404 04-29-2009 10:47 AM

Hi, hi, hi! Hope everyone is doing well! I've spent too much time farting around the internet and need to get back to work! I hope to be back later for personals.

Jenskihere 04-29-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachgal (Post 2718865)
Jenski, if you have time, try to think about what's tripping you up at night and how you can avoid it or get around it. If you need help, just ask. :hug:

Thanks Laurie, I do need to put some thought into that. I forget that this is more of a mental challenge, for me at least!