terrific tuesday talk

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • well i'm making a pot of coffee as we speak so if anyone wants any its waiting.

first day of work went great, i love sewing although this place is about perfection so spent the whole day sewing on paper. funny after sewing 7 years for speed they want you to slow down and do it right. anyways, my legs arent to bad and even made it to the gym afterwards.
  • Good morning!

Thanks for starting up the thread and the coffee this morning, me4life! I'm glad your legs aren't suffering from the first day on the job, and that's awesome that you even went to the gym afterwards! I hope it all continues to go well for you.

One more hot, sunny day on tap before the rain and cooler weather moves in. Last night Jake and I sat out on the patio until the mosquitos drove us back inside. And I've already had my first cup of coffee out there this morning. Maggie and I may have our lunch at a new park that just opened not too far from their house this afternoon, but other than that, it will be just a lazy afternoon.

Today Jake and I will have been married 40 years! Looking back, it did go by pretty fast. We're taking a raincheck for going out to dinner until we get a free weekend.
  • Thanks for the coffee. Me4life, I'm glad Day 1 was good for you AND your footsies. Sewing on paper certainly will make for perfection but I'm sure it's boring. What will you be making eventually?

Cottage, congratulations to you and Jake for your 40th Anniversary! That is a record in this day and age. You have mosquitos already? We are still at the wee black fly stage around here but soon.

Looks like a decent day coming up, not as hot as yesterday. It'll be good to get back to normal temps today and I'll get a bit more outside work done.

A friend is coming to pick up a key this morning and I know she'll stay for coffee. Wendy is an enthusiastic gardener and will make all kinds of suggestions for my beds. I have to keep reminding her that she's 25 years younger than I am and tell her "should-me-not!" We laugh about it. I'm sure I'm just as bossy as she is when I give gardening advice although I usually wait until my opinion is requested.

This afternoon I do pet therapy at the nursing home. I can't remember which dog is supposed to go - must start marking it down. For safety reasons, I can't take both.

Enjoy your Tuesday and I hope it is terrific.
  • Good morning everyone,

Met4life- Glad to hear that your first day of work went well, glad you are enjoying it.

Cottage- Happy Anniversary, here's to many more.

Ruth- That is funny someone giving you advice on your garden. Have fun at the nursing home.

As for me Day 4 of Phase 1 really getting my energy back- got lots done at home after work yesterday. Nothing on the agenda tonite except wanting to see BL tonite.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Good morning chicks! Rain moved through last night and it is much cooler but still a decent morning.

It's nice to start my morning with you ladies again and be accountable to someone other than myself.

Things are a bit hectic at home right now with DD's graduation coming up and DS home for the summer. Time to get a new routine down.

Work has been causing me alot of stress which I am sure plays some part in my weight gain.

me4life glad to hear your job went well!
    Cottage congrats on 40 years!
    Ruth thought of you often while I was MIA everytime the spoke about the president and his new dog.
    Pearlrose I'll be right there with you for BL tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Good morning ladies!!! Happy Tuesday!

Me4life - Glad to hear things went well at your new job. Here's hoping that it only gets better from here!

Cottage - Congratulations!!! My in-laws will be married 50 years in October. It's great having examples of positive, long lasting marriages. Thanks for being an inspiration!!!

Ruth - Have fun at pet therapy today!

Pearlrose - I too am looking forward to BL.....I'm really hoping Ron falls beyond the yellow line tonight!

Stephanie - Good to see you! Good luck getting your routine back in order!

Me - Had a good day yesterday, exercised a lot (Morning 2 mile walk, 30 min. cardio workout after work, then an impromptu walk in the park in the evening), and this morning I was rearing to go. Feels good, now if I could only get rid of these allergies. The pollen is really bad this year and I feel like my throat is sandpaper and my nose is on a perpetual drip. Not fun!
    Tonight we're meeting friends for dinner at a BBQ place. They do dry rubs, so I can get chicken and some grilled asparagus and be really happy with that. So it shouldn't be too much of a challenge. But I need to be ready to battle if need be
    Have a great day, ladies!!!
    BLESSINGS!!!!
  • Good mornings Chicks! I opted for an early morning bird walk with DP since we won't see much of each other the next few evenings. It was a nice way to start the day

Me - Glad to hear your feet made it through the day. Wow, you even went to the gym! Go you

Cottage - The mosquitoes and black flies have shown up with a vengeance here the last three days. Early morning birding can be a bit buggy. 40 years, wow, that is incredible - happy anniversary.

Ruth - Black flies are the thing I remember clearest from my one Canadian camping trip. I started camping in the Adirondacks and thought I was prepared but the Canadian variety are vicious! Perhaps Wendy would like to spend some time in your garden?!

Pearl & Pacer nice to see you both

Heather - Sounds like yesterday was a busy exercise day. Allergy season is tough here too this year. Hope yours aren't too annoying.

Tonight is the first part of our gardening class. I'm pretty excited because we have the biggest group in 4 years. I'll spend the afternoon making tons of handouts because I love information Should be a fun evening.

Things are counting down to the big Thursday morning budget meeting. I have some guesses but we will know then. The stress in the office is palpable so that , at least, will be better after we get the official word. As for the rest, time will tell.

I'm going to use my morning to get a good floor workout in. I haven't been as good about my weights as I should so will do a little make-up work. I hate late nights but it is nice to have the morning. Somehow it always feels like found time even though it's just the day turned upside down.

Hope things are sunny or at least not snowing in your world
  • Good morning -

me4life -Since you love sewing, its half the battle there. Glad your feet will be o.k. I too am interested in what you will be making.

Cottage - Congratulations on 40 years. Bet there is lots of memories.

Ruth - that's too funny about your friend the gardener, my neighbour has already made an inspection of my place to see what made it thru the winter.
    Drives me crazy.

Pearlrose - Sounds like a relaxing day. Have fun watching BL.

Stephanie - its always an adjustment when they come back home.

Heather - your BBQ sounds delicious.

Cyndi - I would like to sit in on your gardening course. Funny you should mention snow. Its snowing were my DD is and she is pretty down about it.

Me - its raining here so I really don't know what I will be doing. We had chicken on Sunday so I know I will be making stock with the let over bones.
    Yesterday was such a nice day and part of my garden is looking up. Last summer I took on a task of getting rid of violets, I do love them but they really overtook everything and yesterday I still had to pull out some more.
    take care
    Sophie
  • me4life: I'm glad the new job seems to be going well. I think I'd be exhausted after a day like you had and you still made it to the gym! WTG!

Cottage: Congratulations on 40 years of wedded bliss! It was ALL blissful, right? I hope you have a wonderful day!

Ruth: How funny that she would give you gardening advice, but some people just like to advise, whether invited or not. At least you two get a good laugh over it.

Pearl: Great job getting so much done last night and WTG making it to Day 4 with so much enthusiasm!!

Stephanie: It is really nice to see you back. Good luck getting your new routine down. Adjusting to that much change can be hard. We're here for you!!

Heather: Bummer about the allergies. I've been fortunate since moving out West and haven't had to deal with them. When we lived on the coast, though, I was miserable! I hope you enjoy the barbecue. We're dry rub folks as well and that does make it easy to stay on plan.

Cyndi: We'll be thinking about you and the rest of your coworkers come Thursday. Have a great time at the gardening class tonight! I wish I could hop on over there and participate!!

Sophie: Enjoy your day!!

Me: DH and I spent a majority of last night on our backsides watching tv. It was the season finale of Chuck and I was going to skip it, but was drawn in after the first 15 minutes. I did get the laundry caught up and am back on schedule with it. Tonight I will catch up on the cleaning since it's leftovers for dinner.

I had a TOUGH workout last night. I did a Firm DVD that I apparently hadn't done the full version of. (They have a shorter "express" version that I've done before.) Well, it was a lot of weights mixed with cardio and I'm feeling it this morning. Thank goodness tonight is an easy night and I'll just be biking, doing some Wii Fit and walking the dogs.

Well, I'm going to head downstairs to the basement. We're behind on the filing and everyone up here is too busy to get it done. That's what stinks sometimes about being the "second-in-charge"; the dirty work falls on my shoulders. Oh well, if I ignore the years of dust down there I can enjoy the fact that it's peaceful and that I won't have to deal with any customers today.
  • Hi Ladies
    This week I can't chew so I'm on The impacted Wisdom Tooth Removal diet Cottage cheese (tho that's alot of chewing) Protein Shakes and Yogurt with Protein or flax and if I feel nauseous from the drugs plain oatmeal.
    The shake was actually pretty good I made chai this AM and popped it in the freezer while I showered and dressed added someo milk and 2 scoops of protein
    Me4 so glad the Job is going well!!
    Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG 40 years That's amazing Congrats to you and DH and ofcourse you were a child bride
    Ruth have fun with your garden buddy and the flowers in your avatar are GORGEOUS
    Hi Pearl, Sophie & Cyn
    WB Pacer
    Heather you're a fatburning machine!!!
    Kim how was chuck? I checked in for Heroes

Tell me if this sounds wierd to you all. Part of my Office including me is scheduled to hear about a layoff on Friday. . .However we're having an editorial appreciation breakfast that day too. I asked my boss if we were still going to find out and she couldn't answer me
    So I'm seriously wonderng if Everyone s goign to be going?
  • KO - You certainly see the skills and limitations of management in situations like this. Hoping there are no big surprises on Friday.
  • I asked my boss and she just kinda sputtered so we'll see!
  • Keeping you girls in mind as Thursday and Friday approaches. The unknown is worse than the outcome!
  • I'm with Jen...I hope all works out for the best for both of you!!!
  • i don't plan on complaining about the hours at work, i've been looking for a year so just glad to be working. its at wolverine boots....making boots for the marines