New Here but returning to the Beach

• Hi Everyone, I joined this forum a few days back.

Thought I would say Hi here as I will be doing the Sb diet for the third time.

It has worked great for me before but I have eneded up getting stuck in a rut and getting side tracked and gaining it all back plus some bonus pounds that thought they'd look good on me too! - trust me they don't!! lol

I am 4 days into phase one and so far so good, founds some great snack ideas from here and I will spend more time going through the posts here, plenty to learn from all the wonderful things you have all shared.

I look forward to getting to know my fellow beachers!!

Midnight Heart
  • Hello Midnight and welcome!!
  • Hi Midnight, Welcome back to the BEACH !!!
  • It's always nice to get another keen Beacher in the group. Be sure to check out the FAQ stickies as well as out fantastic recipe collection.
  • Welcome back! We're glad you're here.
  • Midnight!
  • Wow, I'm impressed...day 4 is Easter!!

Welcome to the Beach!
  • Midnight!

Why have you had trouble sticking with it in the past? I think answering that is key to making sure it doesn't happen this time, which I know you can do. Glad to have you with us!
  • Thanks everyone! - The reason I had trouble sticking to it in the past as we had some major life changes going on in our home, my MIL came to live with us as she was dying with lung cancer, she lived with us for 2 years before she passed and during that time weekly and then daily hospital visits made it impossible and we spent what good quality life she had left enjoying it, as much as I tried to stick to the beach each time I attempted to, I found too many hurdles or maybe escapes to eat what was there..

I've been trying to get back on the beach since January and each time I could not get round to it, but after seeing a picture of myself and realizing I had gained 20 pounds back in the last year was the final straw, I then found this forum and knew this would be the begining of a journey I would now enjoy with determination and support.

Today is day 7 on Phase 1 and I have lost 10 pounds!

I am working with mini goals, one small step at a time...
  • Sorry to hear about your MIL, Midnight. Sounds like a really stressful time.
  • Thanks beachgal - it sure was, she has passed on now, I sure do miss her, we became very good friends.
  • Welcome and
  • Thank you Jenn