Easter/Passover Menus?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Anyone willing to share or post? I think this is my final but still looking for ideas. We've only got 4 people total (DW and a friend and her sister) though.

Swiss Colony boneless spiral honey ham
    asparagus with orange zest
    mashed sweet potatoes (me)
    mashed potatoes
    rutabaga

And Junior's Cheesecake for dessert (for Nick and guests. I hate cheesecake!).
  • I'm hosting dinner for the entire family and extensions, and everyone is bringing a dish. So far this is what I know we're having -

Honey-baked spiral cut ham
    Sweet potato souffle
    Jim's potatoes (don't ask me )
    Baked corn pudding
    Green beans & spaetzle
    Baked pinapple pudding
    Orange cottage cheese salad
    Homemade artisan bread
    Boston creme pie
    Ice cream

There will be lots more, I'm sure.
  • It's just DH and I, so we're going small;

Grilled Pork Tenderloin
    Roasted Asparagus with garlic & bacon
    Salads w/ homemade vinaigrette
    WW buttermilk biscuits

and for dessert, I'm thinking a fruit salad or mango sorbet. I'll figure it out when I get to the grocery store.
  • I get the joys of both holidays, Passover with my family and easter with the BF's... last night's seder was dairy-based (which is pretty non-traditional), so I ate:

Hard boiled egg (which is a traditional way to start the meal)
    Gefilte fish
    Lox and cream cheese (rolled up, no matzah)
    Whitefish
    Pickled herring
    Fruit

I skipped the matzah, matzah ball soup, and various kugels and potatoes.

I am fearful for easter on sunday... BF's family is very traditional italian, so it will be pretty pasta-heavy. I may just have to graze on whatever is avalable, and eat when I get home....
  • not sure yet...me and my 11 year old with be spending the day with my new bf and his 16 year old son...so definately ham, sweet potatoes (for me) veggies and well not sure
  • Spiral cut ham
    Baked sweet potato
    Asparagus
    Broccoli
    Green beans
    Wheat rolls
    Fresh strawberry pie
  • Ham seems the way to go! We're having
    Spiral sliced ham
    Baked sweet potatoes
    Roasted brussel sprouts

MIL is making coconut cake -- non SBD friendly!
  • I'm making a chicken, smoked sausage and okra gumbo with rice (brown and white)
    spinach strawberry salad
    salad with cilantro dressing and pepitas
    MIL is bringing potato salad (blech!)
    lemon pound cake with homemade lemon curd, whipped cream, and berries
    hummingbird cake with cream cheese frosting
    fresh salsa and chips
    hummus and veggies
    homemade red pepper jelly and cream cheese with crackers
    stuffed jalapenos (DH specifically requested it)

we also have 150 plastic eggs stuffed with candy and coins .... for 4 kids. How we ended up with that many, I'll never know.
  • It's just DH & I this year.

Besides having an Easter egg (colored hard boiled egg) sometime in the morning, we're having a pretty simple menu:

Cook's low-sodium ham
    whipped sweet potato
    asparagus

lemon ricotta creme for dessert

And then I use the ham bone to make Canadian spring pea soup (yellow pea soup) for during the week!! MMMmmm!!!
  • Don't forget the deviled eggs!!

(we're going to a friends, so I have NO idea what the menu is, other than ham and veggie tray!)
  • Toay is the start of the Easter celebrations around here.

Lunch for Shirleyanne and her daughter: Chicken Saltimbocca, wee new potatoes with parsley butter, sugar snap peas, spinach salad, pineapple cake with rhubarb/strawberry plus yogurt topping.

Dinner for the Pypers on their way home from the States: Pizza from the Diner plus more salad and leftover dessert from lunch.

Easter Dinner: Leg of lamb, rice pilaff, spinach salad with figs, Angel Pie (you don't want to know!)
  • I'm debating over whether to have a "dinner" or a brunch since my oldest son will also be going somewhere with his girlfriend's family later in the day....
    so I'm thinking maybe a big frittata including every kind of seafood I can get locally and maybe Namaste rice flour Belgian waffles and mimosas and fruit...
  • Depending on if we start demolition or not- if so I am NOT going all out!

Quorn roast
    roasted sweet potatoes
    green bean casserole with minced dried onions on top instead of fried ones
    spicy asparagus

for two
  • Brian will be with his Dad and Don is working so I'm not sure what I'm doing for Easter. Might just go out.
  • I think Mom's doing ham and mashed potatoes. The guests are bringing: deviled eggs, goat brie with whole grain crackers, roasted sweet potatoes, cauli mash, and strawberry mousse (me); asparagus and whole grain couscous salad (SIL and niece), and there will be desserts. I love that I'm not the only one in my family eating healthier these days, so there are always good choices.

Zeff, my grandma always made hot pepper jelly and had that out with cream cheese and crackers at her parties... along with the pimento cheese. I haven't had that in years!
    Ruth, that salad with the figs sounds heavenly. Fresh figs, right?