South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Coffee & Chick Chat

Coffee's on! This is your WAKE UP CALL!

Actually, my wake-up call was loud pounding on the front door, and the phone ringing. Jake had locked himself out. He said he rang the doorbell, but I didn't hear it. But since I was up, I decided to get the laundry going and make tonight's supper. I've had several cups of coffee and am rearing to go!

So who's up?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Barely up and need coffee but my kitchen has 250 bunches of daffies so I am cheery. Lots to do today so I'd best get with it. I'll check in later.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

OH! That flower is beautiful! And Cottage is right...I needed a wake up call! Who's more tired after the birthday party...me or DS? (or DD?!?)

The birthday party was great. I did one of those packages that you don't have to do anything but show up with a camera, and it was awesome. That little dog I removed a 1/2# tumor from did FANTASTIC. I called last night to work to check on her, they said they were sending her home because she wouldn't stop barking at everyone!!

Today is a longgggg day at work. Getting my first cup o' coffee down. I love Thursdays, because (if you remember him) Matt always has another pot waiting at work . That boy lost over 50#, and now is an exercise addict!!

I did make the southwestern lentil salad, it is YUMMY. I'll have to post it for everyone!

Have a delightful Friday!!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I'm up, I'm up! Got loverly hot tea brewing. Auston gets out of school every day at 11 -- he's in 4K. Today, he and Jeff are coming to my office to meet everyone and we are going to lunch. Very fun! My supervisor has vacation days today and tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll be taking a lot of messages today. No problem!

Enjoy your daffies, Ruth.
What's for supper, Cottage?

You all have a great day!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thank you Ruth! That's exactly what I needed this morning

Just a quickie for me. I have ironing to do

Twynn - are you dangling Friday in front of us?! I am soooo looking forward to the weekend!

Okay off to iron. Have a good day Chicks
Old 04-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! I can't think of a thing to complain about, so that must mean it will be a good day! I'm not really awake yet, though so give me a minute...
Well, the weather is kind of dreary. Oh, and I haven't found my wallet yet.
Ruth, waking up to a kitchen full of daffodils would be wonderful. How could anybody not smile? Thank you for the picture.
cottage, that's a rude awakening, but at least you made the best of it and got things done. When I woke at 4:30 yesterday, I read for 2 hours.
Glad things are going well Chel.
Twynn, good job on the doggie. I'm sure her owners are very grateful. Yes, we remember Matt, please say "hello" from the chicks! Please do post the salad, we can always use another good lentil recipe.
Cyndi, what is this "ironing" of which you speak?

OK, I'm going off to be stern with myself and plan today's menu. Or else pretty soon I'll be back where I started.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

What an awful way to wake up, Cottage! Thank the good Lord for cawfee, eh?

Quote:
Daffy Down Dilly has come to town, in a yellow petticoat and a green gown.
I noticed on my calendar, Ruth, that Sunday is "Daffodil Sunday." We have daffodil deliveries in April here, but they're connected with raising money for a cause--is it the Cancer Society? Anyways, is that what's going on there or do you have a special Canadian holiday?

Twynn, Matt sounds like quite the inspiration! I can understand the exercise addiction...I think it's what's kept my SAD at bay this winter. I'm SO glad the Doxie did okay! They do tend to be major barkers. Too funny about sending him home! Glad DS had a good birthday and you didn't have to go nuts to make it that way! Please share the lentil recipe!

Chelby, does Jeff take care of Austin in the afternoons? Enjoy your lunch!

Cyndi, you are a better woman than I. I cannot iron to save my life...I do my best when quilting but save all clothes for DH.

Schmoo, did you really lose your wallet?

Me:
Last day of work this week and then off on a relaxing weekend! Yay! DH and I are really looking forward to doing very little of anything that doesn't make us feel happy and relaxed. We both need it! Tonight may be a bit crazy--I'm going to try to hook up with a friend who has moved far away but will be in town today, then I have tons to do at home and a gym visit to coordinate. Good stuff, but hectic.

The brown soda bread worked out fantastic last night! Mmmm! I posted the recipe.

Have a great Thursday, chicks!

Last edited by beachgal; 04-02-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, Laurie, the daffies are to raise money for The Canadian Cancer Society. I think Daffodil Sunday is happening on both side of the border.

I'm feeling chuffed because I just got calls from two more volunteers - both men! This sort of thing usually is done by the women around here but I have six guys working with me now. That'll give the village biddies something else to talk about, not that they are short of subjects!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #9  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning ladies

i am planning on doing nothing today but heading to the gym after lunch and enjoying my birthday. maybe walking max but thats a given anyways. i'm about to put on coffee if it isn't already, i'm at th bf's house and he's already gone to work so anything is possible.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Happy Birthday M4!!
Ruth the Flower brightened my day!
Laurie Enjoy your YOU time!
Schmoo Lol
Cyn that's 1 thing I don't know how to do
Chel MM tea and lunch with your guys Sounds Awesome!
Twin So glad the doggie is ok
I'm running around with 6 heads all fighting today! and their all in my brain! and the coffee guy put SUGAR (bleh) in my coffee so I'm grossly under caffeinated!
Back into the breach!
Kierie
Old 04-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Happy B-day M4!!!!

Twynn, how'd the weenie dog do yesterday? My family is sensitive to anything to do with weenies.

I wish I had time to reply to everyone but I'm going to get a TON of work done today! I have like 60 leads to enter into the computer. Whew! Sipping my black tea and hoping it kicks in quick because I need a pick-me-up and to be able to type a little faster!

Have a great day! I'll check in later when I have more time!!!!

Lisa
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

sorry can't do personals again but have a webinar in a couple of minutes. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

Getting ready to leave for Florida on Saturday so I will be MIA for over a week enjoying Disney.

Ruth thanks for sharing the beautiful picture

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Pearlrose, enjoy FL!!!! Can you stow me away in your suitcase?

About to start my 3rd cup of Fast Lane..... wheeeee!!!! I posted and forgot that I was going to type some more. Geezey Petes.

Got a lot of work done already. Been entering leads into my database and made Bridal Gift Certificates for all the Bridal Parties I'm going to be doing. Sheesh!

Gotta start putting some custom looks together. I'll pop in later!

Last edited by weezle; 04-02-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #14  

Don came over this morning and cut out the doggie door into the garage. He fastened a dog crate to it so that Rex can get in out of the rain but he won't be running loose in the garage. Right after he left the dog jumped on the storm door and knocked out the glass. I was hoping Don could fix it so he came back but it looks like it's time for a new door. And I need to work on training him not to jump on the door. The only good thing about it is Don and I got to go out to lunch since he had to come back.

Looks like he's going to be doing a job out of town this weekend so I'll probably be one my own. I'm tempted to go with him but I wouldn't be back before Brian gets back from his campout so I think I'll have to pass.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm just popping in to wish Me4Life a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Closed Thread