Trying for Terrific Tuesday Twitterings

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Looks like another sunny day here in the Rideau Lakes. Yesterday looked nice but it sure was freezing cold in the wind! Today we should hit 42ºF.

I have the usual "stuff" to do plus my ever-growing pile of niggles so am going to get right at them - after a soak in the tub! I have to do that every so often to remind myself I'm retired.

Hope your Tuesday is as terrific as possible.
  • Good morning Ruth! It's pretty darned cold here today too but our high is similar. How did that happen, I thought it was colder up north?! It sure is nice to see the sun.

Another busy day today. yesterday turned crazy when a meeting ran late and I ran from thing to thing all afternoon. It was nice to end with yoga. Today I have two program visits and a late afternoon PT appt. Not sure whether dinner will end up being leftovers. I was thinking lentil soup but not sure I'll have time when I get home.

Have a good day Chicks
  • Good morning, Ruth and Cyndi. It looks like my weather is a carbon copy of both of yours. Definitely a winter coat day!

I had a lovely visit with Caite last night, and managed to get home an hour early so I had time to make a nice dinner, too.

I wonder what today has in store for me. Now Cindy is sick with that nasty virus, or whatever it is. I expect that Audrey or Richard will eventually come down with it, although they've been warned to stay away from the patients. I've been going around their house with a bottle of Lysol and diligently washing my hands, so hopefully that will help contain that nasty bug.
  • Good morning chicks, I'm sipping my one precious cup of coffee mmmm

cottage, glad you got a visit with Caite in. And I've got my fingers crossed you stay healthy! Maybe a face mask a la Michael Jackson?
    Hope your week calms down Cyndi - any WAH days coming up? I did well yesterday, by the way, I only checked facebook once during the day, at lunchtime. I had to look because DH made a facebook and the DDs were freaking out. Funny. I guess now they will have to behave, but so will I!
    Cold and sunny here too Ruth, but not so cold as you. Hope your mood improves!

Just the usual around here, trying to stay on track and get things done. Story of my life.
  • WOW- I must be early- or you chickies are late>?! which is it I don't think I ever get in this early!

Well, will try to hit up personals later but I have a hair appointment to get to- yahoooo!!!!!

Hope you girls have a great OP day!!
  • morning all...its supposed to hit 48 here but with the winds probably feel alot colder. i'm sore already from doing hours of raking and still have yard work to do. depends on how windy it gets.

ruth-enjoy the soak
    cyndi-hope you find a little free time today
  • Good Morning, Chickies,

I wish I could blow some spring to you! It's been getting up to 75 for about the past two weeks. The trees have a slight green haze about them. The dogwoods are beautiful. Tomorrow storms are moving in, but it will still be in the 60s. It's supposed to rain Wed - Sat! Auston and I are going to enjoy the sunshine today.

I've been living the SBD lifestyle for 3 months now and I'm just barely hanging on the wagon. I'm doing great during the week, but weekends are killing me. I need to jump on again with both feet. Swimsuit season is coming!
  • Good morning ladies! Happy Tuesday!

Ruth - Hope your niggles are getting under control!

Cyndi - Sorry to hear that yesterday turned into a crazy one. I don't mind busy if I'm prepared for it, but busy that I haven't planned for is not fun!

Cottage - Good luck trying to stay healthy!

schmoodle - Good morning!

Rikki - I think it's a little from group a and a little from group b. Enjoy your hair appointment!

me4life - Here's hoping you're able to do some soaking today!

Me - I've got a really fun fieldtrip today at school. I'm taking a group to the Grand Californian Hotel in Downtown Disney to see how what it takes to run a 5 star hotel, from basement to penthouse. I'm looking forward to it. Then tonight I have to stop by Target to pick up some things before I head home. Should be a good day overall.

Hope yours is filled with love! BLESSINGS!
  • Hi Heather, re: your comment yesterday, yes I am a complete geek, no argument from me. Just to be clear though, I am NOT a gamer. That LAN party was not my idea. Just so ya know... geekdom, I accept you. Gamer, I draw the line.
  • good tuesday morning gals.... not much goin on here... we slept in again this morning... so kenedie is late again... gotta stop doin that.... the scale was a friend this mornin, so im in a good mood lol.... i went and got the paper, thinkin it was gonna be warm cuz of the sunshine.... wrong lol... but its supposed to get warmer as the week goes on.. lets hope!

ruth-- i really wish you didnt have to wait so long to get your knee fixed, thats really awful.
    cyndi--have a good day, hopefully have time to make your soup
    cottage--invest in one of them masks lol
    schmoodle--facebook is wonderful for spyin on your kids lol
    rwd--have a gret time at the hair salon
    me4life--have fun out in the yard lol
    chelby---i agree.... weekends suck for dieters... i think its cuz we were all brainwashed as children to believe that theres something magical about the weekends lol
    hmacneil-- your field trip sounds like so much fun!! i would love to do that one day1

well im off to get some stuff done... have a great day on the beach... and for those still to come in, you have a great day too

stacy xxx
  • One of the SB Chick's signature says something about 'being a geek pays the bills.' I'm a geek too! Proudly!

The downside of geekdom is being terribly practical. I wish I weren't so practical and more able to fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants. My mom said I'll get that trait back when Auston grows up.
  • From the weekend thread:

Quote: Mizski - We are heading to the Cape for my birthday, first weekend in June. We will be camping near P'town and biking the Provincelands. I started planning last year when we camped in Chatham and biked the rail trail. If you're around we definitely should get together. You would be my very first in person Chick
    Sorry I didn’t check back on the thread in time. I’m right near Chatham. I haven’t done the bike trails in years…it is something I look forward to doing when I’m closer to goal.

Early June is a wonderful time…before the onslaught of tourists and traffic! I would love to get together. I haven’t met any Chicks before either.

I’ll PM you with my contact info.

We are having snow showers today! Ugh!!! Got to go and make some phone calls before it gets much later. Have a great day everyone.
  • Morning all. I am darn ready for Spring to feel like Spring. I'm not sure how I can be such a wimp about the cold given that I've lived in more or less the same place m whole live. But between hating the cold and my seasonal depression, I am SO not built for this latitude. We are saving up to move to Florida - ASAP!

Ruth, your "I'm Retired" ritual sounds lovely! Hope your weather warms up like it's supposed to.

I'm sorry you day got so busy Cyndi, but ending up with yoga definitely sounds like a good way to unwind.

Gosh Cottage, I hope all that Lysol and hand-washing keeps that nasty bug from spreading. Good luck with it!

Schmoodle, your Facebook stories are cracking me up! LOL

Enjoy the hair appointment, Rikki!

me4life, hope you get that yardwork taken care of without hurting yourself too much more. Enjoy the sunny day, even if it's cold and windy.

Chelby, I'll definitely take some of the 75 degree weather! Wow! Sorry the weekends are giving you so much trouble. What's hardest for you? Sweets? Coffee drinks? Booze? Snacks? Can you plan OP versions of these and have them with you? It ca be so frustrating to work hard all week and see it all undone in a couple days. Hang in there!

WOW Heather, that sound like a super fun field trip! Sounds like it'll be really interesting.

Glad to hear the scale is your friend this morning, Stacy! Doesn't it always just put a shine on your whole day? Those sneaky sunny-but-cold days are driving me nuts too. I'm ready for warmer weather already, yeesh! LOL

Yikes, mizski - you're getting snow today?! Makes me glad I'm inland, west of Boston. Brr!

And then there's me... I pulled a bunch of lower back muscles last night, so I'm pretty much stuck in bed all day. Thankfully my sweetie is working from home now, or I don't know quite how I'd manage to eat right. I was going to make us grilled chicken and veggies for lunch, but I can't really manage it. So he'll make us BBQ chicken and beans instead. Hopefully I can manage to be up long enough to get chili in the crockpot for dinner, but I'm trying really hard not to push myself too much and end up making it worse. The good news is I'm down 2 lbs this morning! Gotta love that initial water weight woosh! Which reminds me, I haven't had ANY water today, oops! Hmm, better get on that...

Have a good one, ladies! Enjoy the sunshine, even if it's cold... and if you don't have sun today, here you go:
  • schmoodle - There are large parts of me that are totally geeky. My hubby proudly wears the geek monikor. I love it! Being a geek is awesome!
  • i dont consider myself a geek.... im more of a twit lol.... dippy as sh*t most days... cant remember my kids names lol... chloe says "mommy, why do you call me everything but CHLOE"?? lol... heck i call the dawg savvanah and savannah, maggie... lol... oh well they'll all grow up with idenity issues... i think im gonna watch days of our lives today... talk to ya'll later.... stacy xxx