South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-16-2009, 02:23 AM   #1  

Location: South Beacher...In the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Height: 5'9

Default coming back after 3 years...

Hi All!

Well, I have gotta get my butt back in the game..Lived the SBD plan, then some life "stuff" as we all have...health challenges, etc. I allowed 25# of 50 that I had lost to creep up on me! I feel so mad at myself! I just wanted to ask if Dr A has made any major changes since the original plan? I don't want to read Supercharged, it just overwhelmes me right now...just gotta start simple. I am so addicted to sweets and carbs again...any suggestions? Thanks so much, this has always been a great support place!
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Back to the Beach, Lysa!

Since you're already familiar with the SBD plan and how it works, just look at the revised food lists that are stickied in the FAQ section of our forum. They are up-to-date with the latest changes. The only things that are different in the Supercharged book are some new additions to the food lists, and there are some suggestions on exercising. Other than that, the plan is basically the same.

Good luck to you, and we hope to hear more from you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Lysa,

You most certainly can. I understand about being ticked off about the 25 pound weight gain. You work so hard to lose just ONE pound and it takes nothing to gain it back.

But you know how to do it and you'll do it.

Everything Cottage said about the book is correct; I just wanted to say hello and welcome you back to the beach.

Rock on!

Kick ***!

You can!!!
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

one thing ive noticed is .... this is a life time thing... i too lost all my weight, got down to 2 lbs above goal... then blew it all away and gained...... 75 lbs!!! that sucked, but here i am and here you are, and together with the help of this great site we can do this.... again! lol.. welcome to the beach!!

stacyxxx nice to meet you by the way!
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

back, Lysa!

Success isn't about how often you fall down. It's about getting up one last time and staying up. Hope this is that time for you!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome back.... remember today is a new day....
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #7  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

You've got it exactly right: START SIMPLE.

I myself am just starting back to the Beach; even though it's only been a matter of months for me, it's still a bit daunting. But I'm taking it one step at a time, instead of jumping straight into Phase 1. To start with I cleared ALL the junk out of my cupboards. Boy are my shelves BARE!

Then I made a list of all the meals I enjoyed on Phase 1, and a few I want to try. I was surprised at how many I came up with, including some that I've continued to make fairly often while off-plan. It made a great reminder that Phase 1 is not so different from how I eat now, and can be quite tasty!

Now I'm working on transitioning my fridge and freezer to totally Phase 1 zones, and reintroducing fresh veggies and plenty of water into my daily routine. At this rate I hope to be ready to start in a week or so - I figure I'm way less likely to fall off again if I take it slow and prepare myself.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do great - you already have a roadmap of what it was like the first time, so it'll be smooth sailing! And thanks for asking about Supercharged by the way; I had wondered what the difference was. I may get it from the library to check out the Phase 2 transition stuff, since that was pretty hard for me before.
Betsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome back to the beach Lysa!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #9  

Location: South Beacher...In the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Height: 5'9

Thanks soooooooo much everyone for your warm welcome...how encouraging!

I dug out my SBD cookbooks today, I have them all, they are all so good! It really helped, I now can focus on making some of my favorite things that kept me going the last time! I too am gettin my house, etc cleared of the "junk", cause when those darn cravings hit, I won't drive to the store, but I sure have been known to eat plaster off the walls! Anyway, thanks for the tips and encouragement...It IS a lifetime commitment, I can see that now, more than ever. If I had not gone back to my "old ways", I would not be battling this same 25#!!! AAARRRGGG... I know this plan works and once ya get through the first week or so, it starts to flowwwwww...

Last edited by mlmagic; 03-17-2009 at 12:14 AM.
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #10  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to say "hi Lysa and welcome back!"
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote