So far.. Im LOVIN the beach!

• Just wanted to share, Im on day 2 of the beach and LOVING it! It's hard to believe im even on a diet. Im so used to counting every morsel and measuring everything I really feel like im not dieting just eating alot better! And Im not hungry at all or even really missing the carbs or sugar yet....Im excited I hope it lasts, I've noticed i just have to keep it interesting with new recipes and foods to try I have looked on the recipe thread's here there are so many good ones I can't wait to try! Im so glad I decided to try this diet and Im tickled there's a site i can boast about it on
  • Yay for you! :)
    Congratulations on starting SBD and feeling so good w/ it! I really like it as well (this is day 5 for me) One thing I will warn you about...I've started SBD before and each time, around day 3 or 4, I start feeling really icky, weak & shaky. I don't know if it's the detox thing, or the revving of the metabolism, but that's generally when I start feeling like I really want to eat sugars again just to feel better and gain a little energy. It doesn't last too long (just a day this time) and once it passes the cravings are so much less, if at all, but it's good to know it could be coming (I think I've read here that others have the same experience). Good luck sticking with it today!

Jenny
  • I've heard of this im just waiting for it to happen, maybe i will get lucky I just will have to remind myself of the many positive's of this diet then I hopefully can get through it!
  • Kimber! I'm so thrilled for you! I felt the same way when I started SBD. It shocked the out of me! I thought I'd starve if I didn't eat sugar. Little did I know...

Jenny, I find that when I do Phase 1 now to detox (usually no more than 5 days or so), that day 3 is the hardest for me. I think of as if the little sugar demons in me realize that I'm almost free of them and they cling to me like mad. (I realize that sounds a little crazy!) It's a goofy version of what really is happening. Your body realizes that it's quick source of energy isn't forthcoming and that it's running out, so it sends you powerful messages to eat sugar. Wait 'em out and stay OP and you'll come out the other side in a much better place. It's kind of like going through delirium tremens (DT) for alcoholics, I imagine...only we don't get a padded room for it.

Eating good carbs (like bell peppers, tomatoes, beans, and dairy) will really help make that day easier. As does water, sleep, and babying yourself a little in how much energy you expect from yourself. By week 2, you're usually feeling so full of energy and vitality that you could burst!
  • Laurie! I totally pictured the sugar demons Kinda Like Digger for that toe fungus stuff all of a sudden sugars kinda ugly!
  • Glad it's working so well for you. I felt exactly the same way after starting SB. It's worked well for me. I only had one morning that I felt ill on Day 3. Good luck!
  • That's great kimber! Not everybody gets that South Beach flu... maybe you will be one of the lucky ones! I had it a little but not too badly.