Strange Craving...

• So I've been on P1.5/2 for about 6 weeks now, with virtually no cravings or anything... but for the past week, I have been really, REALLY wanting a beer. And no Michelob Ultra or Bud Light, but something heavy... a legit chocolate stout, or something like that.

The strange thing... I am not a drinker. At all. I barely ever drank beer pre-SBD, so I assumed giving it up would be the easiest part of the diet. I've drank a handful of times on the diet, but only red wine or vodka seltzers, and in very limited quantity (I've found the diet has affected my tolerance, so I try to limit it to one drink in a sitting, even if I'm out on the weekends).

Any possible explanation for my totally out-of-character desire for a beer?
  • I wanted a beer last night....only to discover that our friend had consumed every bottle and left the case in the fridge. Gee, thanks. Unfortunately, DH brews his own so we always have something new around...except last night, apparently.

I don't really have a good explanation for you...maybe a carb craving of some sort. At least you're not craving crappy beer! Could you try having a Mich Ultra and see if that tames the craving?