South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lightbulb The Chicks are Right!

Jennifer and Suzanne are right--it really is all about calories in vs. calories out and picking the plan that best suits your life, regardless of which one it is. They all work if you work them. A great article about a study that compared people on four different types of diets (for two years) just came out. Here's my favorite quote from it:

Quote:
"These results show that, as long as people follow a heart-healthy, reduced-calorie diet, there is more than one nutritional approach to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight," said Elizabeth G. Nabel, M.D., director, NHLBI. "This provides people who need to lose weight with the flexibility to choose an approach that they’re most likely to sustain — one that is most suited to their personal preferences and health needs."
Personally, SBD fits my lifestyle best. It helps keep me from physical cravings, so I only have to deal with my emotional cravings. It's healthy and makes me feel energetic and good. It's something I can do, and I don't feel deprived. Best of all, it's something I can (and will) do for life! Each of us has to pick the plan that works for us. When we find it and follow it, we are bound to lose!

Last edited by beachgal; 03-05-2009 at 12:18 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #2  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Word.
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote