South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone!

Hi, Cottage! I hope you have a great day!

Ruth: I can't believe your vacuum is 29 years old! It's older than me! I wish I could find a vacuum that would last that long. We end up replacing ours about every 18 months because of the dogs. Ours right now is on its last leg. I hope you and Jazz have a great visit!

Cyndi: Isn't the fear of Rikki something? Just thinking of her butt kicking kept me away from the chocolate cake and ice cream! I hope you have a wonderful day! Stay warm! I'm glad the scale is moving for you again...I knew it wouldn't take long.

Twynn: "The snake was a no show!" I wish my no-shows were that exciting! We had a move like that once. It was so nice to take my time and be able to get things put away. We were able to move the big stuff on move-in day and just start living! It was great!

Rikki: Thanks for your tough love yesterday! I thought about you while the cake was going around and passed. I hope you have a great day and have time for some beautification (not that you really need it!)

Schmoodle: My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and all her loved ones, including you.

Chelby: Sorry about your tooth and I hope the procedure is quick and painless.

Laurie: I hope you have a wonderful day! I'm so happy that you called Ruth "dude". I don't know why. It just made me giggle!

Diva: Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I've had to do, but it was SO worth it! I'm sure you'll see the benefits of doing so right away! Let us know when the quit starts so we can send our happy thoughts your way.

Stacy: I hope you get to feeling better quickly! Get lots of rest!

Me: Not much here. DH and I woke up late this morning, of course, so it was breakfast on the run. At least that means there are no dishes to do when I get home tonight.

We've had a rough 24 hours in our county. About 600 acres in a "subdivision" south of town have burned with 13+ residences having to be evacuated. None of the lots there are under 20 acres and there's no natural barrier, so the flames are just spreading and spreading. Our small volunteer fire department is struggling to get things under control, so reinforcements will be coming in, but the good ones are 3 hours out. I haven't heard anything lately, but it sounds like the residences that were in danger have been spared.

That's it for now. Off to the races I go!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #17  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Afternoon, chix

Cottage: Good to see you were up and at'em early this morning. Are you still playing in the snow?

Ruth: I got a really good vaccum off of e-bay and my husband refused to believe there wasn't something wrong with it. Good luck with Jazz!

Cyndi: Good luck with your garden planning!

Twynn: I hate slow days at work! I think I would rather be stressed and busy rather than trying not to watch the clock.

Schmoodle: My prayers are with your friend and I hope all goes well.

Rikki: Good luck with your running plans...I hope you get the time your looking for to get your nails done. When you rook mahvelous...you feel mahvelous!

Chelby: I was always alright with the dentist. Then I moved to the UK. The first dentist I had drilled so hard we shattered my teeth. Good times.

Laurie: I always liked the St. Paul story. I took as there's hope for us all if even Saul can be St. Paul!!!

Diva: Look at you and all your clean livin!!! You stick with it...sounds like you're doing really well. Keep going!!!

Stacy: Hope you feel better soon!

Kim: omg about the fires! I hope everyone is ok. You take care!!!

As for me! Went out for lunch with a pal and ate way too much. Looking forward to on plan eating tonight. DH will be watching football (soccer) and will have BIL over as well. This means I'll be banished to the other room to leave the men to their shouting and swearing. Good times. That's fine, I'll spend some time with you hawt chix and myspace!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #18  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls!

DH just left for work so I finally have a minute to check in.

DS2 had a great night last night and is finally seeming to learn to self-soothe. He went to bed at 9:30, woke up around 4 for nosh and then went down again until around 8. I could definitely live with this. He just went down again a few minutes ago and that went smoothly. Like DS1, he seems to enjoy being in his own crib -- I guess we don't disturb him as much.

Plan for the day includes a trip to the Goodwill to drop off more stuff, a walk around the neighborhoods and maybe a jog if I have time this afternoon. It's too tough to jog with the double stroller and our jogging stroller is only a single. Someone has to stay home! A little laundry and random house chores as well - DS is learning to pee standing up, so a bathroom scrub is in order!

Diva - good luck with quitting smoking! I quit about 6 years ago, I considered myself a social smoker and when my friends quit, I had to either face the fact that I was a "real" smoker or quit. I chose the latter.

Ruth - I really love my Dyson. I got it for my birthday last year (romantic, I know...I asked for it!) and it's really been great. It works awesome with my hardwoods and tile as well as my carpet.

Kim - Scary! I hope everything turns out okay with the fires and that nobody is hurt. Keep us updated!

Twynn- I feel your pain on the moving...if I was closer, I'd help!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #19  

Congratulate me, ladies, last night Robert signed the divorce decree! He isn't crazy about parts of it but he signed it. I'm planning to drop off the papers at the lawyer this afternoon so he can get them filed and it will be a simple court appearance rather than a contested divorce trial. I am SO relieved!

The appraisers came this morning. Hopefully the appraisal will come in high enough that I can refinance for the amount that I need to pay Robert. They didn't think I'd have any problem but I'll have to wait to see.

Now if I can only convince the dog to sleep in his crate without barking for a couple of hours. He's fine once he settles down but he barked until 12:30 or so and then the cats started meowing at 5AM. I'm a bit sleep deprived.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

barb... i dont know your story, but ive watched you speaking of the impending divorce... ive been there done that. it aint fun is it? mine wont let me leave the country with our daughter so john had to move to canada with us. wasnt a bad decision, but was upsetting at the time. i remember feeliing sad, like i was failing at something. now of course all is well and we became better friends than we were a couple. my thoughts are with you, and i hope that you are finally content.

hope everyone is safe with those fires Kim. its a terrifying thing.
have a great afternoon gals

stacy xxx
Old 03-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #21  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

In the words of Bill Cosby:

My fa-bus is num-bu.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #22  
beachin'

That took me a second and a few repetitions to get, Chelby.

Congrats, Barb!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Got a late lunch today, Hello all

Cottage: Hope you are having a good day.

Ruth: I need to get a new vacuum as well, but mine still works but it looks terrible.

Cyndi: Good luck with your garden planning!

Twynn: I hope you get some packing done and enjoy your run.

Schmoodle: My prayers are with your friend and I hope all goes well.

Rikki: I hope you get time to get yourself done up

Chelby: Good luck with dentist and congratulations on losing one of the lbs.

Laurie: Good luck with your bible study group.

Diva: I quite smoking 18 years ago, of course it was when I found out I was pregnant so I had good motivation not to pick up another cigarette again.

Stacy: Try to get in a little bit of exercise to kick off the cold you have coming.

Kim: So sorry to hear about the fires, hope they get everything under control.

Zeff: That is great that DS2 is sleeping so well, that makes life so much more relaxing.

Barb: That is great, I am so happy for you. Now you can move on with that behind you.

As for me had to share this; I got on the scale this morning and I lost 50 lbs!!!!!! Couldn't believe it got off and back on same thing. Overnight 50 lbs. LOL. Took a shower got back on and gained it back.

Not much on agenda for tonight, doing some software upgrades on pcs at home and taking dd1 to bible study.

Have a great day ladies
Old 03-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

chelby... you know the comedy of Bill Cosby??????? growing up, dad had 2 of bill's records... me and my cousins would sit and listen to them over and over and over till we could repeat the jokes word for word lololol. i have never met anyone who knew he did classic, clean comedy! the black poisonis snakes around the crib so he wouldnt get out and listen to the radio is one of my favs. oh my, im sitting here talking out loud like some kinda fool and laughing. you just brought back some of my best childhood memories. i thank you so much for that

stacy xxx
Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 314/314/160

Height: 5'7"

Stacy - my mom still has the Bill Cosby albums! I remember listening to them as a kid and laughing so hard. Wow, that really does bring up memories. I hadn't thought about that in years!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #26  

It's final! My lawyer and I went down to the courthouse and found a judge that was free and it is over!!! I have a signed official decree! There are still loose ends to tie up with the deeds and titles but I am legally single again! Sunday will be 14 months since I filed for divorce. Thank all of you so much for listening to me complain and for being such a support to me through all of this. You guys have been the best.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats barb!!! Good for you!! Hmmmm...I wonder if someone might be a little bit off plan celebrating tonight!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #28  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Congrats Barb I'm glad you're finally seeing rainbows after all the rain!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #29  
beachin'

Congrats, Barb! I'm sure you're shoulders feel so light after carrying all that for such a long time!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #30  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

"Dad is great! Feed us Chocolate Cake!"

That's my favorite Bill Cosby act.

Barb, Congratulations!
Closed Thread