South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Dinner Help?

I've got 2 chicken breasts, green onions, white onions, garlic, 2 packages of mushrooms and a cabinet of spices...I'd make chicken Marsala but no wine! Any ideas?
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'd brown the chicken first in a little olive oil, and set them aside. In the same pan, saute your onions and mushrooms together, and right before they're done, add the garlic. Let that cook a bit, then add your chicken back into it and cook until your chicken is done. Do you have any canned tomatoes? You could make Chicken Cacciatore. Or serve this on a bed of sauteed spinach. Or add a can of chickpeas or white beans to it.
You have a good base, the possibilities are endless.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #3  

The problem I have with sauteeing mushrooms is that they soak up so much oil. Sometimes I spray them with cooking spray, put them in a hot pan with some salt and pepper, then pour some stock in to finish cooking.

If you have a little balsamic vinegar, a drizzle that makes a nice stand-in for the wine. Or if you have some mustard you could bake the chicken brushed in mustard with garlic and tarragon & thyme under the skin (if it has skin!) Like Chicken Dijon.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #4  

All good ideas. Will brown chicken in EVOO, set aside, add onion and shrooms, then garlic, add a can of tomoatoes and serve over spinach. THANKS!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #5  

PS -- whatever I did, it was horrible. LOL. I didn't use spinach and my tomatoes were too much (too large a can!)