Moving into Spring Monday

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Good morning on this very snowy Monday morning!

We had several inches overnight and a lot more is due today. Schools are closed and I'm anticipating a day at home, too. I've had my shower, but I'm going to stay in my jammies as long as I can. I hope this is the last of the snow for this year, but as long as I don't have to be out driving in it I can enjoy it.
  • Good morning Cottage. Definite snow day here too, though lots of our schools were already closed for the day. It is pretty, that big lazy snow fall that just keeps piling up. I'm with you on hoping this is the last of it though. We've had enough already.

I'm taking the day off instead of working at home. The days away from the computer have been good for me and one more can only help. Besides I have plenty of leftover weekend chores
  • Good morning on this snowy day. It is weird to look at and see a wall of white out my window, This stuff is coming down in sheets. No school here either. . .although I may take the boys out to play for a while.

I had an off weekend, a lot of stuff going on, very stressful but I plan on jumping back on the bandwagon this morning. (Today would have been my last day on P1 but I am going to do it for a few days more).

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will try to pop in later.
  • Just checked back in my garden logs, Chickies, and this month should be the last of the snow. Isn't that encouraging? My friend Claire saw a robin yesterday - his red breast was purple from the cold though.

I'm off to the quilting group meeting this morning. They take their lunches and meet for the whole day but I never stay more than the morning. I guess they think I'm anti-social but I just cannot handle the constant gossip - especially when I don't know the people who are the subject! I use the dogs as an excuse to leave before noon.

My freezer stash is running low - poor planning as this is a busy week. I hope to throw some pea soup into the crockpot before I take off this morning so won't linger.

Stay safe and warm.
  • Snow is nice when you're on the inside looking out.

Cyndi, go ahead and take a day off! You've earned it!

mythreesons, enjoy your Snow Day, too!

Ruth, enjoy your Quilting Bee this morning. I was just contemplating what would be a good comfort food for supper tonight, and you've given me my answer. Pea soup sounds perfect for a day like today.
  • Good morning, I hope I'm not butting in. I spent the weekend on my snowmobile and at our ice shack. Beautiful sunshine!

No snow coming down here, just clear, blue skies. Can you believe clocks go back this weekend?? Where has the time gone?

Enjoy the week!
  • Hi, Steen. Of course you are not butting in! The Daily is for anyone who wants to pop in. It sounds like you have a good weekend. If we are going to have this darned cold, let's have sunshine too. Where are you in Northern Ontario?
  • Hi Ruth, I am 25 minutes north-west of Parry Sound. It's cold outside, but nice and sunny!
  • How did Cottage get snow, and I didn't? Not that I'm disappointed, I'm ready for spring!! I enjoy my running, but the treadmill....YUCK! I'm looking forward to warm weather so I can go even after the kids go to bed.

The sellers of our house REALLY want to move the date up (the sheriff's sale was supposed to be the 12th, she must have deadlines for other debts or something), so we may move it til next Monday or Wednesday. WOW!! I can't believe it!! (oh, and the new house has a rec room, so the treadmill isn't 10 feet from the kids' rooms!!) I haven't even begun to pack, but it's only a mile away...I'll probably throw stuff in a box, take it over, and do it again.

Today is work and errands....and maybe a run (inside, darned it!). And I need to be better about my snacking at night!!

Take care, chicks!
  • Quote: How did Cottage get snow, and I didn't?
    Darlin', I'll gladly send it to you!
  • If we are making up a care package I'd be happy to contribute
  • Good Morning Chicks, we are having freezing rain, I will glady send that along with the snow.... There is no school here either but it is March break for the kiddos anyway. Well hope you all have a great day. A quickie for me as the break is a busy time for me. I will try to pop back in later for personals. Have a great one.
  • Good morning, everyone. I have my laptop at home still, so I'm just laying in bed as I type. It's really a nice way to start the morning, but I have to get out of bed for coffee.

Cottage: I'm glad you have a snow day in the works. 3 day weekends every once in a while are nice, even if you don't leave the house. Enjoy your unexpected day off!

Cyndi: I was glad to read that you and Julie had a nice anniversary weekend! Enjoy your computer-free day. I can't wait to hear about everything you get accomplished today!

mythreesons: Enjoy your snow day with the boys! I'm proud of you for making the commitment to stick to P1 for a few more days. You'll do great!

Ruth: Enjoy your morning of quilting and meaningless gossip! My freezer is running low as well...anything you could pass on would be great! Have a wonderful day!

Steen: Hello and welcome to the chat! Snowmobiling sounds a little too cold for me! I'll take my mild West Texas weather any day!

Twynn: How exciting that you may get to move into the new house sooner! I hope everything goes well with all of that!

ETA: Hi, LC! I hope you have a nice, not-too-busy day!

Me: I'm still being lazy. No coffee yet. I'm off today for Texas' Independence Day, but DH has to work. It works out great, though, because I'll be able to do the cleaning, bills and menu planning while he's gone. I really prefer cleaning with an empty house and today is the perfect opportunity.

Well, now I'm finally off to get that coffee. Geez, it appears to me that I may be becoming dependent on it.
  • Cottage, that sounds so homey! We have some flurries here, but it's almost too cold to snow, I think! My car thermometer said 16*, but with the wind blowing so fiercely, I think it's much, much colder. Hope you can wear your cozies (my friend Claire taught me that word!) all day!

Ruth, DH and I went through our freezer and wrote down all the stuff in there--we have two pages worth! We planned the meals for the week to use up a lot of it. I'm not in love with the planned meals, but I did love cutting our grocery bill in half for the week! Hope the pea soup is delish! I don't think you're anti-social (FAR from it, chica! ), and I think it's a wonderful thing when just being at home is preferable to anything else. Means you've made home a lovely place.

, Steen! Of course you're not butting in! Nor is anyone else who wants to join in--all are welcome (hear that, lurkers? ) here. Sounds like you had a really active weekend! Isn't it odd that you Canucks aren't getting snow but we're getting it in Jersey? I just heard about the clocks...that's such good news!!!!

Kim Star, don't get any funny ideas about plugging in the coffee pot next to the bed. I'm having horrible images of you hurting your foot a la Michael on the Office.

to everyone else...Happy belated anniversary to you and DP, Cyndi! Hope it was a wonderful one! Congrats on getting into the house sooner, Twynn! Must be SO exciting!

Me:
    Nothing exciting to share here...work, gym, then home. I made a dent in some of the cleaning this weekend, which makes me happy. I'll probably do some more tonight...a little vacuuming would be great. Then off to bed! I just have to remember to drop by the dry-cleaners after work to get our comforter. We've been sleeping under a pile of odd-shaped blankets for a week and it's getting a little old.

Have a great day!
  • Tons of snow here, too. It's beautiful.

Good day to clean my house with music playing loudly. Husband is away on business so I have the place to myself for an entire week!

I may head out to the gym later if it's open.