What's for dinner? 1/12-1/18

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Time to start up a new supper thread for the week!

This sounds strange, but it's so good! I had a bowl of leftover roasted Brussels sprouts, delicata squash, chickpeas, onion, dried cranberries and pecans. I dumped it in a saucepan and covered it with veggie broth and let it come to a simmer, then pureed it with my immersion blender. It made a lovely soup that I can enjoy for the next few days.
  • I think we're having chicken cordon bleu with brown rice - haven't thought of the veggies yet!
  • Hubby has requested a big pot of chili that he can eat on all week. Love it! Too easy!
  • dinner for me will be cottage cheese & a chef salad, everyone else will finish off the leftover chili ~

supper is pork chops & either steamed broccoli or green beans
  • Beef tenderloin cooked on the GF with steamed cauliflower.
  • For me tonight we're having baked swordfish, steamed broccoli, and a green salad.
  • Salsa chicken breast, baked sweet potato and broccoli with a wee salad of cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
  • i'm feeling lazy so decided to make bean soup
  • I eat light on yoga nights so it will be a cup of mushroom barley soup before and a Boca and salad after class. I love the old standard Molly Katzen Mushroom Barley soup recipe with lots of dill.
  • Crab cakes with tomato pizzas and a salad.
  • Taco Bake with Tortillas for the boys and some veggies for me!
  • I am not doing South Beach yet, need to go grocery shopping. However, I am thinking about making the Curried Carrot Soup but I don't have any celery so not sure if I am going to go ahead with it or not.
  • Turkey Swedish meatballs over sauteed cabbage. Not sure how this will go over with the family, but I am really looking forward to it!
  • In the crockpot today I'm cooking a carnitas stlye pork roast. We'll have that with black beans and a Mexican salad.

And I made cheesecake bites for dessert this week!

btw....the swordfish I made last night was really simple and tasty. Let me know if you're interested in the recipe.
  • last night I made Split pea soup Tonight Chicken Stirfry!