My first weekend

• Heading into my first weekend on the beach, and I am NERVOUS!!!

I went out to dinner with some friends tonight and did very well... we went to a place in Chinatown that has "shabu shabu," which is basically a hot pot of broth in which you cook your own veggies. It was PERFECT for SB... a ton of veggies and lean meat (and I gave all of my noodles away!).

What I'm really worried about it tomorrow... heading to Rutgers to watch the RU/Syracuse basketball game, and we're planning on grabbing dinner on campus. I don't know what kind of food to expect, and I know anything they have at the concession stand at the game will be off limits. I am really nervous that I will go and blow this whole week....

Wish me (and Syracuse) luck!!!!
  • Don't ruin a whole week's worth of hard work with one meal! Can you plan to take some snacks with you? I know it's tough to be caught out for a meal and not having control of what is around you. I hope you find an SBD friendly restaurant!

Good luck to you and Syracuse!
  • Can you do a little on-line research beforehand to see what to expect on campus? That might help.

Good Luck!

Go Orange!!
  • woo hoo, another Syracuse fan! Oh,and Maybe you can find a salad? I'd suggest bringing what you wan in your bag - string cheese, a baggie of nuts, etc. I lived in that sort of thing in airports when we went on a vacation early on. Good luck!