3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Is this Starbucks Frapuccino Allowed (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/160497-starbucks-frapuccino-allowed.html)

Pinay 01-06-2009 01:30 AM

Is this Starbucks Frapuccino Allowed

Just wondering? Starbucks offers a Light Vanilla Frapuccino consisting of Non Fat milk + Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup + Ice. No whip. Can i have this as my dessert?

Thanks!

cottagebythesea 01-06-2009 06:38 AM

Any nutritional data I can find on this shows that it has at least 26 grams of sugar in it and 140 calories, depending on the size. I'm not sure if they list it as made with sugar or not, but I would think if it's made with SF syrup that it would be OK.

jenne1017 01-06-2009 12:13 PM

Yes. I get this all the time. It's just regular coffee, sf syrup and FF milk with the ice.

SBD Sass 01-06-2009 12:58 PM

I'm back on P1 and I drink Starbucks skinny lattes with my meals or with my snack...I don't treat it as a dessert or full snack. It's full of protein. Is the Frap high in protein as well?

MISFIT 01-06-2009 01:01 PM

Nooo! Even the light frappuccino base is LOADED with fat and calories!

A skinny vanilla iced latte with 2 extra pumps of SF syrup is a better option, in my opinion.

SBD Sass 01-06-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISFIT (Post 2531900)
Nooo! Even the light frappuccino base is LOADED with fat and calories!

A skinny vanilla iced latte with 2 extra pumps of SF syrup is a better option, in my opinion.

Yep, the 2 shots is sugar-free and I don't ever get extras...and there is no fat in the skinny latte which is nice. There is a small amount of carbs in it though -- I believe about 24g in the venti cup (15g protein). Oh and it's 160 calories.

I looked up the Frap (all i could find was mocha lite in venti and large) and the venti brought back 210 calories, carbs 43g, fat 2g and protein 23.

Pinay 01-06-2009 10:18 PM

wait i think i phrased my question wrong. :) The drink only consists of Ice, Skim Milk and SF Vanilla Syrup. No Sugar, no coffee no whip :) I hope this is acceptable. Im considering it as my dessert.

lightfello 01-07-2009 12:51 AM

Frappucinos are made with a premixed base. I think you may be getting a different drink, it sounds more like an iced coffee minus the coffee. Just make sure you verify the ingredients of your drink before you order it.
HTH,

Pinay 01-07-2009 02:42 AM

ok thanks so much :) you may be right. I saw them making it. They just put NF milk, SF vanilla syrup and then blended it with Ice. I think its called Vanilla blended Cream. Its more like a nf sf milkshake hehe.

Even then, good thing i got a small one :)

Joni 01-07-2009 08:39 PM

mmm now i am thirsty for coffee lol....

baristamon 01-09-2009 08:49 PM

the stuff that starbucks uses to make their creme based frappuccinos is loaded with fat and calories. basically anything there with the word "frappuccino" is a big no no. stick to the iced lattes and iced coffees with sugar free syrup and skim milk. (the cream base is made from skim milk, mixed with a powder full of lots of bad stuff.) i guess the best frozen things they have are the vivannos, which have a sb friendly protein power, 1 whole banana, but the orange mango one has fruit juice, and the chocolate one has sugar in the mocha syrup. if i have to have one, i have them make it with skim milk, and only 1 pump of chocolate.