South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Thursday's Chick Chat!

Good morning my friends. A cup of coffee anyone? I have "Jamaican Me Crazy" from a local grower! It's awesome!

Anyway, so through December and November I went WAY off diet with foods at work... but somehow maintained at about 180, not gaining!

But this week I've gotten back on track. Now I just have to get out and walk despite the pain! These dogs are going stir crazy. I hope it's not freezing rain again today, yesterday's drive was terrible, and the dogs haven't been walked in a couple weeks. .

Work is very busy, There's so much to do and not enough time to do it, and they don't like overtime! At leastnot for the accounting department. But I'm having fun there.

Cody is now bigger than Jade.

So we have two new babies here at SB... Jessie? Zeph? How are they doing?

I WILL check in later! (Can't check in at work, it's blocked!)
Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Loriann, I'm drinking the last of my Polish coffee today. It's so good, I wonder why European coffee is so much richer than American?

Our weather was just dreadful yesterday, but today promises to be dry. The afternoon looks busy with a Dr. appointment for Audrey, and hoping to get her back to school in time for her Spanish club, and the repairman is coming to fix the dryer. I hope we get everything coordinated!

I've been dealing with tendonitis in my knee for the past month, but today it is feeling much better, finally!

Here's to a brand new day!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It will be just quick check-ins for me for a few days. Last night my desktop decided to stop working suddenly. I'm pretty sure it's either the power supply or motherboard but I can't fix either. I'm more of a software girl. Luckily I've got my laptop but it's not really intended for a lot of use and I don't spend as much time on it.

Lori - Our weather was horrid too. Sorry you had to go out in it but glad to hear you did okay. I hate driving on ice!

Cottage - Ouch! I hate knee problems. Hope it clears up soon>

We are rushing around this morning. DP is spending the day at an agency that interviewed her last week. We really hope this is the precursor to an offer She really likes the people, the job and the place has great benefits. Of course it would be a morning we have to shovel the cars out!
In the meantime my best friend is back to work but only half days and can't drive with one arm. I'm going to work half days at home so I can drive her home when she tires out. I'm hoping everything will be back to normal next week!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Lori - Good for you for maintaining! I hear ya about walking outside...not going to happen today, either.

Cottage - I'm drinking the end of my Folger's columbian (had a coupon), then it's back to wal-mart generic columbian. It's actually quite good! And, I'm a bit frugal . Hope your day goes well, sounds busy!

Cyndi - Hope DP does well! That's sweet of you to drive your friend .

Me - Today is a new day! Better go better than yesterday! Actually, DD only received the intranasal flu shot, she doesn't get all the shots til she's 5. It was almost anticlimatic! Gave her tylenol, candy and stuffed animal in the purse, etc. DS received 5 at this time...she only got one!

Today is hopefully boring at work!

Have a great day, and a great cup of coffee!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yippee! I slept until seven. It's just plain dumb to wake early in winter - summer is a different matter. Jazz is my new alarm clock.

Lori, I'm glad the new position is working out. It's good to be busy. My poor Doggage have not had walkies for ages either.

Cottage, let's hope for some decent driving. Sounds like you have a busy day but I know you will manage. Sorry about the tendonitis - I know all about sore knees!

Cyndi, you are a good friend! to DP in the new job interview. I'll come and hep you shovel if you want to wait seven hours.

Twynn, I hope your today is better than your yesterday. Euthanasia is so very sad but so necessary. I wish we could do it for humans in some terminal situations.

My lane is still not ploughed but I'm hoping Richard comes this morning. Donna is coming to clean and will have to park on the road. My darling Focus has snow tires so I can easily get in and out although I have no place I need to go today. There is a major sale on in a nearby touristy town but I guess it'll still be on tomorrow.

My weight seems stuck since Christmas. I think it is pondering whether or not to leave!

Happy Thursday, Beachies, and keep on truckin'.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #6  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all i'm in a cranky mood and my fifteen year old is not helping...looks like i will be running her to school thats if i don't kill her first.....uggg. pray for me
Old 01-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Loriann glad to hear work is going well, busy is good.

Cottage be safe out there today.

Cyndi saying a quick prayer for DP that today goes well.

Ruth I seem to be stuck too, where is that woosh fairy???

me4life seems lately its been DD waiting with purse in hand for me going "come on mom!"

Me not much to report really. It's cold but they say we might see the sun today! That would be a welcome sight!

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #8  

I need to go fix myself some tea before work gets crazy. I've got my mammogram around lunchtime today. Tonight is Cub Scout Roundtable and that is always fun. I don't have a big role tonight, just work registration and sell Roundtable books, lead a song, help run the Wolf/Bear breakout session and give the Commissioner's Minute at the end. The theme is ABCs so I'm bringing an afghan I crocheted that has the alphabet worked into it. I made it for Brian when I was pregnant with him. Roundtable is so much fun!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Can you believe it's Thursday already?!

Lori: Thanks for getting us started and getting the coffee going! I really needed a cuppa this morning. I hope that you have a great day and that you and the dogs can get back to walking soon. Is there someone that can take them if you're in too much pain?

Cottage: Sorry about your knee. Those little aches and pains really build up, don't they? I'm glad it seems to be improving. I can honestly say that I've never tried anything besides Folger's. I wish I could branch out, but Jason has strangely strong feelings about domestic coffee. Maybe I could sneak a small bag in and hide it...any suggestions?

Cyndi: Fingers crossed for DP! Let us know how it goes! I hope you have a great day at work. Your friend is lucky to have you to get her home from work.

Twynn: I'm glad DD's shot wasn't too traumatic. That's got too be nice. I hope you have a MUCH better day today than you had yesterday.

Ruth: I'm sure you'll get the weight ticker moving again! Enjoy your day and I hope both Richard and Donna make it out today!

me4life: Sending up some prayers for you! Have a great day!

Me: Jason and I just did not want to get up this morning. I finally crawled out of bed about 20 minutes late, but I rushed through getting ready and am now right on schedule.

Things were a bit stressful here last night. I made a bit of a budgeting error (was a little too optimistic on cutting the grocery money for the month) and we're going to run out of grocery money before I get paid on the 15th. Luckily, we're sending quite a bit over the minimum on my student loans, so we'll just readjust that and be able to eat. Thank goodness that bill isn't due until the 28th of the month. Otherwise, I probably would have sent it out already!!! Phew!

Well, off to do the dishes and then off to work! I hope everyone to come has a great Thursday!

~Kim
Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Seems I have come down with a cold bug which dh says was brough on by stress of the adoption - I swear it's like buying a house all over again.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Thursday!
Lori - Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new job. I hope you're able to get out and walk today!

Cottage - Sounds like you've got some scheduling chaos. I hope everything gets done in a timely manner. Good luck with that!

Cyndi - I really hope DP gets the position. I know you've been working so hard to get her better, I hope it pays off now and she's offered a position.

Twynn - I hope that today is so much better for you. Here's to a quiet day!

Ruth - Good for you, sleeping in! Here's hoping that you're able to get your road plowed today. Maybe you'll find some motivation to get out for a while.

me4life - I hope your mood improves....nothings worse than an cranky teenager!

Stephanie - I hope the sun makes an appearance for you today!

Barb - You're so funny, you share that you don't have a lot to do with tonight's meeting, then you list off this long list. I'm sure they're all little things.....it just makes me giggle. Good luck with the mammogram today!

Kim - Good job getting through your morning routine and being on time....despite waking up late.

Gonnabe - Feel better!!!

Me - Tonight we're headed over to friends to play poker. It'll be a shorter night than we usually have with them, but for now it's what fits in our schedule. I'm a bit angry with myself, I really fell off the wagon between Thanksgiving and Christmas and now I'm paying for it. I get frustrated because it's so hard at times. I so much wish I could manage my weight better. It gets exhausting making conscious decisions about what I eat and how I eat all the time. But enough sulking.....I'm back and will be fine, I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.
Have a great Thursday, ladies! BLESSINGS!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #12  
Doing Prevention Videos!

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies!

I had my one cup of Senseo Medium Roast and am working at home.

My 10 month old got up early and is playing on the floor

So the food part is not bad since I have done this before but I need to find time to workout! I know I will!

Have a great day!!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

You know, I think I am changing careers, I want to be a weather forecaster. Seriously is there any other job out there where you can be wrong so often and not have to pay the piper? I'm sure the sun is shining somewhere, but it is snowing here, pretty sure I didn't hear anything about snow until Saturday. This is Thursday right?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

morning girls.

lori- connor is doing well and is a very easy baby so far.

-
yesterday i tried really hard to change my focus regarding my mom from being annoyed at all of the things she was doing wrong to seeing all of the things she did right and all of the help she was giving us. it really seemed to help. i also apologized to her for being crabby which seemed to make her feel better. Now if i can just keep it up
Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Steph - So sorry that you have snow!!!! Bummer!
Closed Thread