Peanut Butter

• I read the back of my peanut butter jar. It's definitely NOT what I should be eating. Luckily, I don't eat it much, but hubby eats lots. Do any of you make homemade peanut butter? I'd love to make some with healthy ingredients.
  • You can buy PB that's just peanuts and can also make your own. Here's a recipe.
  • Do you think that's dry roasted peanuts?
  • Yes.
  • I watched a lady make fresh almond butter yesterday at a farmer's market. She used a special nut grinder, but just used nuts (cashews, almonds or peanuts), no other added oil. It's delicious.
  • I buy smuckers natural peanut butter. the ingredients are peanuts and salt
  • If I can't figure out how to make it -- and make it yummy -- I'll get the natural pb. The jarred pb at my house has sugar listed as the 2nd ingredient. I wonder if homemade pb can have a little splenda in it?
  • I LOVE natural PB. I don't think you would even miss the sugar.
  • I have heard of people mixing Splenda into natural peanut butter. I used to use the Smuckers but my grocery store has an organic one that is cheaper and is also just ground up nuts and sea salt. It is work to mix but once I do that and put it in the fridge, it is so good.
  • Tomorrow my son has one more day of vacation (don't know why???), so he and I are going to 'big town' (Birmingham) and will look in a big grocery store for SBD and peanut butter options.