3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Cold Canadian starting SBD for round 2! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/160206-cold-canadian-starting-sbd-round-2-a.html)

cgirl21 01-04-2009 12:48 AM

Cold Canadian starting SBD for round 2!

Hey all Beach Chicks!

I’m a 27 year old, living alone in chilly Canada. I had a VERY successful run on SBD 3 years ago (50 lbs lost at the best point, within approximately 8 months). I was amazingly lucky to generally maintain that weight loss for 2+ years without sticking OP, mostly because my lifestyle was SO completely OFF-plan before the introduction of SBD.

Now, I’ve re-gained around half of the lost weight, which has frightened me back into the SB lifestyle. I’m not looking for 100% Dr. A perfection, but just the re-introduction of a healthier lifestyle. I mainly lurked here during my first run, but this time I think I will benefit greatly from the accountability that can be gained from these forums!

I think my main challenges this time around will be 1) alcohol consumption (although I have become very talented at making diet/low sugar mixes!), and 2) the fact that I am living alone, working full time, and generally just have no one in the household to help with my accountability! Which is where the forum comes in…;)

I gained a great understanding of the fundamentals from reading Dr. A’s books 3 years ago, and although I don’t have the “Supercharged” version, the remainder of my information I have already picked up from these forums. My intention is to restart the Plan on Monday in P1, and see how it goes. I would love to be able to perform the full-on detox period, but if I can nix these cravings before those 2 weeks, I’d be more than happy to be back into a strict P2 lifestyle again! I would love to see a loss of 20-30lbs before Summer really lands on us again!

Looking forward to getting to know the Fat Chicks on the Beach.

Cheers!

Ruthxxx 01-04-2009 06:30 AM

:welcome: It's great to see another Canadian, especially one from Ottawa, my home town. I'm in the Rideau Lakes so we can freeze together.

Good luck in reaching your goal weight but rely on skill and planning instead of luck. There's lots of support on this Forum.

cottagebythesea 01-04-2009 07:33 AM

:welcome3: cgirl21! I look forward to getting to know you!

ozziesgirl 01-04-2009 07:55 AM

Welcome to a fellow Canadian! I live in the maritimes but was born in Toronto. Good luck with phase 1. I just finished one week and I feel great. This is my third time on phase one.

Much luck to you!

canadianwoman 01-04-2009 10:37 AM

Welcome from me too...a former Torontonian now living west of Lake Ontario.

baristamon 01-04-2009 11:06 AM

Welcome! I totally agree with using this site for accountability! I'm home alone (with my 2 yr.old) a lot, and there's no one here to tell me, "Don't EAT THAT!!" Its nice to have a forum like this to confess your slip-ups, and congratulate your accomplishments (aka toot your own horn! :) )

river 01-04-2009 11:49 AM

Hello, fellow Canadian here! Looking forward to getting to know you better (and complaining about the cold together!- I don't miss Ontario weather) :)

murphmitch 01-04-2009 03:25 PM

Welcome to the SB forum. Glad you're back on the beach! :welcome2:

cgirl21 01-05-2009 07:16 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes! Looking forward to chatting with you all!