South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post

Cottage - Sounds like a busy day at your house too. I thought Italians had to leave everything up until 1/6?! My Grandma always called that Little Christmas and we got little presents and had a special dinner. I brought my daughter up with that too though we really don't do anything with it anymore.
When the kids were still at home, we'd leave the tree up until Epiphany, but I usually take everything down now on the 1st. I think we're going to wait until New Year's day again this year, too, since neither one of us in the the mood. Good luck with your car.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #32  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

cottage, I think our family is the only one of many of our friends that even knows what Epiphany is let alone celebrates it. We leave everything up until the 6th. I was wanting to take it down before but I thought I would leave it up until Epiphany because my mom is going to be down and I know that she will want to celebrate.

Good thing the tree preservative that we used worked! Our tree still looks really great and will definitely last until the 6th. My SIL offered to come and take down all of our Christmas decor for me.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Zeff, I've been wondering what it is that little Calvin is holding? If you lived further north, I'd think it was snowballs!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #34  
beachin'

haha. He got an alphabet magnet set for Christmas - he is showing them to the camera....but he hasn't quite grasped the concept of actually SHOWING them to the camera. He just holds them up. Ah well....
Old 12-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #35  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Zeff - in case I don't get a chance to pop back in later, GOOD LUCK tomorrow!! I'll be thinking of you and I can't wait to see baby pictures!!
Hopefully everything works out with your babysitting arrangements. Your new avitar pic is also cute!! (By the way, I thought he was holding up Christmas cookies in the last pic!)

I am going back to phase 1 tomorrow for a few days, maybe the entire week. I need to kick the bad habits I picked up these last few weeks!! I have my grocery list made, I'll be heading out to the store shortly. I have a lot of food prep to do when I get back, trying to make it as easy as possible the next few days. SO GLAD I kept my food journals. It was easy to look back and see exactly what I was eating those first 2 weeks.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 12-28-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #36  
beachin'

Jen - thanks. Good luck with your Phase 1 endeavor. Keeping your food journals was a great idea....I wish I had done the same.

-
Got a chance to clean my bathroom floor and get up all of the grout dust. It looks really nice and it will be even nicer not to have little gray footprints all over the house
Old 12-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #37  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

hey all i'm having a rough day and not sure how it will affect me starting on the first but i have to do some planning
Old 12-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #38  
beachin'

me4life - I hope whatever it is gets better and that you are just as motivated as you were a week ago come the first.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #39  

Zeff Since you will be in the hospital for a few days.... is your DH comfortable updating us at some point tomorrow???? I will be praying for you and your family.

Me4Life DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!! There are not many things we can control on a daily basis, but you can control your diet and exercise.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #40  
no longer single

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
me4life - I hope whatever it is gets better and that you are just as motivated as you were a week ago come the first.
oh i'm motivated if not more so, but money is the issue at the moment
Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #41  
beachin'

Money is a big issue for a lot of people at the moment, unfortunately. I hope things get better for you. This diet is a lot easier to handle financially if you plan ahead!

Old 12-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #42  
no longer single

to make a long story short i broke up with my bf and along with it a cut to the finances...but i consider it worth it if only to save my sanity
Old 12-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #43  

I am truly heartbroken, ladies. I had grown to love Max so much. I didn't mind sharing him with Don because I'd see him quite a bit but I got a call from the animal shelter today and Max's owner showed up looking for him. I guess they thought the shelter was closed longer for the holidays and she didn't show up sooner. When she did have someone come to look for him it was the day they were fixing him so he wasn't on display (although she could have asked). She did get her two pit bulls that were still there. They told me I didn't have to give him up to her but I talked to her for awhile and am convinced she loves him. She did reimburse me for the adoption fee and for the food that Don and I bought for him. But I'm really going to miss him. I knew there had to be a bad side to him and I just couldn't find it. I guess the fact that I couldn't keep him was the downside.

On the positive side, Don brought his trailer and we loaded up Robert's stuff and took it over to the storage unit and got it all put up. It took hours. I promised him dinner for helping me so we're going out for steak tomorrow night after he gets off work.

It's going to be quiet tonight with Max gone and Brian at Winter Camp.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #44  
beachin'

Barb - I'm so sorry to hear that. It is unusual that they would have released the dog for adoption so quickly after bringing it in. How long had it been at the shelter?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #45  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4life View Post
oh i'm motivated if not more so, but money is the issue at the moment
I honestly didn't notice a huge increase in my food bill when I started this. Frozen veggies are cheap, beans are cheap. Lots of the soup recipes on this site go a long way, so you can make a batch on the weekend and have lunch everyday of the week from it.

Hopefully you can work it out! SB was the best decision for me. I finally found the key to losing weight! Also my energy level is so much more even now and I feel great as a result of healthy eating. Makes me a SB believer!!

Good luck to you!

Barb - I feel for you! Wish things had a different outcome.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 12-28-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Closed Thread