3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Friday Fun Time! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/158448-friday-fun-time.html)

Loriann7 12-12-2008 05:51 AM

Friday Fun Time!

Wake up one and all! IIIITTTTT''''SSSSSS FFFFFRRRIIIDDDAAAYYYY!!!!!!!@

Good Morning. Sitting down to a cup of coffee after shoveling four inches of snow for two driveways and sidewalks! I'm adding this to my work out minutes! The dishes are done and I have ten mins before getting my shower to move on to work!

How've you all been? I've been so busy no time to think! ok, other than at work! Ah, but it's fun. For the first time I'm starting to see how I will be able to get everything on my desk done. Before I was thinking "Theres now way!" lol. Of course, Ann hasn't handed me everything yet! This week I've been working on qtly taxes... in a week or so I believe she's handing me the other side to payroll, reporting certified to the state!!! a lot involved with that. I'd say about 75 % or more of my job is payroll.

OK, you all don't want to hear about that..... let's see, while I was shoveling, there was cody, chasing every shovel full of snow! So of course I couldn't refuse to bury him in a few piles! He loved it and is now fast asleep at my feet!

I put them on Taste of the Wild... lets just say Jade's eating more now than ever... I swear that girl loves this stuff! better than canned!!!!!!!!!! With Bison meat and Venison... who can blame her? hey, perhaps if I ate that I'd lose this gosh darned weight!

Tomorrow is the company Xmas party... I'm thinking to blow it off.... they all tell me it's a great time... but I don't know these people and I have no one to go with me. ah, but I'll go... my only chance to get to know them outside of the work walls! Besides, it's also a retirement party for the two owners that are retireing and passing it down to one of their sons. Rich and Jim (brothers) don't suspect a retirement party at all.

OK< I just reread my post and boy, I'm just rambling... on to my shower!

Have a great, fun filled day!

cottagebythesea 12-12-2008 06:44 AM

:coffee: Good TGIF morning!

LORIANNE, you sound full of vim and vigor this morning! It sounds like you've gotten all your bumps and glitches smoothed out. :) I'm glad you're going to the Christmas/retirement party tomorrow. It'll do you good to get out, and you'll get to know your co-workers better, too. I hope you have a great time!

The rain has been hammering us for the past two days, and I can still hear it pouring down. I guess it's better than snow, we'd be buried under a blizzard by now! Although it would look pretty, and I'd get to stay home. ;)
I'm getting some laundry done this morning, and Jake has promised to clean the house since he has a vacation day today. I don't trust him with the laundry, though, LOL! I've been putting in some loooooong days, so hopefully I'll be able to knock off early this afternoon. :crossed:
Tomorrow, I've invited Amber over to help me bake cookies! :chef:

Ruthxxx 12-12-2008 07:16 AM

:cry: Cottage, I want grandkids to come over to bake cookies. I may have to kidnap some poor little kid when they get off the schoolbus down at the corner. I'm glad Jake is cleaning for you today and you are wise to not let him do laundry.

Lori, aren't dogs a riot?!? :) My two are thoroughly enjoying the snow. Aren't we lucky to live where we get lake effect crap - I mean snow. I still don't have a plough guy so will be shovelling again today. :shrug:

I've had 1½ horrible days in a row this week plus a pretty bad Monday and am working hard to make today a good one. I still can't find the third leg for my tree stand but will improvise and get that up today. The outdoor lights are still in the barn but Rob and I may do them this weekend. I'm spending a lot of time socializing with people (and my dogs) which is more important than the lights, right? :)

So today I'll finish wrapping the last three gifts, resolve the tree stand problem and maybe get an outside arrangement together for the side step. Three things to do and two of them are fun. That's pretty good! I hope your day is at least 2/3 fun today!

TGIF but time is going too fast! :cofdate:

Pacergal29 12-12-2008 08:44 AM

Loriann Good to see you back. Glad to hear things are starting to fall in place at your job. Have fun at the party.

Cottage we are having a baking day this weekend too. Have fun and hope you get an early day today.

Ruth must be the year for lost tree stands, I was missing one for the little tree and had to fashion one out of a planter I had, I think it looks better that way anyway. Enjoy your day.

Not much on tap today but work and maybe an outing afterwards. I would love to goto Linens & Things, they are going out of business and everything is now 50-70% off. I am sure they are pretty picked over but you never know what I might find that normally I wouldn't give a second glance at at full price.

Oh yeah it's my birthday, shhhhhhhh, I am not 40 I am 30-10. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Have a great day chicks!

zeffryn 12-12-2008 08:45 AM

Morning, girls,

I have an OB appt. this morning and can't stay long. I'll be back later to catch up with everyone.

I do have to say that Cottage is one lucky woman - how did you train your husband to clean the house...and does he do it well? ;)

Ruthie - you can borrow my son for a few days. He's a great baker....and eater. He'll eat half the Christmas cookies before you even know what hit you :)

Lori - I miss my dog playing in the snow. I bet they are having a great time!! Enjoy your party tomorrow night :) I miss our little chats now that you are working so much - it's a good thing, though!

GONNABE165 12-12-2008 08:49 AM

It's Friday and dh and I are heading otu of town for the weekend.

Ruth :hug:

Lorianne enjoy your party

Cottage i can smell those cookies already

:bday2you: Stephanie

In case I don't get back before we leave I just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend.

Thighs Be Gone 12-12-2008 08:49 AM

Good Morning, I hope you all don't mind me posting again. Yesterday I raked the yard and today I have cram all that stuff in lawn bags so it will be hauled away. I also have to finish the house because we have a little cookie decorating party this afternoon. I almost made the shape cookies myself but thought better of it calorie wise. So, I ordered shape cookies (undecorated) from a local bakery and ordered JUST ENOUGH so each girl can have two. That way, there will be none left for me!

Thighs Be Gone 12-12-2008 08:50 AM

Happy Bday Pace!

cottagebythesea 12-12-2008 09:16 AM

:bday2: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEPHANIE! I hope you have a very happy, special day in store for you today! Good luck if you go to Linens & Things. The one near us has had empty shelves since they announced they were closing a month ago.

ZEFF, let us know the lastest news from the OB appt. I know you're getting close! One thing that Jake does better than me is clean the house. He really takes the time to do a thorough job, whereas my goal is to just get it done as quickly as possible!

THIGHS BE GONE, you're always welcome here! That's a good idea of just ordering enough cookies to make the kids happy. But everyone in my family has their favorite cookie that they look forward to at Christmas, so I'll be baking several different kinds tomorrow.

Kim_Star060404 12-12-2008 09:52 AM

Good morning, everyone!

Lori: :hug: I'm so glad that things are really coming together for you at work. I think it's a great idea for you to go to the work party. I usually want to bail on ours as well, but it really is a great time to get to know everyone else and, to me, that makes working with them easier. Enjoy your day!

Cottage: How nice of Jake to clean the house for you. Jason always tells me that he'll do the laundry, but he's going to throw everything in the washer together. :yikes: Enjoy your rainy day!

Ruth: Yes, you're right. Spending time with others is so much more important than Christmas lights. Have a great day! That quilt yesterday was lovely!

Stephanie: Happy, happy 30-10th Birthday!!! :carrot: Enjoy your day and good luck at Linens N Things! I'm sure if you're able to find something, it'll be a steal.

Zeffryn: Have a good appt. and a great day!

Thighs Be Gone: We're glad you're posting here! Please keep coming around! :hug: I agree with Cottage, buying only enough cookies for the girls is a really smart thing. Maybe we'll do that for the family next year.

Gonna: Hey m'dear! Enjoy your weekend away with DH!!!

Me: Well, I am finally starting to feel normal again. I'm hoping the shift back to my usual, not-so-attached self will stick. I'm still anxious about leaving Sunday, but I don't feel like it's over-the-top anxiety. That is such a relief and blessing.

DH and I ended up buying a live tree last week (I picked it out while he was out of town and he picked it up while I was out of town). Well, after searching high and low, we were unable to find a base tray for it. So, we're just going to go ahead and plant it this weekend. The only decorations we have up this year are our outside lights, a Christmas cake stand my mom made, a nutcracker and a snowman container. It's a little sad for me, but I understand that it really wasn't worth it since we'll be gone. Next year, the decor will be up in full force and out early!

Well, I'm off to get my second to last day of office time out of the way. I hope you all have a great Friday!

GONNABE165 12-12-2008 09:58 AM

Kim I am so glad to hear your feeling better :)

sophie 12-12-2008 10:34 AM

Loriann - I love watching doggies play in the snow. You sound much more relaxed. Have fun at the Christmas party.
Cottage - Hubby cleaning house sounds good. I don't think Steve knows how to turn on the washing machine. Cookies with grandkids, what a dream.
Ruth - socialize all you can, people remember that more than cookies.
Stephanie, Happy Birthday. I like that 30-10
Zeff - you must be getting anxious to have the baby.
ThighsbeGone - have fun decorating the cookies and good planning.
Gonnabe - wow, a weekend away from home. Sounds good. I love them.
Kim - your tree sounds lovely and next year is always around the corner.

No plans for the weekend, this week went down the tubes as far as SB goes. I just didn't feel like cooking for one. I am planning to decorate the house a little, put on the outside lights but no tree this year. I will buy a big poinsetta and everyone can put their gifts underneath it.
Sophie

Pearlrose 12-12-2008 11:29 AM

Good morning everyone,

Happy Birthday Stephanie, I hope you have a great day.

I have been busy already this morning, took DD2 to the Dentist and now am running reports for a project I am starting.

Tonight both DD have birthday parties and DS is working so busy tonight.

Have a great day everyone

jenne1017 12-12-2008 12:24 PM

good Friday morning too ya all!

Lori--we got about 4 inches too. OF RAIN. p00p!

Cottage -- thanks for the WB :) We're overtaken by rain here too!

Ruth -- it's Friday. It *has* to get better, no???

Pacer -- have fun at L&T! And Happy Day! :carrot:

Zeff -- good lukc at your appt!

ThighsbeGone -- wanna come do our year? We've got 100 year old leaves here in the yard as I think it was the last time it was raked (we moved to this house 10 months ago).

Have a great weekend Gonnabe!

No tree stand Kim? That's preposterous! This way the tree can give back year after year...ahhh oxygen!

Sophie -- hope the week gets better!

Pearl -- have a good weekend!

Gosh I forgot how long these get!

DW and I are having a party tomorrow (hence why i am not starting Ph1 until Sun). We don't have the money to throw a usually soiree so it's just drinks and dessert. Tomorrow will be cleaning day (though it won't be THAT bad as MIL left Monday and we had cleaned spotless for her) and gift wrapping day. DW has a final to take so I will be able to make the tree look all pretty with her gifts around it!

The Sunday will be shopping (and Day 1 Phase 1 for me) for last minute gifts (we go to NY the following weekend) and luckily, Monday is my day off! I will need to relax!

Have a good weekend!

Kim_Star060404 12-12-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenne1017 (Post 2494301)

No tree stand Kim? That's preposterous! This way the tree can give back year after year...ahhh oxygen!

Oh no, no jenne! Lol! We bought the tree live for the purpose of replanting it after Christmas. They give you a big pot with drainage holes to put it in, but it didn't have a tray to put that into. So, we were trying to find a tray of some sort to protect our wood floors, but our tiny little town has nothing of the sort. (The pot is 3 ft in diameter). So, we're foregoing using it as a Christmas tree and just planting it.