South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default New Month, New Week Dec. 1 Chat

Good Morning all... it's a new work week, it's a new month! Who's with me on trying to lose gained poundage? GGRRRRRR

So my sis came over Sat, as I mentioned in the weekend thread, but I failed to share she tried stealing Cody on me! my puppy would of gone too! but then she went to her car, and he backed away, and came running home!
Cody seems to be getting over his fear of the car... yesterday to leave to go to the park, he jumped right in after Jade. After our hike he jumped in the car BEFORE Jade did. Only, during the ride home I looked back to see Jade in the corner, her but up against the door and her two from paws at the edge of the seat, with Cody fast asleep sprawled across the entire back seat and his head between Jade's legs. Poor Jade couldn't move an inch!

Will try to do daily's later. I do miss you guys. I miss the conversations. Today we are working on month end, and I have payroll. This week will be a busy one! But I like busy, keeps me from boredom eating.

later.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're into December already! With our late Thanksgiving this year, it's really throwing me off.

Thanks for getting us started this morning, LORI! Those dogs of yours sound like quite a pair! I hope your day dealing with the payroll goes without any glitches!

I'm sitting here at the kitchen table looking outside at the gorgeous dawn that is breaking. I'm glad all the rain has moved out, and it's supposed to be a clear and mild 49* today. Yesterday was just miserable, but we kept it cheery in here with the Christmas trees lit all day. Little Tyler toddled over to the tree and just stood there and looked at it in awe for a few minutes. He did try to reach for an ornament, but we told him "no touching!", and he didn't bother it after that.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, Early Beachers. Yes, it seems right to have a new month and a new week start at the same time. I wonder who we should talk to to get that implemented for every month.

This is going to be a rough month for many of us with busy-ness and food temptations. I have regained most of my weight and am going to have to be really careful as I have only three weeks until I go away!

Today we have horror-show weather predicted but I don't need to go out. I'll be wrapping some gifts for mailing and may venture to the P.O. later on. I hope to get my wee Christmas tree - my "bling" tree - up today and already have Christmas music on. I won't be here for Christmas week but my Christmas goes on until January 6 and I find decorations uplifting. I do have some entertaining planned and need to look Christmassy, right?

Wishing everyone a calm and productive Monday!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Lori - hope all goes well today! I bet Cody and Jade are a pair!

Cottage- Sounds like a beautiful day...enjoy!

Ruth - I LOVE wrapping presents! Have fun!

Me - I'm sitting here in a hotel room while the rest of my family is sleeping. Left the in-laws yesterday (they have dial up, so I didn't even attempt this web site!), get home this afternoon. Decided to stop at a hotel half way, makes the trip soooo much more pleasant, esp. driving on I-95!

I was B-A-D with dessert, and it was awesome! We'll see what the scale says, but I'm not really worried about it....easy to stay on plan at home. I'm looking forward to making some of my soups this week!

It's a bit rough staying with the in-laws, so my DH and I are looking forward to getting back to some normalcy!

Have a great day!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

It SNOWED. And we still have so much crap to put away that my car is in the driveway instead of in the garage. I'm just whining. I hate snow!!!!! Brrrrr!!!!!

Big day at work today. Lots of stuff to do since I've been gone since Tuesday. Hopefully no conference call so I can get stuff done. Then I have a MK meeting at 6 tonight. Oy!

Time for tea and to get my butt moving! Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #6  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

I have no time this morning. We got in late last night from a weekend trip wine tasting. SO MUCH FUN! However, I've got a crazy day at work today....and possibly for the rest of the week. I will do my best to stop by and say hi. Know that I'd love to stay longer.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Have a fantastic Monday!!!!
BLESSINGS!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning girls! Sounds like everyone has good and busy weeks planned. Enjoy them!

SIL and family are headed back to Idaho this evening. We're planning to meet them for one final goodbye this afternoon after DH gets off of work.

DH has been studying for his LSAT test which he takes Dec. 6 - I can't believe it is only 1 week away. I can't understand why he isn't freaking out. He has only done a few practice tests so far - he doesn't seem worried about it at all. We're complete opposites when it comes to school - I had to work my butt off to get the grades, he just slacked through college and grad school and has had an almost perfect GPA

His graduation is Dec. 20 - just a few days after baby is born. We applied for a handicapped spot as I'm pretty sure I'm going to be needing a wheelchair after just having had a c-section. There is still talk of moving my section date, so I guess we'll see.

Well, off to grab some breakfast and peruse some cyber Monday sales.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, all! I had a student waiting for me, so I'm already behind! Hope all our US chickies had a great holiday--we got a ton done at our house, but didn't spend much time relaxing together, so I'm of two minds about the weekend.

Yay for your tree, Ruth! We are always gone at Christmas, so we put our tree up as soon as we can after Thanksgiving. It makes our lives so much more cheery. Plus we have a party every year and that gives us extra incentive.

Here's to a wonderful month full of healthy decisions! : A little just for luck.

Last edited by beachgal; 12-01-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #9  

I'm back working again today but I decided to work from home and then I'll go in to the office the rest of the week. I've got a lot to catch up on and I lose more than an hour if I drive in.

I made Baked Turkey Chimichangas last night with leftover turkey, salsa and cheese. We both really liked them. I'm glad I bought such a big bird since we are getting a lot of meals out of it.

We got the yard art up last night and the floodlights on them. We still need to put up the lights that line the walkway but those won't take very long. I found 7 more boxes of Robert's stuff with the Christmas stuff. I think I'll just start a pile in the garage like the one in the spare bedroom.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning all - I'm settled in at work with my first work cup of coffee (when it comes to coffee I am a very bad SBDer and that's never going to change).

Lori - I miss you in the mornings! Sounds like a nice weekend with your Sis. Good luck getting through your busy week!

Cottage - We had the yucky weather overnight but it cleared up early enough to prevent me from getting a snow morning. Rats! Enjoy the nice weather and send a little my way

Ruth - My pants are tight this morning, not a good sign. We can kick each other all month Stay warm today!

Twynn - Hope the rest of the drive is smooth and quick. I made an acceptable and yet decadent dessert, then I ate too much of it. Time to increase the exercise!

Weezle - Same problem with our garage. I keep forgetting you don't live in Florida!

Heather - Wine tasting sounds like a lot of fun! I'm going to have to plan a trip this summer. Have a good Monday.

Zeff - Sounds like a busy month in your house! Hey, let us know if you find any great bargains out there, some of us are pretending to work (I hear some people are actually working too!) Hope you have a quiet, relaxing day.

Laurie - Nothing like starting the week behind I've got a ton to do because I'm only working 3 days this week and where am I but here. Oops!

It's going to be a crazy busy three days, especially if I keep slacking and reading 3FC DP has her second surgery Thursday so I'm off the end of the week. Today I've got a full day, 4 PM meeting and then I'm running out early to get to 6PM yoga. Tomorrow is another late day because we have 4 people out a conference so covering different meetings for folks. Wed. it will balance out because I have a massage scheduled on my way home.

Okay, I'm off to toss the sugar free chocolate in the trash. That stuff kills me and definitely increases my cravings so I need to get rid of it.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Thank God it's a new day, week and month cause after the few days I've had I need it.

Did get a cool Thanksgiving day gift auntagain.jpg I am gonna be an aunt again

Back to the bump and grind today
Old 12-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I really haven't seen the cyber monday deals that I expected to see. The best thing I've found so far was 40% off DVD sets (tv shows on DVD) and even that was limited to only two at discount price. I picked up Scrubs season 7 for DH and the Charlie Brown Holiday collection for DS.

Amazon has ok sales..nothing new from Friday that I can see. Some nice housewares and music/movie sales, though.

Old Navy has 20% off and free shipping online only - I got better deals on Friday.

I checked Best Buy, although we don't need anything as far as electronics go. I'm still on the fence about getting DH a blu-ray player for the bedroom. If I find a deal that just blows me away, I might. I passed up a sale at Amazon that I'm really kicking myself over.

I was thinking about buying a few things at Harry and David. They have a sale of 20% off an order of $100 or more - the sale was better on Friday at 25% off any order.

Anyway, like most Black Friday sales, I just haven't been impressed with many of the Cyber Monday deals this year. It seems like unless you're in the market for a huge television, you're just out of luck. I did find some good deals on toys, but nothing compared to previous years.
--
I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment today, but DH still doesn't have his car back so I'm going to have to reschedule. I sure hope the mechanic has it done soon. The mechanic took an extended vacation last week and didn't tell DH - pushing the day when he could pick the car up back another week! I'm sure he got an earful this morning.

Gonnabe, congrats! What a great way to announce the baby!

Last edited by zeffryn; 12-01-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Monday morning, everyone!

Lori: Thanks for the positive start-up to today's thread! That's the right attitude to have! What a cute story about Cody in the car. Poor Jade! I hope you're having a great Monday.

Cottage: I hope you're having a great Monday as well. This year is just rushing at us, isn't it? I just don't feel like I have time to breath! Your tree must be lovely and I have to admit that I'm jealous that you have it up already!

Ruth: As of right now, it looks like I will only be sleeping in my own house 11 nights in December and we have no plans to entertain, but we're still decorating. It just doesn't feel right without it! I hope the weather there isn't as "horror-show" as they're predicting. Stay warm!!

TwynnB: I'm glad you enjoyed your dessert and I'm glad you have a plan to get back on track at home! Travel safe the rest of the way!

Lisa: I'm jealous of your snow, but not of your having to get out and get going in it! I'd rather lay on the couch and watch Christmas movies when it snows!! Enjoy your day and I hope you're able to get everything done!

, Heather! Have a great day!

Zeffryn: What a shame about DH's car...I hope he does give the mechanic an earful! Good luck to DH on his LSAT; I bet you're more worried than he is! I hope you have a nice day!

Thanks for the dust, Laurie! I'll be needing it this week! I hope you have a great day and have a relaxing evening planned to make up for this weekend.

Barb: Enjoy your day of working from home! I'm hoping we get the yard lights and art up this year, but I doubt it. I hope you have a great day!

Cyndi: You have a busy week planned! I'm glad you scheduled the massage in there; I'm sure you'll need it come Wed. Good luck to DP on her surgery! Keep us updated!

Gonna: Congratulations on being an aunt again! I hope you have a great day!

Me: I can't believe it's Dec. 1 already! I'm going to go crazy! DH, the dogs and I arrived at our house at about 4 pm yesterday and I promptly started unpacking, doing laundry and repacking. Myself, my boss and two coworkers are leaving tomorrow for a conference in Frisco, TX and won't be home until Saturday late at night. I'm not looking forward to 10 hours in the car after 7 hours in the car yesterday, but I guess I'll have to deal with it, right?

Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL and I hope to blog about it soon. I just don't know if I'm going to have decent internet this week, but we'll see. The hotel offers it, but I don't know what the fee will be. It's probably $10 a day, so I'll most likely only have it one or two days while we're gone.

Well, off to get some paperwork in. I'll only be in the office 7 days the entire month of December, so I really should be making the most of it!!!

~Kim
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, sounds like everyone is doing good.

Have a great day
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #15  

Kim - I work in Plano (almost in Frisco since that is where the closest lunch places are). Let me know if you have any free time at lunch and want to try to get together. Or dinner would work on Wed - Friday if you want to come to my house and let me cook. PM me if you are interested.

Me - They did job cuts again at work today. One from my team and another from another team in my group. Both people were from the US. My team now has two from Canada, one from California, I'm in Texas and 15 from India. My team leader is in Michigan. It's depressing.
Closed Thread