South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/234/165

Height: 5'10"

Default Ok...now what do I do?

I did P1 for two weeks and then did P2 for one week and then Thanksgiving came! I ate dessert on Thanksgiving. Then on Friday I ate more dessert. Saturday....the same thing. Sunday...well, you see my pattern. Tomorrow is Monday and I want to go back to the beach! Do I start again on P1 for two more weeks. or maybe one week? I am having trouble with sugar cravings, even though I have gotten rid of it all in the house.
You know, four days of eating sugar and my back pains and stiffness has come back. Not good.
Thank you!
TripMom
Old 11-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #2  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Since you're having cravings, I'd go back to phase I. Just my opinion. And you're not alone
Old 11-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7.5"

Just so you know your REALLY REALLY not alone, I agree with going back to Phase1...and don't beat yourself up over it either.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yep, the thing to do when you start experience cravings again is to go back to Phase 1 for a few days. You don't have to do a full two weeks, usually 3 or 4 days should get those cravings back under control. Good for you for climbing right back up on the wagon again!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage is totally right, TripMom. After the first 2 weeks of Phase 1, you shouldn't have to do that long of a stretch again. If you go off plan, just do P1 until the cravings go away (usually 3-5 days, as Cottage said).

Falling off the wagon during the holidays is certainly something most of us have experienced, TripMom. It's certainly understandable, but it's not the best way to stay healthy or attain our goals. Therefore, it makes sense to ask ourselves why we fell off the wagon and what we can do to keep it from happening again in the future (i.e. Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa, etc.).

Did you plan to eat the dessert on Thursday? Why did you eat it again on Friday? How could you avoid that happening again next time? Could you have made an SBD-safe dessert instead? How about this tart (I make this every year and it's amazing!) or this cake (which is good for even a normal weeknight)?

I think you'll find inspiration and advice in the December Accountability Thread
Closed Thread