South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:53 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Monday's chick chat

good morning all, grab a cup of coffee and sit on down... .. and share with us your day..

Me, just got back from walking the dogs... and getting ready to go to work. I told the boss on Friday that I truly would like a stab at payroll without her hovering over me... but I do want her to verify I have all the jobs I need to coded right. It's quite painstaking, especially when half the jobs are certified! One of the girls took vacation this week to go to disneyworld, so things will be quite interesting this week.

Other than that, not much going on... was slight depressed from being lonely yesterday... but I got over it. I hate being an old spinster sometimes!

Anyway, Schmoodle and Kara, so glad to hear the DH's are coming home!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Wow I must be really early this morning. Got in from the a.m. walk with the motivator shaved 2 minutes off of the normal time!!

Good morning Loriann hope your day at work gives you a little more breathing space.

For me today it is day 4 of a 5 day weekend..I really need to concentrate on this house of ours! Goal for today is finish the laundry and PUT IT AWAY, empty kitchen sink, and finding the couch in the living room! Now it is written out and I have seen it lets see if it gets done. Off to make lunch for oldest DS and get him to the bus stop.

Hello everyone that is posting now and those to come have a great day and a safe one too.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Chickies,

My head cold hit me hard yesterday, and I've been sleeping ever since. I'm feeling a little bit better this morning, so that's a good sign.
I made Weezle's Refried Bean soup yesterday for supper, and it sure did hit the spot! I halved the recipe, though, using refried black beans and used one can of Rotel and one can of regular diced tomatoes. I like spicy, but those Rotel are too hot for me, and I even bought the milder version. I'm looking forward to a nice bowl of it for lunch today. It's a great head clearer!

The sun is shining brightly and it's looking to be a nice day!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Loriann - You're really getting into this moring hostess routine So glad to hear the job is going well and you are happy with your choice!

Phx - Seems like the house never gets caught up! Good luck with your chores.

Cottage - Take care of that cold. I know that it's not totally compliant but have you tried Emergen-C? We swear by it in my office and given how many kids pass through our office every year we've had some experience. It does contain fructose but really small amounts and works great for both prevention and speeding recovery. I sound like an ad

Just another Monday, dragging not manic (any survivors of the 80s out there?!). I do have a massage scheduled this afternoon finally. All my fingertips are numb and I've been getting headaches so need to make that a priority! Other than that it's all meetings and paperwork. What's on your list for the day?

Have a good day wherever you are and whatever your To Do list holds!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beachers. Managed to sleep until nearly seven this morning and feel very decadent.

Loriann, your new job sounds challenging. I hope your boss removes herself from your shoulder today. Learning is all about making mistakes and fixing them.

Sunflower, I hear you on the finishing jobs. My laundry frequently sits on top of the dryer or my dresser and it only takes a minute to put it away. You'd think I'd be more organized at my advanced age!

Cottage! Can you possibly stay in bed today and rest? Send me Cindy's phone number and I'll have a wee chat with her.

CyndiM, yes I remember the 80's! I sure don't miss meetings and paperwork. Do make time for that massage this afternoon, OK?

This morning - after coffee of course! - I'm off to town to get some backing for three quilts that are ready to be sent out for quilting. As soon as that's done, I can just bundle them up for the December meeting and focus on my own work. If I can ever get my camera to function again, I'll take some pictures. I just may have to find and read the HP Manual!

Tonight I have a Country Christmas meeting. Delta's Country Christmas takes place for four weeks starting the 22nd. The Park is lit up with lights on the trees and Mr & Mrs Santa, there are hayrides, a different Church supper every Saturday and the highlight is the Nativity Pageant on the 29th. It starts at the Baptist Church with the No Room at the Inn, next to the UC Church for Shepherd and Angels, to our Anglican Church for Herod and the Wise Men and ends at the mill with the stable scene, usually with a real baby. Folks walk to the different locations following a star. People just love it and we get people from the city who come back every year. I'm an Irish Nun/Narrator this year and need to throw together a costume plus get the others out of storage and tiddled up for the event.

I do go on and on, don't I? I figured I'll be crabbing about Country Christmas a lot over the next few weeks so......

Time to get off my butt and do things. Mondays always give me a burst of enthusiasm and I need to run with it an make it last!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 AM   #6  

Cyndi, I'll have to look into that Emergen-C, and maybe give it a try. Is it too late to take it now that I have a full-blown cold? I usually take Zicam, but I was out of it. What's going on with your fingers and headaches? I hope it's something that a good massage can take care of! Have you seen a chiropractor about it?

Ruth, HA! Fat Chance! She just called to say Audrey is staying home today with a bad cold, so I have to head over there as soon as I can.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-10-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Cough on her, Cottage!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #8  

Not such a good idea, though. Then I'd have to end up taking care of her plus the girls.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Well, just slap her for me, OK?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Good Morning Ladies
Cottage we could all send a slap her way? You deserve Bed and Tea and a good book!
Ruth your town sounds so nice and fun! If Canada wasn't cold I'd leave NJ in a heartbeat!
Cyn enjoy the massage and feel better!
PHX you are kickign some butt this AM!
Lori: You're doing so well at your new job!

Me: DH worked for the 5th wekend in a row! The weekend was busy but good Saturday AM I had my first volunteer shift at the thrift shop. and scored a brand new David Baldacci Book for $2!! and found a big decorative birdcage for my Mom's birthday. Saturday night went to the local Country dancing club for a friends b-day no dh so no dancing but they have Salsa Thursdays So I'm hopign to get him there. Sunday in my infinite brilliance I Scalded myself with boiling water and now have an arm ful of blisters so I got nothing done yesterday and indeed have no food in the house! However DH and I did snuggle and watch movies all day so that was a bonus.
bbiab
Kierie
Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, here I am ready to get back on track! I posted my explanation/apology for my disappearance in the weekend thread if anyone's wondering.

I will be very busy for at least a couple of months, but I need to make time for 3fc, as the last few weeks have shown me just how important it is for keeping me on track.

So, speaking of busy, I need to make this a short visit, but hello to all and have a great Monday!

Ruth, I volunteer to go with you and pay Cyndi a little friendly visit! Ruth, I love hearing about the country Christmas. We have a little event like that here too, and I hope one day to have enough time to pitch in a little more. For now, I just do what I can.
cottage, you can't take care of anyone else if you don't take care of you! That's a lesson I often forget myself. I love that bean soup recipe too, it's so easy and yummy and I make it often. It's great for when you're not feeling tip top.
Cyndi, numb fingers, what's that about?
phxsunflower, enjoy the rest of your long weekend! I am jealous.
Loriann, have a great day at work. Yes, it will be very nice to have the old man around again.

Time to walk the girl to school, "see" you chicks later!
P.S. Yes, I know I need to change that avatar. I'll see if I can find something appropriate today.

ETA: Hi Kierie!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 11-10-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hiya chicks!

I'm here just a lil hurt - had a colision with the firts baseman in our softball game and messed up my right foot and leg not sure if it's a break or fracture so we willsee what the doc says.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Yikes, Gonna, hope it's not broken!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

MOrning girls, quick update for me this morning. Breakfast is already made and cooling.

I have to go in for bloodwork - the last time I went in, the lady that would do the test was at lunch and I wasn't willing to wait...so, back in today. At least DH gets off at 1 and will be able to take DS for me.

Ironing! A LOT of it. i don't know why I slack so much with ironing....probably because I hate it so.

Haircuts for both my boys and an eyebrow wax for me this afternoon.

Also, taking my laptop in to be fixed. DS did something and now I can't access anything...grr!

Have a great day, ladies. I'll probably be in again after breakfast
Old 11-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #15  
sophie

good morning,

Cottage - hope you feel better soon. No fun taking care of kids when you are sick yourself.
Ruth - nice to hear about your Christmas activities, that's what Christmas is all about.
sunflower - hope the weather is nice for your long weekend.
Cyndi - take time out for yourself.
Ko - Canada isn't that cold. Its just a myth. Come on up.
Loriann - good for you that you spoke up.
Schmoodle -bet you are counting the days till DH comes home. Your kitten story made my heart break and I am not even cat person. Dogs here.
Zeff - someday your iron will retire. Mine has.
Kara - you will have to tell us all about the fabulous Christmas markets in Germany.

Gonnabe - ouch.

Me - cleaning up today, had unexpected company yesterday. Will dress appropriately and go for a walk today for sure. Trying to get some things done for a package for my daughter to send off before DH has his gallbladder surgery on the Dec.8th.
Closed Thread