South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Default Thursday Thoughts & Thanks

Hope you don't mind me starting up this morning Cottage. Up early for my last day of class and have Ruth on my mind this morning on what I am sure is going to be a rough day for her no matter what a rock she is. I know she won't have time to read today, nor would she want us fussin over her so I thought perhaps the best way for us to show our support is to reflect within ourselves and perhaps share a thing or two we are thankful for.

Of course I am thankful for my family, beyond that though I am thankful for you chicks, you have all touched my life in one way or another and by golly I have missed you thr last couple of days!

Alright I have got to get a move on or I am going to still have a towel on my head when my boss gets here! Last Day WHOOOOOOO!

Love ya all!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank you for getting us started up this morning, Stephanie, and it's great to start the day with giving thanks.

I'm thankful that my family has stayed close-knit throughout the years, and that we're all blessed with good health. I'm thankful that DH and I both have jobs that we enjoy and a nice home. I'm thankful that when I pray, my prayers are always answered. I'm thankful that I have lots of loyal friends.

And I'm thankful that the PHILLIES won the world series!

Looks like the sun is going to come out to visit today. I'm trying to get a couple loads of laundry done before I leave for work. Looking forward to watching Survivor tonight!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-30-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:08 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Cottage and STeph! And all who follow!!!!!! Ruth, prayers are with you this day! Lisa, I never found out, did you get the job?

Where's NESSA??????????????

I woke up praying about the job I interviewed at yesterday, I truly do pray I get it.

Today will be spent cleaning, Joe's coming over about noon or so to help with a few things. I have an interview at 4, but again, that one has NO benies! .

How bout you, what do you have planned today?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

What a lovely way to start the morning and a thoughtful way to support Ruth, Stephanie. You're a dear. I know Ruth will feel our prayers and thoughts winging her way today. I hope everyone knows that they are more than welcome to start up the daily if they get up early and notice it's not started (Cottage and Ruth have to sleep sometime, right? )

Hope all is peaceful there with the Phillies win, Cottage! I think it's great that they got the chance to win in their home city.

Loriann!

I'm thankful for so many things! Most of all, for having a warm, comfortable, safe place to live, for my loving DH, for the health and happiness of our four-legged kids and all our friends and family, and most of all, that my friend who lost her nearly 6-week-old baby last April has just found out she's pregnant again.

Yesterday was pretty quiet at work so I got a lot of personal stuff done. I'm getting a head start on ordering things I need for the holidays, which makes me feel much less anxious about dealing with it all. I'm determined to start early this year and go on at least one little daytrip to enjoy the season (I think DH and I will go to NYC to take in the decorations).

Not much going on here--work, gym, dinner, and relaxing at home today. We're planning on carving our pumpkins for tomorrow. DH is from WI and his sister gave him a Green Bay Packers pumpkin carving kit for Christmas. I know he's going to have fun with that tonight!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

All is in control. I'll report all the boring details - and any exciting ones - later when the frenzy subsides. Thanks for all the hugs and prayers. They do help!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:43 AM   #6  

Ruth!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Firstly, I am thankful for being raised to know Christ as my Lord and Savior. I'm also thankful that my family is only slightly dysfunctional. And of course, daily I'm thankful for my knight in shining armor, who swept me off my feet, saved me from becoming a bitter man-hater, and gave me a 4 year old (now 5) little boy to love, take care of, and learn from.

Ruthie.

Lori, nope, still haven't heard. No positive phone call, no negative email. It must be a tough decision! I know they did a background check on me, at least, so I was one of the final candidates..... that's as much as I know, though.

Oy, rough start today. I'm pretty pooped. Volleyball kicked my behind last night, and I did weights before. I'm sore today.

Ooooh, Tom went all day without a cigarette yesterday and he's REALLY pleasant (can you hear the sarcasm?) this morning. Crap. I'm going to go crawl under the bed until time to shower.

Have a great day girls!

Lisa
Old 10-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #8  

Lisa! I remember last year around this time when Jake quit smoking. Oy!!!!!!! As far as the job goes, why don't you give them a call? It wouldn't hurt!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

First, Stephanie - what a wonderful way to open the morning. It is always a great way to start the day. Ruth - our thoughts are with you today.

I'm thankful that my mom has the ability to come and visit as often as she does. I'm thankful for such a wonderful husband who really loves my mom and does his best to make sure that her visit here is wonderful. I'm thankful that the in-law drama finally has started to subside. I'm thankful to be carrying a healthy child and to have such a wonderful, caring, rambunctious little boy already - one was a blessing, two is a miracle.

Last night we went to a Halloween function sponsored by a local non-profit. DS won a costume contest in his age group - he was a giraffe - pictures to come...eventually. He had a good night with his grandma. Today we're going to buy pumpkins to carve tonight - a little late, I know...

Was up early this morning preparing a roast for tonight and making an apple coffee cake for breakfast. I'll have to make some sort of protein to go with it or DH will be ravenous in an hour.

to everyone else! Have a great day!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Stephanie you are a great woman and it shows in the way you have started us up this morning

Cottage congrats on the Phillies and don't tell my dh I said that as he was soo hopin the Rays would pull it off

Laurie the news of your friend brought tears to my eyes - what a blessing and may this time all be well for mom and baby

Thinkin about you Ruth

Lisa I agree with cottage - give them a call some times persitence wins

I am thinkful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ without Him I would have nothing else to be thankful for. I am thankful that I live in a wonderful free country, I have a handsome loving kind gentle caring husband/best friend, I have a stribg faithful family no matter what we go through we stick together and I am thankful for the wonderful knowledgeable people here that I some day hope to meet in person.

May we all have a great and blesses day
Old 10-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Stephanie - What a wonderful way to start today's thread. Hope your last day of classes go well.

Cottage - I'm also looking forward to Survivor tonight. I'm really hoping there's a switch up or feathers get ruffled. It's been a pretty good season, but I want to see something different. And congrats on the Phillies winning.

Loriann - I really hope you get a call for that job. It sounds like it would really work for you!!! Saying some prayers!

Laurie - New York in the winter is one of my dream trips. My dh has promised that we would do it at some point in our lives. It just sounds so romantic. Good job getting started already on your Christmas gifts!!!

Ruth - We love you! And I, particularly, love your support and spirit here. I hope today is a peaceful one for you

Weezle - I hope you hear something soon. Are you sure you don't want to give them a call and see if a decision has been made??? And here's an extra ounce of patience for you and your dh.....what a great choice he's making!!!

Weezle - Looking forward to seeing pics. I'm sure he was precious!!

Gonnabe - Morning
Me - Should be another quiet night. I need to make sure that I've got everything ready for Halloween at school tomorrow. Should be fun.

As far as being thankful, I know I'm truly blessed. First and foremost in my life is my relationship with my Lord and Savior. I know that God's timing is perfect and I rest in Him. My dh and pups are the loves of my life, I can't imagine my life without them. My friends that surround me are a joy. My family is the BEST. The ladies here are my support, thank you all! All in all, life is good.

Have a lovely Thursday ladies!
Blessings!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to let you all know that I collected all the various threads on dealing with the November/December holidays and merged them into one ginormous thread in the FAQ (Cottage's wise suggestion). You'll find it here. it's open and ready for your comments, questions, and advice! See you there...
Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #13  
Determined to lose!

Default Please Pray!

I just got a call about the place I interviewed at yesterday, she wants me to meet the owner today! I had another interview at the other place at the same time but I am calling to cancel that interview till tomorrow, some juggling going on, hopefully I will not need the other interviews I will have for tomorrow!

This job is awesome, PLEASE pray!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone!

Thanks for starting us up, Stephanie. And what a great way to honor Ruth. I'm thankful for God's presence in mine and DH's lives, for a loving family and for the peace that passes all understanding!

Cottage: Good morning! Congrats to you and the Phillies! I hope you get all your laundry done and get to the tv in time to watch Survivor.

Lori: Still lifting you up in prayer. I'm sure the right job will come along! Just keep the faith!

Laurie: Oooh...NFL pumpkin carving kits?! I'm off to search google! I hope you and DH enjoy your carving time together. It sounds like a fun evening!

Ruth: Hi and !

Lisa: Congrats to Tom for going the whole day and to you for putting up with it! Jason and I quit smoking on the same day (the day after Thanksgiving last year.) That may have been a bad idea. Divorce papers were almost the conclusion of that decision! Hang in there!!!

Zeffryn: Mmmm....apple coffee cake for breakfast....if only I were preggers! I hope you have a wonderful day and what a TRUE blessing it is that your DH and mother have such a good relationship!

Gonna: Hi and how are you? Your post made me very grateful for my hubby and family! We're in the same boat when it comes to that...hubby's that are best friends are the best!

Heather: I hope your preparations go well and that you have some time to relax tonight!

Me: Yesterday was not the best of days eating-wise. One of the attorneys brought in kolaches and donuts and a taxpayer brought in Halloween candy. I'll be better today. I'm hoping for maintenance on the scale as I've at least worked out every day this week.

Tonight is pumpkin-carving night here and I think we'll be watching "Leatherheads" while we're doing that. I'd like to get the house at least straightened. I've decided to borrow the carpet cleaner Saturday and clean the carpets in the bedrooms, so the less "regular" cleaning I have to do this weekend, the better.

Well, I think this post has take me an hour, so I'd better get it posted. I need to quit letting boss-man interrupt me with real work while I'm typing these. Have a great Thursday!

~Kim
Old 10-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Zeff get all that mom time you can - moms are one of God's greates gifts to us

hmac your post made me revert back to a thought i always try to remeber - theres always someone out there worse off than you so be thankful for all you have no matter how small - have a blessed day

Kim your right you will get back on track we are all here cheerin you on. Your comment about watching leather face made me think of my brother - he won scarriest costume at the party came in with his chainsaw blairin and everyone was in total scared shock lface.jpg
Closed Thread