South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Morning Coffee & Chat

Ugh, Monday.

My routine is all messed up because Jake is home today. At least he made the coffee, though. I'll be home until around 10, when I'll wonder over to Cindy's to see what needs to be done. The schedule looks pretty light today, Audrey has Cotillion after school, but that seems to be it for now.

I wonder how Jessie's doing? ?

Phillie Fever is running rampant around here!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and ! I slept until 6:30 and am due at the garage for 7:30. See y'all!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

DH worked for 3 days straight this weekend so I'm scooting to work! BRRR I think this AM is a DD run for coffee and then a nessamuffin!
bbl Ladies!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Good morning Linda and Ruth, and everyone to yet check in!

The weather is quite nice today. Was suppose to be a total wash out weekend, but Sunday held out for me to mow the lawn, mulching the leaves as I went! Now I have the nicest looking lawn .

Headed out to work this morning and tonight I'm going to start cleaning for a treatment. I found out Borax is good for many things outside of cleaning and laundry. The new puppy has been itching so I want to bathe him in Dawn and treat the carpets for fleas, found out Borax is awesome not only for fleas, but will also kill off lady bugs and spiders from the house, as well as any ants. Not that I've seen any of the ants, but I do know there's a few spiders, and I ALWAYS get loads of lady bugs! Well, hopefully this year will be different! YEA!!!!

Still have not received my unemployment check from two weeks ago, so I'm hoping it comes in this week as I have a vet appointment for not one, but two dogs. And Jade I fear has an ear infection so will cost that and heart worm testing, shots etc. .

Hoping all is well with Nessa and Jessie....

Have a great Monday!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning all

Cottage - It's nice to wake up to coffee Have a good day!

Ruth - Nothing like starting the day at a run! Hope it slows down later.

KO - I'm going to try those muffins next time. I made 2 batches of bars this weekend, one for DD. Muffins sound great and would get around my cutting things evenly issue

Loriann - I think the ladybugs hibernate in your walls and just come out when it's nice. We have these annoying beetles that I don't like nearly as much as the ladybugs and every time a cat eats one (and they do)there is kitty vomit. Grrrr

I'm back to work today. I'm sure there's a pile on my desk and calls in the voice mail just waiting for me. I've been checking my email so at least that's under control.

Had a rude wake-up from the scale this morning. I saw 140 for the first time in several months. My eating has been off a few days (definite stress issue) but I suspect it's more an exercise issue. My numbers are low for me and I think I'm paying for that. I just have to find time and a way to exercise even if DP goes to bed early in the room with the treadmill. Well, better I learn that now when I'm still conscious of all the changes I made last year. It's back to P1 a few days and on track with exercise for me.

Hope everyone's Monday is less monday-like than usual!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

good morning ladies!

Cottage - glad to hear it's a slow one for you!

ruth - Hope you got to enjoy your coffee anyway!

KO - Good morning!

Cyndi - I always hesitate to go back to P1 while hitting the exercise. If you go on it for only a few days, does it not drain you like the first time? I tend to cut back on grains, but not fruit...I get too scared I'll be wiped out. What's your experience? (oh - and I just joined Facebook too - IM me if you need more friends )

Me - I was a Baaaaaa-d girl this weekend . Had a roll at the restaurant, split an appetizer....had a naughty beverage...and it was awesome! Somehow, the scale has still been kind (I think I didn't have any grains yesterday without realizing it...), so I'm finding out it's okay to indulge once ina while! (it was our anniversary dinner)

Today is work as usual, then my "long run". For the training on Smart Coach off of runner's world, you have one day a week. This week is 7 miles (although I did 7.7 last time). Every two weeks, they bump it up a mile. Before you know it, 13 miles! Will I make it?!?!

Have a great day, ladies!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-27-2008 at 08:24 AM. Reason: facebook!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girlies! Back to the grind today, and it is COLD! 34 degrees right now! Low of 24 tonight! I might die. Too early to bust out the heavy coat!

Tom and I redid the entire apartment this weekend. I finally broke down and pulled all the clothes that are too big for me (even though I love them ) for Salvation Army. We did all the laundry, cleaned and organized the whole house, etc. Whew!

Ugh, well, time for tea and getting a move on! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa

PS Still no news on the job.... no news is good news at this point!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Busy day for me today. I have to get everything lined out here to be gone for the next three days to class. I NEVER leave the office and now the boss and I are both going to be gone to these gawd awful classes. Making things worse is the fact that these classes are an hour and a half away and we are driving back and forth.

Add to that TOM arrived this morning, plus the supposed move this weekend and I think I am pretty much at the end of my rope emotionally.

Hope all is well with Jessie!

Hope everyone has a great day, or week depending on when I manage to pop back in!

Oh I recently started a facebook too! Anyone need friends?

ETA: Lisa I feel you on the cold and getting rid of the clothes you love, I have one of my all time favorite sweaters on today that I pretty much disappear in and would probably cry if one of those mean fashion people told me I had to throw away!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 10-27-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh, Cottage, did Jessie have the baby? How awesome!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Loriann, I don't know much about it, but I'd think that Dawn would cause lots of extra itching because it's so drying. They make dog shampoos made for helping dogs with itchy skin--it'd be better to use one of those. Our dog had really bad fleas when the rescue got her and they gave her two baths with flea shampoo, but that didn't kill them all--it'll take a good flea preventer to get rid of them, I'd think. Cool to know that Borax does so much, though!

Cyndi, this morning I read on the You docs site that maintainers who weigh daily after reaching goal tend to do much better on keeping their weight off. Sounds like it's helping you!

Twynn, in my experience, P1 doesn't drain you like it did the first time.

Good for you on the closet cleanout, Lisa!

Stephanie, travel safely. Soon it'll all be over!

Me:
So tired, even though I got to bed really early last night.

Lots to do at work, then off to the gym and home for a bit before heading off to book club. We're discussing Infidel, so it should be an interesting night!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls. Not a whole lot of time this morning. I have a OB appointment at 10 and I have to drop DS off at his grandmother's beforehand. I'm starting to have OB appointments every two weeks...blah.

I checked Jessie's twitter page this morning. She hasn't posted in 17 hours and the last post she made was that she was going to the hospital soon....could we have a little Jessie already?

Have a birthday party for our nephew to go to tonight - October is FULL of birthdays! I need to get him a gift still as we just found out about the party yesterday. He wants a nerf gun....kids ...although, my DH has one as well....Boys?

DH has been working his butt off with final revisions to his dissertation. His defense is this Friday...I can't believe this is almost over...it seems too good to be true.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Monday!!!
Cottage - A husband who makes you coffee in the morning sounds so nice. Maybe one day I'll be able to train mine to do the same.

Ruth - Hope the car is well. Have a good one!

KO - Enjoy your muffin!!

Loriann - Trips to the vet are good, and necessary, but never fun for the pocket book. My DH's work next year is going to offer pet insurance. We're definitely in! Have a good day at work!

Cyndi - I'm sure the scale is just a reflection of the stress. Hang in there and get out for a walk or two this week. The fresh I'm sure will be good for you. Good luck finding the bottom of the pile at work. I hope it's not too bad.

Twynn - To indulge on a special event, like an anniversary is totally acceptable. Hope you and DH had a wonderful time. Congrats! Have fun on the run.

Weezle - Have you called to hear if they've made a decision yet?? I'd be dying by this point. Good job on cleaning out your wardrobe. I'm sure there will be people who will love your clothes. Stay warm.

Stephanie - Have fun at your classes this week. I hope they're not too awful.

Laurie - Have fun at the book club tonight. Sounds like it'll be really interesting.

Zeff - Don't you hate it when things get sprung on you?? Hope the party is a good time and not a hassle.

Jessie - Sending up prayers that all is well and that the mama and baby are doing just fine.

Me - Met up with friends from my college years yesterday. One of my friend just got engaged, so we got to me the new fiancee. (They were in town from Oregon). Had a good time, but was I was not good. I need to really be more mindful of what I'm putting into my mouths these days. I find that I'm justifying a lot. I really need to buckle down this week. Headed over to my friends house tonight to cook with their daughters. So cute, a couple weeks ago they asked their mom "When's Cooking Heather coming over???" I had to oblige. I'm looking forward to it. Should be lots of fun!!!

Have a great Monday ladies!!!
BLESSINGS!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Sounds like everyone has a busy Monday today. We are busy at work.

Jessie- prayers your way hoping that mama and baby are well.

Lisa- I would be dying as well to find out one way or the other.

Sorry no time for personals for everyone else, Have a great day!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I was bad this weekend too but in Moderation. GF and her DH were in from England and we went to her Mom's for Shabbat her dh is a CHEF! luckily most of everything was pretty healthy soup chicken salad 2 glasses of wine and challah *cough* and brown basmati which was surprisingly good
Saturday night we all went out and I split a gelato with my gf but It wasn't amazing so I had 4 bites and put my spoon down. . .they all looked at me like I had 6 heads!
It was good but it wasn't anything to fall off a cliff for!
Heather that's so cute!!!
Zeff how was the OB?
Laurie I'll have to check that one out on Amazon
Steph Cyn friended me if you check out her page send me a friend
Lisa you organizing queen!! Good Job getting rid of the big clothes! I'm still finding them lurking in my closet
Twyn part of a life plan is stepping off a bit and getting back on ! you're doing great
Cyn lol that was my inspiration!
Lori your doggie is gorgeous!
Good MOrning Ruth and COttage!
Sorry for the delay posting I know ppl have posted while I was afk we had a bagel meeting but I SAID NO TO BAGELS!!
bbiab
Kierie
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #14  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Wow- lots of posts this morning! I can't wait till I am remembering everyones names with their stories- for now I am a scrolling diva~!

Cottage- Enjoy your coffee!!! Phillie Fever is running in our house too- My dh is from West Chester-so he's very happy right now!

Pearlrose, KO, and Ruth- Hope you all have a splendid day!

Loriann-I know what you mean about expensive pets.... with 6 furbabies and one on Special Kidney food its very expensive. And, dawn is a very gentle product to use on animals,I would bathe him in that and apply a treatment of frontline-dawn won't kill flea eggs. however if he itches afterwards I would see about getting some doggie oatmeal shampoo It may be his skin itching...

Zeff- Hope all goes well at the OB! Did you ever get a pumpkin?

Beachgal- Have fun at your book club!

Pacer-At least you are only commuting 3 days and its only 30 minutes! I know it knocks you out of routine though!

Lisa- BRRR.... I got a chill just thinking about your weather!!! Its seeming to be beautiful today here...high of only 50 though!WTG on getting your stuff cleaned out- I should really do that too- I caught myself wearing OLD pants that are too big bc they were comfy yesterday- I need to get rid of them so there is NO slipping backwards!

Twynn-Nice to know we can indulge once in a while eh? I always am scared for myself that it will lead to another and another and another- but sounds like you got it down! Happy anniversary

Cyndi- I am sure you will lose those couple lbs in no time! Stress stinks! Find some time to relax as well

Kiere- Way to go on resisting those bagels!!!! yummmm bagels.. I mean- those things are NAASTY! lol

Everyone else who pops in later- hope you have a great day too!!!

Me- well, I slept in today till 930 and realized that I am getting old! lol, I used to think it was pretty early if I was up at 930! now anything after 8 is sleeping in- when did that happen???!!!??? Enjoying my cups of coffee- I may run back to whole foods today but may wait till next week, bought a bottle of dressing that sounded so good, got home and realized it expired in June! geez at 4 bucks a bottle- and the gas to take it back will be another couple bottles... no more! I will always check their stuff now!
I am going to try to get DH to take the dogs to the park today with me, high of 50 perfect hiking weather Not sure about breakfast yet, may just wait till morning snack- just haven't been hungry in the morning but have been having like a cup of milk in my coffees. Have to get my plants ready to bring in tonight as well.. supposed to be our first hard freeze tonight. I would like to check out planting bulbs as well... never been good at that but why not give it another shot?!

OK, now you guys are probably getting tired of my rambling on thinking about what I'm going to do today so I will stop andstart thinking to myself

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #15  

I'm still tired from the weekend but we had a great time. I worked registration at the Parent & Pal Cub Scout event and helped in the kitchen for breakfast Saturday and Sunday which meant getting up at 5 since we had several hundred to feed. Saturday night I sang Ghost Chickens in the Sky at the campfire and led the staff skit and then on Sunday, I conducted the Interfaith Worship Service. Brian loved helping. He got to work in the manmade cave. We've already signed up to staff the next Parent & Pal in east Texas in April.

TOM did come yesterday morning (first time since June) so that and the bad eating I have done lately has caused my weight to be up. It's time to buckle down and get back on plan since I have no more events where people cook for me any time soon. It is a lot easier when I have control over the food.
Closed Thread