3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekend Chatter - Sept. 27 & 28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/152539-weekend-chatter-sept-27-28-a.html)

Loriann7 09-28-2008 07:58 AM

It's gloomy and rainy here as well, but can we complain? we've had several days of niceness... even if it had rained all summer, who are we to complain against God?

Nessa, not sure, but I WILL be stripping bed today and washing everything and spraying bed down good with bleach/water! Might even get my steam cleaner out on it! That AND the couch!

Cyndi, I feel your pain! But at least your body lost the weight! Mine seems to want to hoard it! :(. :lol:

Hi June, nice to meet you!

mandyleigh 09-28-2008 08:00 AM

Good Morning all!

Had a scare with Nellie, my greyhound mix, last night. She was running in the yard, I turned around to come inside, and I heard her scream. I turned around and saw her not moving a muscle and holding her back right leg almost up to her body. So I carried her in the house (I know I'm getting stronger now!!!) and put her in my bedroom and looked at her leg...didn't find any swelling or anything out of place or any specific spot of pain for her. Checked the paw, nothing. She even let me passively range it. But still she wouldn't even dare relax it one inch. The leg was just sort of hanging there. So I called the ER vet and they said just to watch it and if she wasn't any better this morning to bring her in. So while she laid on the bed shivering and panting in pain, she finally fell asleep with me sitting watching her!! I guess I fell asleep about an hour ago and woke up to hear her eating....which means she got down out of the bed and walked to her food bowl. Then I let her out and she's at least putting some weight on the leg and is no longer shivering and shaking and looking at me like she's in pain. So I guess she just twisted something and needs to rest it!! Oh, I also had a bag of frozen peas on her while she was sleeping...lol....and trust me, I have pictures!! lol

Other than that it's a nice morning. About to leave to get my grocery shopping over before the crowds get going. Also going check out the new Penny's that Cat was talking about yesterday!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

ladybugnessa 09-28-2008 08:06 AM

oh so scary when our puppies are hurting... I know. I'm glad she is feeling better... give her a baby aspirin... NOT tylenol or the other stuff...

when i asked how much to give bagel they laughed... ADULT DOSE... ha.

Loriann7 09-28-2008 08:08 AM

awe, Mandy! I do hope she just twisted it and nothing more! Make sure to check for snake bites and what not! My cat came home and was favoring a front paw for a day, then I noticed it swelling up badly. I didn't have proof of rabies and my vet was closed, so in essence she was quaranteened after they drained the liquid. Not sure if it was snake, another animal or what.

Pearlrose 09-28-2008 09:01 AM

Good morning everyone,

Sounds like everyone is having a nice weekend.

phxsunflower- Congratulations on your one year anniversary you are doing so great, almost 100 lbs gone. I know you feel great.

Nessa I am jealous that you have a trader joes so close- I have one about 5 miles from work but it is opposite direction from going home so I do not go as often as I would like.

Mandy- I hope your puppy is doing better today. My friends doggie was bit by a snake and it swelled so I would watch for that but hopefully that wasn't it.

Yesterday- went grocery shopping in the morning spent way too much but atleast pantry and fridge are fully stocked again. In the afternoon DF and her DS came over and me and the 2 DD went leaf collecting again, had a fun afternooon and then we went to dinner together. DH and DS went to a college to check it out and go to football game there- I decided to let DS take a friend and make it a guys day.

Today on the agenda is going to church and then for DD1 we have to find shoes to go with her Homecoming dress- the ones in her closet I thought would go no longer fit her feet have grown so we will be checking out shoes and I have to still do chores around the house I haven't gotten to. Nessa I want to vacuum right now but everyone is sleeping so I will refrain.

Have a great day everyone.

Barb0522 09-28-2008 09:37 AM

I stayed up way too late last night. A friend was driving last night from midnight to 2am and we talked on the phone the whole time. It kept him from falling asleep driving and I enjoyed getting a chance to talk to him. He's a good friend of my lawyer and had some good suggestions on what I might offer as a proposed settlement that Robert might take. The suggestion is to agree that we will stay married (in name only) until Sept so that he can stay on my insurance and in exchange he will give up all claim to my retirement, savings, etc and he gets his share of the house only when I sell (which I don't intend to do). But Robert has to agree that we are free to move on with our lives and date others. This would cover him with insurance until he gets well enough to work. If he doesn't like it then when the 90 day hold period is over, I'm going to push for this to be through as quickly as possible. I'll need to talk to my lawyer to see what he thinks and I don't want Robert to hear about any of this until after Wood Badge is over since it is one of his friends who is watching Brian the weekend of the 16-19 of Oct.

Brian and I and Grace (my assistant scribe) are heading up to the camp as soon as Brian gets done with Sunday school this morning. The staff has a lot to do to setup and she and I want to see what our scribe hut is like and hand out the staff binders to those who are there. We'll be gone all day but it should be a blast.

hmacneil6 09-28-2008 11:22 AM

Morning all.....didn't get to check in yesterday morning. Super crazy at the USO. And this morning I'm running late AND there's no coffee....which I could seriously use! Today I've got church this morning, groceries this afternoon, and then I'm catering the all church meeting this evening. Busy, Busy, Busy!!
Have a good one!!!!

weezle 09-28-2008 12:30 PM

Morning!

Just got out of the shower. Going to have some cereal and get ready to finally GO TO THE STORE!!!! Wahoo! Tommy's mom is taking Little Guy out to lunch to see him before his mom comes to get him tomorrow night. I'm gonna miss him. :(

Almost done with my 2nd book. It's pretty good, keeping me reading.

Ah well, need to keep working on my grocery list. Gonna be strange, being able to make "grown-up food" for a few weeks. I almost don't know what to do! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa

zeffryn 09-28-2008 03:45 PM

Hi, guys!

Just woke up from a nap after going in a cleaning frenzy this morning. Sciatic nerve is better today.

Headed over to the in-law's place for a visit. It wasn't supposed to be dinner, so I made lasagna...it seems to be turning into a dinner visit though....I guess the lasagna will have to wait.

I picked up the new Better Homes & Gardens mag yesterday and found some really great (frugal!) fall decorating ideas. I'm going to go buy some gourds and mums later this week.

weezle 09-28-2008 06:05 PM

Well, even though we didn't buy much, we still spent $125 at the store because we needed toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouth wash, conditioner, etc that we don't usually buy every trip. We really didn't get much food, just a few things that I needed to whip up some grown-up dinners while Little Guy is gone.

Zeff, I need to start thinking about fall decorating myself. It hasn't quite felt completely like fall here yet, but it will in a couple of days. As much as I loathe the cold, I do enjoy the period of time between Halloween and Christmas every year.

I think while Little Guy is gone, we're going to overhaul the apartment. Time to go through all his clothes/toys and get rid of the ones that he's outgrown, not to mention time to go through all our crap. I already went through my clothes when I redid the closets a few weeks ago, but I still have a lot more crap that is just sitting in the closets, not doing anything but collecting dust.

Well, time to figure out what we're doing for dinner. Hope you girls have a great night!

Lisa

mandyleigh 09-28-2008 08:51 PM

Can anyone tell me if agave nectar should be in the fridge after it's opened? I've read the bottle and can't find it anywhere!! Made some awesome stir fry for dinner and added a bit of the agave and it was delicious!! Mmmm...then again, anything with shrimp in it is always good to me!

zeffryn 09-28-2008 08:55 PM

mandy - I keep mine in a cabinet.

--

So, we're on the search for a new house. I would like to move somewhere bigger before the new baby comes. We only have 2 bedrooms and a teensy loft/office area. I found a couple rent houses (we're not looking to buy right now) - took a look at two tonight. One was in a really not so nice neighborhood and the other, while it wasn't in a super ritzy neighborhood - it wasn't bad and the price is such that would allow us to save $$. Our savings are looking rather pitiful right now :(

mandyleigh 09-28-2008 09:08 PM

Thanks zeff.....I went looking at houses yesterday too and was amazed at the not so nice neighborhoods I wound up in. Good luck with the search!