3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase I Chick-Check - Week of Sept. 14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/151479-phase-i-chick-check-week-sept-14-a.html)

Jenskihere 09-17-2008 03:16 PM

Has anyone seen these new salad dressings from Wishbone, called Bountifuls? It is basically a jar of chopped veggies (green, red, yellow peopers, onion, tomatoes) in a light tomato juice. I picked Sante Fe one, has a hint of lime cilantro. It has a little kick. The only bad part is it has a little corn in it. Other than that, it has 20 calories for 2TBS, 0 fat,3 sugars, 4 carbs. Sound good for phase 2? I bought it and tried it, it is pretty good. There are a few other flavors too, not all low in sugar.

here is a link to the site:
http://www.wish-bone.com/Dressings/2...-Santa-Fe.aspx
There is a coupon for $1 off too.

Doesn't this one sound good too?
Wish-Bone® Bountifuls™ Tuscan Romano Basil Dressing

A delectable Mediterranean vinaigrette brimming with chunks of tomatoes, aged Romano cheese and basil.
25 cal/.5 fat/4 carb/3g sugar
This should be OK for phase 1. There is recipes there too for using the dressings.

Jenskihere 09-17-2008 03:31 PM

I was browing around on that wishbone site thru the recipes and there are a few out that there sound awesome! Several bean salads, marinated mushrooms, roasted asparagus, steamed broc.
Take a look for yourself!

zeffryn 09-17-2008 06:09 PM

Jenny - I couldn't find a list of ingredients, but since it is shelf stable I would be careful to read the ingredient list before buying....those three sugars might be a type to avoid.

It does look good though, as does the berry vin. one.

BrendaS104 09-17-2008 07:35 PM

day.. hmmm.... 10 for me. :lol: chugging along. Haven't weighed a couple days mostly because I didn't want to be pissed off. :lol:

junebug07 09-17-2008 07:38 PM

Yum!

Great day today! I had a really good workout and ate OP all day. We just had grilled chicken breast and veggies. For my dairy I made a smoothy with NF plain yogurt, ff milk, splenda, & raspberries. It was my first re-intro of fruits. YUM! I feel like I am cheating. :)

zeffryn 09-17-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junebug07 (Post 2366662)
Great day today! I had a really good workout and ate OP all day. We just had grilled chicken breast and veggies. For my dairy I made a smoothy with NF plain yogurt, ff milk, splenda, & raspberries. It was my first re-intro of fruits. YUM! I feel like I am cheating. :)

You make me so hungry! Raspberry smoothies are my favorite!!

Fat Melanie 09-17-2008 11:33 PM

6 days of a clean phase 1 for me.. Looks like it's turning out to be phase 1 afterall, but I don't want to speak too soon. We already spent up most of our monthly grocery budget (it's ridiculous) and stocked the freezer with some meats, but not a TON of stuff. I did a lot better last month, grocery wise. Anyway I fear when we run out of more substantial & healthy food, we may have to do the whole cheap-and-not-very-nutritious thing. Hopefully I'll make it work.

I get to change my ticker so, it's all good.

Tomorrow's the big test. My best friend is staying the night so we can have some best friend time together after a long while of infrequent visits. (This is because my boyfriend has a problem with her and there's always tension and somehow her presence always causes him to start fights and she's stayed away out of respect for him but we really miss eachother. She wants to sit down and talk with him and hopefully resolve things so it's gonna be a stressful day) and anyway we plan on making dinner for him, yes to butter him up... so I'm making one of those beef roast things but he likes it with potatoes and carrots. I'm gonna use beef boilloun and maybe some RF sour cream to make 'gravy' and try to make a side dish of broccoli with cheese or something so I don't go for the potatoes and carrots, though sigh, it would be delicious. I'm gonna have to chew on an extra large portion of beef and the side dish to stay away from those potatoes. I'm gonna make SF orange jello for dessert and get some SF coolwhip. That's not particularly spectacular but hey, it keeps me from going for cheesecake.

Oooh.. I could make ME some cauliflower and substitute that for the potatoes and use the gravy on THAT... as well as have broccoli... why didn't I think of that before? Cauliflower is like my new favorite vegetable.

Wish me luck!

RNmomof5 09-18-2008 12:16 AM

Day 8 for me. I decided to weigh in yesterday since I was half way through P1 and would you know, my scale showed that I lost 5 lbs in 1 week! I was loving this diet!!! However, today I weighed myself, and it said 123.5(yesterday was 122). Either way it is a loss from the 127 I was last week.

I was out of town yesterday helping my family whose homes were flooded in the past hurricane and ate some chinese food. That was all they had open besides fast food, which the fast food places had no salads. They told me that they were unable to steam veggies, but could stir fry them in as little sauce as possible.( For some reason they insisted that they HAD to use sauce. ) I did request no msg, but I have no idea really exactly what was in the sauce. I'm sure it was mostly just soy sauce. I just hope I didn't mess up my P1. I miss my fruit too much to have to start over! Come to think of it ,the sodium in the chinese food probably contributed to my 1.5 lb weight gain.

Fat Melanie 09-18-2008 12:30 AM

Most chinese sauces have some sugar in it, BUT I'm sure the damage was minimal and your gain is most likely only water retention from the sodium in the soy sauce.

Argh, as soon as I typed that, I read the rest of your post and saw you had already figured it out! Sorry. :p Anyway, you're doing great. :D

akacutie 09-18-2008 07:12 AM

Day 11~

Hello Guys-

Day 11 for me...... :) If only I had extra cash to get some more veggies..... :) I have run into a tight spell due to a large cable bill and my big car repair bill. Anyway, I am expecting a school refund check by the end of the week. I really need it in fact. Ahhhhh......:( I will not stress about it though....

Oh, yesterday at work they passed out candy bars to everyone..... It had 22g of sugar in that little bar! I gave it away a quickly as possible. It is life insurance awareness month so they have been giving little trickets reminding us that we need life insurance and we might want to buy it from our company cause they only pay for 2 our salary and we need more.... anyway.... I hope nothing tempts me at work today..... :p

I hope you ladies have a great OP day today!

junebug07 09-18-2008 08:13 AM

Down Another 1.2 lbs

Good Morning!

I jumped on the scale this morning and am down another 1.2lbs. Even with the newly added 1 grain and 1 fruit to my menu in Phase 2. I have also returned to the gym to start toning up all my jiggly parts. I have always hated my arms and I am vowing to finally do something about them!

Just finishing up my Egg Beater omelette and then off to school.

Have a Terrific Thursday!

GONNABE165 09-18-2008 08:48 AM

junebug congrats on the weight loss - sounds like your doin a great job

uscarchie 09-18-2008 10:26 AM

No choice on the grapes- DH bought them, and then left for NY without eating them! I can't let them rot in the fridge.

I ate TERRIBLY on tuesday- I was very tired and hungry, so I made premade pasta with chicken and alfredo sauce. It probably wasn't all that bad, since the pasta had mushrooms in it, but I blame TOM and having no husband around.... I might just blame the DH anyways, since he's the one who bought them and I usually keep stuff like that out of the house.

Yesterday was a long business trip to Utah, but I ate well, no digressions from the plan. Today will be challenging, but i've got my plan, and I'll stick to it!

I made a no-carb pumpkin cheesecake that I've been eating for breakfast, and it's pretty good. Dunno how great it is for me, but a nice change from eggs. I'll go back to the eggs and veggies shortly.

zeffryn 09-18-2008 10:40 AM

uscarchie - it's always easier to blame hubs ;) they usually don't even know what they are getting blamed for anyway and just agree.

Fat Melanie 09-18-2008 10:47 AM

Usarchie.... WHAT IS THAT RECIPE???! (I'm all excited at the prospect of a pumpkin cheesecake... it sounds heavenly.)

Good job on the loss Junebug and Akacutie, great job resisting those evil candy bars. :D

Hopped on the scale first thing this morning and was very pleasantly surprised to see that I went down another two lbs... bringing me to 190. So after my big screwups in which I went back up to 195, I now weigh less than I did before I gained a few lbs back during my recent "binge phase".

Happy, happy, joy, joy. :D