South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick-Check - Week of September 1

This thread is for all new and returning Phase I folks.

Please post your successes, problems and helpful hints in this thread where we can all share. If you are new, feel free to join in - there's lots of support here.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/179.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi there
I'm new and on day 2 of phase 1 and I'm missing fruit already but I figure I can do anything for two weeks.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #3  
wife2abadge

I'm on day 3 today. It hasn't been too difficult, but I kind of prepared for it by trying to cut down my fruit and bread servings to 1 or 2 a day for a couple of weeks beforehand.

I have made two of the fritattas in the old cookbook and they were both really delicious. For dinner we've had the gingered pork loin and the spaghetti squash casserole. Both were really tasty and my family liked them too.

I was really hungry the first day even though it seemed as though I ate a lot of food, but yesterday was better. I actually finished the day with under 1200 calories, which I wasn't too happy about. By the time I realized it though I wasn't about to cram in food before bed when I wasn't hungry. It think it was a fluke though -- I missed my morning snack because we were at the mall and we ate dinner so late that I didn't eat much.

Anyway, so far so good!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #4  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Today is Monday and I'm back on Phase 1 and if I don't do it clean this time, then I'm going to be very angry at myself. I keep screwing up and I need a clean phase 1 to get me back on track. I'm not happy with my recent food decisions, at all.

Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs with reduced fat cheddar. About to drink some v8.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #5  

I'm starting Phase 1 tomorrow, when the kids go back to school.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 148/133/125

I am starting ph1 again tomorrow. The past few weeks to month have been a total bust! Gotta get back to exercising too!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #7  
Healthy mommy

I can't believe I managed to do 60 minutes on my exercise bike today!!! I did 30 minutes, stopped to prepare dinner (had to marinate the meat), and then did another 30 minutes. I have this old Schwinn exercise bike that someone had out in their yard with a sign that said "Please take". It gives a really good workout, plus you can switch the dial to up or lower the intensity. I am proud of myself, god I hope I can keep that up.

Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs with rf cheddar and a tall glass of V8.

Snack was celery with PB. Lunch was chicken spinach soup. (I got creative.)

I didn't have a snack, so that's bad. I'm making as we speak, asian stirfry for dinner, chopped cabbage, chunks of beef, broccoli, green beans, and then an asian stirfry sauce I made with PB, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and bit of splenda to cut the vinegar and salt.

So, I know that for today I've had too much PB, or will when I eat dinner. (Although I didn't put that much PB in the sauce.) And I skipped a snack. And my glass of v8 was too tall.

BUT, it's better than how I have been eating lately, way better.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/171/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Finished first day of phase 1, have ????

Hi All,

I am new here and really hoping for success with SBD. Today went okay, but it was really, really hard to resist the carb snacks that my kids had (goldfish, anyone?) I had some great roast beef and green beans for dinner though.

I do have a few questions about Phase 1 for you more experienced folks:

1) I got so hungry at about 3 pm that I thought I would chew my arm off. Seriously, it was baaaad. This is unusual for me. I had some celery and natural peanut butter. Then I had more celery. Then I just remained hungry until dinner.

Are you guys experiencing this? Any suggestions?

2) I was really eager to get going on this, but I am not sure I am going to be able to do the whole two weeks. My best friend is getting married a little under two weeks from now and I am going to be the matron of honor. Anyway, I am not going to have much control over food, etc at the various events (5 in all). And I am NOT going to fake toast--I will drink the champagne Will it derail the whole thing? will I have to do the 2 weeks over?
Old 09-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

I had a HUGE success today! My BF wanted subway and I agreed but I ended up getting a salad there, which I've never had before. I love their bread so much but I was so strong and I think the 8 lbs loss from my first week gave me that extra will power. WOOOHOO!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #10  
Healthy mommy

Oaktree, I feel ya. I just had dinner, which was beef stirfry with satay sauce, broccoli, green beans and cabbage, and I had a pretty big portion. But I'm hungry again. Not starving, but hungry.

When that happens, I usually try to get my dairy in. For example, I'm about to measure out two cups of skim milk, and mix in a little splenda and hershey's pure cocoa, and microwave it for a hot cocoa treat. I find that milk is filling. Maybe during the day, when you have your celery and PB snack, you could get some dairy in, like a cup of milk with the celery and PB.

Mojolove, I've given into temptation at Subway before when my BF wanted it. The last time, I opted for a sub made into a salad with all of the veggies. My complaint is that they really skimped on the turkey. However the past week or so I've been binging on a lot of bad stuff so today I started back on phase 1. You did an excellent job!

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 09-01-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #11  

I did well for breakfast and lunch but ended up eating out for dinner so we could stay close to the hospital. I just had a fudgecicle and am satisfied. Tomorrow we'll eat dinner before heading to the hospital so it should be better. I'm not trying for a perfect phase 1 since I have been on this plan so long and am not having cravings. I just want to come close to a phase 1 to jumpstart the loss again.

Oaktree - Others may not agree but I recommend doing a strict phase 1 until the wedding meals. Then stay on plan as much as possible and get back on plan after the wedding. You will want to go back on phase 1 after the wedding until the cravings disappear. You may find you don't need a whole 2 weeks since you are getting almost 2 weeks on phase 1 before this but you may find that you do. You are allowed 2 TBSP of peanut butter a day (if you are not eating lunch). You should be eating an afternoon snack and I know 3 is about the time I am normally hungry. Peanut butter is one thing that I find to be very filling.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:30 AM   #12  

Day 1. I woke up a little after midnight hungry and wanting to eat. I had some lean turkey breast.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Mel - you should check out that peanut butter hummus recipe you posted. It really helped me with out of control peanut butter cravings. It will also help with the beans you need to stay full (I did notice they were missing
Old 09-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oaktree - what's your menu? I'm wondering if you need more beans or dairy? That'll really curb hunger....hard boiled eggs are great too!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

day 3 for me and besides feeling overly tired which could be due to TOM visiting today all is well.

for those with the hungries i find that milk is really working
Closed Thread