South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #16  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cat - the sinking sounds fun, but I think that might be the next step for him...he hates being wet/dirty and hates it even worse if he goes in his big boy underwear....but as soon as we get on the potty, he gets stubborn. He went 4 hours yesterday with nothing....2 minutes after he got up - poo and pee right on the floor. Oh my. He just looked at me and smiled, then told me he kept his underwear clean....not quite what I was looking for, champ.

I wish boys were as easy as girls!

Cute puppy!!

Have you made any alternative plans for Gustav yet?

Autumn - my rule with anything from Ikea is to let DH take care of it. Too many pieces. I always end up crying in the middle of the pieces on the floor.

Cottage - have a safe trip!

Mandy - where are you evacuating to?

Ruth, Twynn, Belle - have a grea day!

Lori - would a medicaid program be an option for you? Being unemployed, it shouldn't be tough to qualify and they typically cover costs from up to 3 months back. It might help in your situation.

Weezle - Have a fun last day of work.

--

Me: I was supposed to have a OB appt. this morning but received a call at 7 a.m. to cancel.....so much for 24 hours notice. I should bill them for having to wake up a half hour early. Today is more potty training....I'm hoping he has a handle on it by this weekend, or we're going to be potty training in the dark with no "bo-bo"(cartoons)....and I don't even want to deal with that.

We're supposed to go visit a friend and her new baby tonight, but I still have a cough from my cold and I don't think it is the best idea.

Still preparing for the hurricane. We have a place to stay further north, but the people that own it aren't going to be home - it will be awkward if we have to stay there.

Man, I am so ready for this week to be over...
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Wow there are alot of new posts out there, I will never catch up!

Many thoughts and prayers for all of you in the path of the storm. I can't even begin to imagine the stress involved.

Loriann Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Cottage I'm sure your on the road already but be safe anyway.

Me Looks like I hit my bonus for the month, the last 2 loans are closing tomorrow (nothing like waiting til the last day) and I have to make $2500 combined to do it. If I can't make $2500 on 2 loans not only do I not deserve the bonus but need to be fired, ok maybe not fired because somethings are just out of my control, hence not spending that bonus yet!

Hope you all have a great day, off to read some other posts and see if I have any great words of wisdom to offer, HA!
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Quick check-in for me as DH and I were hoping to have left by now! I'm eating breakfast and still in PJs! I don't know what my internet situation will be, so I'll wish you all a safe and beachy Labor day now!

Adios!
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #19  
Determined to lose!

They say I make too much on unemployment!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning chicks

It's a work at home day because I have a 3 hour conference call. No point in driving in after that. Tomorrow is my regular work at home day and it turns out the boss is closing the office at noon. That will make a nice stretch away (I know, I'm just back from vacation).

Cat, Mandy & Zeff - Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. I hope the storm fizzles out long before it's near you. Be safe gals

LoriAnn - How frustrating! I'm so sorry you're still in pain and no closer to answers after all that Hope today is a huge improvement Sweetie

Cottage - Hope the drive is smooth and the transition is a good experience for all of you. Say hi to Maine for me (and eat a lobster)!

Ruth - happy baking!

Twynn - Happy Kindergarten visit

Weezle - Enjoy your vacation

Autumn, Belle, Pearl, GonnaBe, & Jellybean -

Heather - I haven't said much about the job thing - got some paranoia going too It's just really stressful right now.

Okay, off to my call. Have a good day all!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #21  
beachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
They say I make too much on unemployment!
ugh.

Some hospitals offer a sort of private medicaid thing. I used it when I was 18, not covered under my parents insurance and was in a hit and run car accident. I medical bills up the wazoo and wasn't eligible for medicaid.

I think you need a written letter of denial from Medicaid and then you have to apply to the hospital. Back when I used it, they would cover a certain portion based on how you qualified. I think now they cover 100% if you qualify.

Can't hurt to try. I would call the hospitals financial office.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #22  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Lots of simul-posting going on!

Laurie & Pacer

Kim - Have a great weekend
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #23  
Determined to lose!

Zeff, They did give me a sliding scale application which I'm going to try to fill out today.

In the meantime, Ineed to figure out what to eat. I am not hungry, but I haven't eaten since 12:30 yesterday. Eggs just do not sound appetizing this am. Maybe oatmeal, would that be too harsh?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #24  
Determined to lose!

Zeff... Just seen your cute thing of your boy... I did something similar as the previous post ... I put a square of toilet paper in the toilet and told him to "put out the fire!" I even got him a firemans hat for use in the bathroom, and after he'd gone in there he was allowed to wear the hat for ten mins, then it went back on the toilet, his reward for going in the potty and not in his pants. And each time he went in the potty without an incident in his pants, or on the floor, I increased the alotted play time with the hat! After a week I included a "fire hose" as the prize package!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #25  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

did not read the posts.. already at a busy day at work (what else is new??)

joined WW last night... counting my beachy food points... interesting... very interesting...

going off to see other posts and see where i can help out!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks, I've been going since 6, but just getting a quiet moment to read through the dailies. Today is gray and drizzly, but we have been very dry so the rain is welcome. I've got the tech coming for the furnace tuneup sometime today and Back-to-School night for DD2 this evening, otherwise should be a quiet work day.

My DD1 was like yours Cat, we bought the pretty underwear, she wanted to wear it, I said only if you use the potty, she said okay, done. Never an accident. After that I also thought that girls were easier than boys, and that the mistake most people made was to rush things, easier to wait until they are ready. Then DS and DD2 came along. God, it went on for years with them, DS did that withholding thing, accidents for ages, bedwetting, what a nightmare. DS still has aiming issues at 11YO, especially when he gets up in the night, half asleep, may have to try the target thing with him!

Loriann, glad it wasn't appendicitis, my brother just went through that last week. I hope they do figure it out soon though, what it doctor's next step?

Wait, Nessa, I thought you were going with calorie counting, what's up with WW? Are you going to combine SB and points like weezle?

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-28-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #27  
Determined to lose!

OH, to top off a bad night, on my way to ER a kitty ran in front of me, happened so fast I didn't see it coming, and I hit it. I stopped, pulled it out of the road. Poor thing was only a couple months old at tops! Cutest kitty, clean (someone's pet). I still see it's face.

Schmoodle, I'm going to wait it out for a few days. I can't afford another DR visit for them to tell me they don't know!

ETA: I just got a call for an interview Next Wed. for a CPA firm.

Last edited by Loriann7; 08-28-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #28  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Wow- you guys have lots of personals going on here... kinda overwhelming for a newbie like myself! Also, I am terrible at names so give me a while to learn who everyone is!!!

I just wanted to say I will be thinking of all the chickies in the south and to be safe!

Love the tp idea! so cute! and the idea with the tickets for good behaviour!

Loriann- glad you're not suffering from appendicitis, but hope you find out soon what is wrong!

We have been soooooooooo slow at work. I didn't feel 100% yesterday and the called me off (which was good) I called and said if they needed someone to call off today that I could take a sick day. There is so much stuff to be done still for the wedding that I am ok with that- I am not making money I should be spending it , right? lol. oh my I don't want to think about it!

Wedding is creeping up on me!!! only a month away, well, less than a month! yikes!

Last edited by rdw1; 08-28-2008 at 09:57 AM.
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #29  
beachin'

Schmoo - how old were yours when you started training? Especially DS.

DS will be 27 months, and shows a lot of interest in going to the potty, big boy underwear, telling us that he "poo-t" and he hates being ditry/wet, he has a pretty set schedule of bm's as well.

Whatcha think? Ready?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #30  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all! Happy Thursday!

Cat - Ah the joys of positive reinforcement. Working in the Special Ed/Behavior Management field for as long as I have has given me a whole list of "tricks of the trade" to help manage the classroom. Tickets are always a great incentive. Let me know if you ever need some ideas. Praying for safety for you and the other NO/Southern gals!!!

Autumn - IKEA is so much fun! I hope you find what you're looking for and don't over purchase (like I have a tendency to do. And go for putting it together yourself. I always have to do the assembling in my house.....dh was not raised to be the "handy man".

Cottage - Glad to hear that the coffee pot was something simple. When I was in college I always felt like a migrating bird......Up to college....home for break....up for college....home for summer. I was always amazed at how much stuff I would accumulate during the time I was in school. Have fun taking your GD up!

Mandy - I hope things will be ok for you and those who might be in Gustav's way. Whatever you do....be safe!!!

Ruth - Enjoy your day, as it sounds like it'll be a quiet one for you!!!

Twynnb - Have fun meeting the teacher today. That's got to be quite the experience!

Belle - Hope the pup is feeling better!

Pearlrose -

Loriann - Sorry to hear that things continue to go haywire for you. I hope the silver lining shows itself soon!

Weezle - VACATION!!!! You're almost there! I hope the books for you come in soon!

Gonnabe - You're prayers are so spot on. I hope you're still able to go on your vacation.

Jellybean - Keep working on yourself. Stay home, get some sleep, and try to eat some healthy things. I hope the job comes in soon!

Beachgal - Sounds like you've got quite the busy day ahead of you. Enjoy the movie. I, too, loved the books!

Zeff - Have you tried the cheerios-target practice idea? Use cheerios as targets for your boy to hit. Kind of similar to the t.p. idea, but a little more accurate. Good luck. I hope he figures it out soon!

Stephanie - Good job getting the bonus this month. I know you were working really hard to get it!!! Way to go!

Kim - Get out of here!!! Go have fun on your vacation!

Cyndi - Ok....glad to hear that for right now it's all rumor and hearsay. I hope none of it is true. From what I can tell, you really like your job so I hope that things turn out to go in your favor.

Nessa - I also thought you were just going to count calories. I hope the WW/SBD combo works for you!!!

Schmoodle - Sounds like you're in a better mood today. I hope your quiet day at work helps to keep the heart happy!!!

rdw1 - Welcome!!! I don't think we've "met"! Thanks for joining the chat! I hope you're feeling better today. Good luck with the wedding planning!!!

Me - WOW there were ALOT of posts today!!! I did really well yesterday being back on Phase 1. It felt so go to eat veggies....I actually missed them! Had a great breakfast this morning and I'm ready to start the day. We've got a lot going on for Labor Day weekend which will be lots of fun. We've actually got 3 different BBQs to go to (2 at friends, and one here). I figure that as long as we've got meat and a green salad I'll be fine. I've got a lot of house cleaning to do to get ready for our little party on Saturday. I think I"m actually going to get to the store today and pick up some herbs. I've been threatening to do it for a while now....I finally think I have time.
Only 1 more day of vacation and I'm cleaning and such.....I don't think I planned very well Oh well!!!
Have a fantastic day!!!
ENJOY!!!
hmacneil6 is offline   Reply With Quote