South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 AM   #1  
South Beach WOE

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Default Potential School Lunch

I will be starting Teachers College Sept 2nd.

I will be brown bagging it. I will not have access to a fridge until I start interning in schools so here is my plan for lunches (including snacks throughout the day)

2 slices Whole Wheat Bread, turkey breast, 1 slice mozzerella cheese

1 part skim mozzerella cheese string

30 pistachios

Cucumber, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, celery, red pepper (combinations of my fav veggies in zippies)

1 FF NSA 4oz yogurt (Silohuette)

1 Fruit, Lots of water

I will be working through Phase 1 until September 2nd....

Dinners will be 4oz lean protein (chicken, fish, lean meats) veggies, 1% milk, and a "sweet treat" for dessert

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated, thank you

Also, I will need to check the book again, but are the recommendations for a whole wheat bread with at least 3 grams of fibre?
Brockbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Walmart sells for $5 insulated lunch bags, and ice paks are only .99. I use these all the time and it's just as good, if not better, than a fridge.., RE: no one else steels my lunches!

AND PHASE ONE you can not have the bread! Try making wraps using lettuce as the "wrap".
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #3  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Right now I have Arnold Double Fiber Whole Grain bread. It has 5 grams per slice. - I would not make a sandwich of 2 slices though. Maybe cut the slice in half and have a small sandwich. You might also consider making a wrap. I found some tortillas (La Tortilla Factory) that have 12 grams of fiber each.

We have a couple of freezable lunch bags which you may want to look into if you will be gone all day.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #4  

If you are starting P2 on 9/2, I wouldn't have 2 slices of bread. I've learned that a grain serving is 1 ounce / 30 grams, and most slices of bread are about that (sometimes more), so 2 slices of bread is 2 servings - and that's a lot during the 1st week of P2 at one setting.

Some other suggestions (as I take my lunch to work every day!):

- Get a freezer pack, or freeze a half full water bottle or something to keep your food cold.
- salad - buy a bagged salad, put it in ziploc containers with your favorite veggies. You can buy very small containers to keep dressing in as well.
- Chicken or tuna salad made the night before. I sometimes take that on a bed of lettuce/tomato.
-
kshe78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #5  
Determined to lose!

KSHE, I also like to make tuna and make green pepper "bowls" to put it in mmmm mmmm.
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #6  
South Beach WOE

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Thanks Ladies

I don't have access to a microwave though.... Also, because my classes are back to back I'm pretty much eating on a pull out lecture table, lol... The wraps are a good idea as opposed to bread, I think I will do that rather than overdo it on bread...
Brockbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

hard boiled eggs too! Great for the lunch bag/snacks!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote