South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #16  
Determined to lose!

Beach, if that had been his "first" accident I'd not of gotten so upset, it wasn't. Whats more, the day I picked him up he had gone in his crate at his previous owners. But when I seen the crate I thought that was why, the crate is way too big. I've been using Jade's crate. I'm gonna start feeding him in the crate, that might work, if it doesn't then I'll have no choice but to rehome him.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #17  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Linda, we are really having a terrific time here. It's taking us a lot longer to settle in than we had anticipated so we haven't gotten to do much traveling yet. We went to Trier on my birthday and really loved it. We had also planned to go down to Garmisch this past weekend to camp and go to Neuschwanstein Castle but the forecast was for rain, rain, rain, so we decided to postpone the trip for a more camping-friendly weekend. We've been able to make our way around town pretty well, so we're getting the lay of our land. There's still so much to do with the house, though, that I don't want to do any big trips yet. Maybe in the spring.

Morning, Belle!

Ruth, the schools here are very good! Connor's books are terrific and his teacher seems to do a really great job with the kids. I was nervous about the Montessouri-type format of the Kindergarten but the teachers are very engaged with the kids and they have so many interesting activities set out for them. It passed my Mommy Test. (And I used to teach public school, too!)

Have a wonderful Day 3, LC!

Twynn, my kids love the dancing veggies, too! Glad the park meet-up went well.

Cat, hope you have a great day! I don't think I ever told you, but Tom and I had a really nice time at the Degas House. It was such a neat bed and breakfast! Thanks for the recommendation!

Theresa, hope the meet and greet goes well!

Jennifer, you'll have to cycle a lap or two for me, OK? Somewhere in the move ONE of my bicycle pedals got lost. Arg. I'm sure it's here somewhere, but all we have left to go through are the garage boxes, which doesn't sound like a fun job (hence the procrastination...).

Loriann, here's hoping the poo training goes well. It's frustrating when they don't act as you expected them to act!

Autumn, have a great busy day!

Schmoodle, I wonder if the middle school teachers will have any ideas for organization. It has to be something that other kids struggle with!

Hi Laurie! You're right on - Avery is aching to go to school, too. She'll be able to start in May when she turns three. They take them as soon as they're in their birthday months. I'm actually glad Kadyn is starting by herself, though, because it'll force her to make new friends and learn some German instead of just playing with her sister, which I'm positive is what would happen if they went together. Have fun at yoga tonight! Tom and I are doing yoga this evening as well!!!

I'm supposed to be dusting, sweeping, and mopping. Can you tell how much I want to do all that? Think of the calories burned...

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 08-21-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #18  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the prayers and happy thoughts, everyone. Also, my dad has had swelling in his legs for several weeks now. They took him off his Norvasc thinking that it was just a side-effect, but unfortunately the swelling hasn't gone down, and his new meds don't control his blood pressure, but conk him out. No news yet on Tommy's dad. Hopefully I'll have something to report later on today. At least the jugular is a vein and not an artery, but it is still dangerous.

The car thing.... makes me angry. Went through all my papers in my glove box and just trashed my car. They got loose change out of mine, not much fortunately, and out of the other cars stole things like change, cigarette butts, and the maintenance man had a case of light bulbs with receipt that he was going to return for the apartments, and the got that too.

It's just been a one-thing-after-the-other kind of 6 months. Tom's grandfather passed away earlier in the year, his grandmother has 1-3 months left, my grandma died, all the stress from working retail and having to pull double-shifts, close by myself, etc, the spots, my blood pressure being out of whack, my knee is all messed up, and now all these things.

I'm pulling my hair out here. I need a break. I get a vacation from work starting a week from tomorrow, but I need a break from all the stressful things. I'm just tired of being worried, and expecting every phone call to be a bad one.

Thanks again for the prayers. I need to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a good day.

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 08-21-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #19  
Determined to lose!

((lisa)) whats your number, I'll call a happy call!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning. Hope all is well in everyones little corner of the world.

Lisa and prayers for you and Tommy and his dad, hope all goes well today at the doctors.

2 more loans to close before months end to meet my bonus, I have one right there ready to go and think I am going to have to force the 10th one through but I have 6 working days left to make it happen.

Ever have one of those moments where you just want to go off on your partner for what you know it the dumbest thing but it just annoys the heck out of you? DH's response to everything is "whatever" and usually in a not so nice tone. You would think by 39 his vocabulary and communication skills would be better! I want to put him on a reward program for every clean day he can go without saying whatever but I am afraid he would never speak again! Perhaps that wouldn't be a bad thing!

Oh enough of my venting, have a great day all, I will check back later.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #21  
Visualizing the Goal

Prayers for you, Lisa! Our car got broken into a couple weeks ago. They didn't take anything but I felt so violated. It's funny because we had some German techno CDs that they left (which I can't stand but Tom likes) and I've been kidding him about how even the car thieves don't like his music!

Stephanie, hope you can train that man to make a more intelligent response. Good luck with the loans!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 08-21-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #22  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

saying hi

no personals today...

letting you know that i'm going on phase 1 WITH calorie counting on September 1
Old 08-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #23  
Recovering Sugarholic

Hugs, Lisa. It does seem like everything happens at one time.

Loriann, We adopted our pup at 4 months and it took him FOREVER to be housetrained--but he had not been in a house yet. He had mange and had been in a garage and in the pound so he had no clue. I thought I would murder him though before he got trained. But it IS weird that the new pup would go in the crate. Even Chester never did that, I thought they wouldn't if they felt like it was their home. I'm sorry for the stress. It is hard. You want a sweet cocker spaniel who is just exceptionally needy? LOL. I am still not sure if I can handle him and the baby, even though I love him.

Kara, I'm glad you're enjoying Germany! Sounds great!

Laurie, I have always lived in state capitols and never thought about people coming that far for the fair!! LOL. They used to have potbelly pig races at the VA State Fair and I loved them.

Ruth, Can't you take a picture of that man while he's asleep if he's the lovely specimen you claim? LOL.

And everyone else...good morning!

I gotta go find some breakfast and then get to work. Have so much to do...so little time until the babe is here!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #24  
Determined to lose!

UM, Jessie, NO... cockers, While cute as can be are dirty little buggers! I'll pass, but thanks!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #25  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning girls. About ready to hop in the shower and get ready to go to the MN state fair! We haven't been able to go in years, but it is starting a bit earlier this year. DS should really enjoy all the livestock.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #26  
Visualizing the Goal

Jessie, I literally laughed out loud when you suggested Ruth take a picture of Cousin Peter (did I get his name right???). Can you imagine? "Morning! Just popping in to snap a photograph for my friends who live in the computer."

Have fun at the fair, Zeffryn!

Nessa, good luck with your calorie counting. I have better luck assigning a particular calorie count limit to each meal, instead of trying to keep a running tally. Hope you have great success!

Kara
Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #27  
Recovering Sugarholic

Kara, the picture would OBVIOUSLY not be for me....cough cough...but for the single ladies on the board...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #28  
Determined to lose!

Jessie, I asked yesterday if the visitor was single!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #29  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

MORNING!!! Today will be another quickie and then I'll be off to North Carolina Bright and early tomorrow morning. I was no a good girl last night, went with a friend to a Savor & Stroll at my friends neighborhood....ate bad things. TOM came yesterday AND I made orange cranberry scones AND chocolate chip cookies with the girls that I watched yesterday. Today I'm really going to try to do some damage control. I also ended up picking up a babysitting job today for a friend whose babysitter canceled at the last moment. It'll only be for the morning, but gives me no leisure time today. OH well!!!
Lisa, you're in my prayers. Hang in there!
Have a Great Thursday!!!!~
ENJOY!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #30  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post

Belle, every time I see your posts I am reminded of my dear departed mother-in-law. You probably know this but belle-mere is mother-in-law in French.
I'm not a belle-mere, but I like La belle mer. (The beautiful sea.) My French is terrible, so out of practice.
Closed Thread