Haven't lost any weight on Phase 1

• Alright well, I'm on day 11 of phase 1 and aside from my anniversary, which I did pretty well on all things considered, I've been pretty faithful. Making things from my SBD book and recipes from the website. I even stopped eating 2-3 servings of nuts a day about three days ago...

But my weight is still where it was when I started phase 1, I lost two pounds right off the bat but now I'm back up to 155... I haven't changed my ticker because I was hoping it was water weight, so I cut sodium down as much as I could this weekend and I'm still 155... it's frustrating, and I'm losing motivation. The sour dough bread my husband has in the fridge is looking very tempting.

The problem with making "the decision" to do it, is that you have to keep making that decision every time temptation rears its ugly head.

I have a crockpot of home made pizza soup (tomato sauce/tomato soup no sugar), low fat mozzarella, tons of veggies and low fat ground beef) stewing at home for the next couple of days. I really like the way it tastes so I know I'll be able to stay on plan for the next couple of days with my eating, but the discouragement is making me want wine oh so bad. Don't have any in my house so as long as I stay away from restaurants and stores I should be safe.

Any ideas as to why I've stayed at this level? I exercised today... haven't been doing that lately because I was moving, but moving boxes and unpacking them isn't exactly activity on par with being a couch potato...
  • Quote: I even stopped eating 2-3 servings of nuts a day about three days ago...
    That may be it right there.
  • could be the nuts
    could be a million things

you were 160 you want to be 140
    that's 20 pounds.

ten percent of 20 pounds is 2 pounds.

i find most folks lose 10% of what they want to lose in phase 1.

8-13 pounds is not going to happen if you have less than 100 to lose and were eating very badly

2-3 nut servings have a lot of calories
    cheese is high in calories (and salt)

are you getting enough fluids?

what about your sweet treats are you counting those

measuring your oils/fats/dressings

have you posted menus?
  • I think alot of people see a huge weight loss when they have a lot of weight to lose. My husband lost 35lbs in 2 months on phase 1 because he was 230lbs and 5'7. I lost 5lbs. You see several years back I had lost 70 lbs and got to a healthy weight. After having my son I am in need of losing 30lbs.It is happening slowly for me and I am okay with that. I am glad that I have made a healthy change and I feel much better. If I am not mistaken I believe that your body weight is healthy for your height. I still believe that to lose weight the body must burn more calories than what has been consumed. I would say that you should increase your activity level and wait to see what happens. Have you also considered cycle changes? I know that for about 1 week before my period I pack 5lbs of water weight. That can be real discouraging. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • ooooohhh I feel your pain Sciana-I am on day 7 of phase one and the only bad thing I did which I don't even thik was bad was has a glass of red wine Friday. I not only gained back the 5 lbs I lost but I feel WORSE than ever and have completely lost my motivation...I don't know what I am doing wrong...is it TOM? Is it too many beans? too many nuts? too much protein, not enough veggies? I haven't the foggiest but I sure know I am mad as **** because I have been faithful to this diet and now I am creeping back up....