Recipe Websites??

• What other websites do you use to get SBD friendly recipes??

I love the recipes we have here on this site, but looking for new ones!
  • My favorites are:

http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/
    http://southbeachcenturyclub.com/

BTW, I just had my first pizza in about 16 months...We went to Tommy's. I got an "individual" pizza (very tiny)...the greek one (hold the gyro) with wheat crust. Didn't fool myself into thinking the crust was ok, but better than the "regular". It was my "treat" for the month instead of my "dessert" of the month. I usually get something "decadant" about once a month or so and that was it. The only thing "illegal" was the crust. It was olive oil instead of red sauce, spinich, feta, mozzarella, olives, artichoke etc.
    I usually get the greek salad with shrimp there, but just wanted something different tonight after a really hard, long day.
  • Cat...thanks for the sites.....i LOVE Tommy's...but haven't had the heart to go in there yet!! haha...had lunch today at Brady's...had the grilled Tuna with grilled veggies...they have the best grilled Tuna I've been able to find in Hammond! Went to Garrison's afterwards for coffee and was thrilled that I was able to order a SF latte over the peppermint patte latte that I used to order!! Were you at Hot August Night last night?? It was fun, but had to cut it short as my friend i was with got a call from her hubby in a panic because the baby was sick....ahhh the life of a single girl with all married friends!!! haha
  • Yep, went to Hot August Night! Got a Terrance Osborne print and a crystal anklet with a fleur dangly on it. We got there early...about 4, got a parking spot in back of Brady's, ate there and did the stroll. Visited the Cresent before and after the stroll and had a great time running into old friends we haven't seen in a while. We were saying the chamber ought to really do that every couple of months. When I had my store downtown (across from the Cresent) I used to love having droves of people coming in!

My daughter used to work at Brady's. I love it. I usually get the Tuna too, but this time got the chicken fajita salad (hold the taco chips) and it was really good...loved the grilled onions on the salad. My oldest son worked at Garrison's for a short time. Love the patio out back. My daughter was engaged to the guy who owns Garrison's along with "that little hair place" on the corner.
  • when i want to make something I search for it and then i figure out what to change

for example I wanna make banana blueberry muffins today so i search for the recipe and then i change the flour to whole wheat, the butter to smart balance, use splenda instead of sugar (and cut it down) usually the rest is fine....
  • I really like recipezaar.com. There are a whole lot of recipes to choose from for various things, and like Nessa I search until I find something that will work. And Kalyns Kitchen is also really good.
  • I've used allrecipes also. If you do a google search on "allrecipes south beach" it will pull up a few recipes. I've also gotten really good recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen and Recipezaar.
  • Lately I just google the recipe and scan through until I see something interesting. I do frequently use--
    Foodnetwork.com, allrecipes, cdkitchen.com, fxcuisine.com,
    greenlitebites.com, drgourmet.com, cooks.com, cookingforengineers.com, rachaelrayshow.com, hungrygirl.com, cookthink.com, Simply recipes at elise.com.
    I keep them listed in a "recipe" folder on my favorites on the computer so it is easy to find those websites.

With many recipes, I just change the ingredients to make it SBD friendly when necessary. It becomes second nature after eating/cooking this way.

I also like cookbooks. I like it best when the books show a picture of what the recipe should look like. I also merge recipes together. I will see a few recipes for similar dishes and use both ingredient lists, or choose from both to create my own.
  • I make about 80% of my food from Cooking Light. I have a subscription, but when I want something quick and don't want to look through my magazines, I go to the website. It now will search several magazines at once, including Sunset (my favorite from when I lived in CA) and Real Simple. Make sure you check the right boxes for magazines, as it also includes some that make very unhealthy (but decadent) recipes:

www.myrecipes.com (the search page is here--that's where you can pick the magazines near the bottom of the page)

I'm a big www.allrecipes.com fan. I just change the recipes around to make them SBD safe.

Some other great websites for healthy recipes are:

http://www.eatingwell.com/
    http://www.realage.com/ct/eat-smart/recipe/

And, of course, www.foodtv.com (though you have to look for the healthy ones...)
  • Thank for all the great tips!!! Ya'll ROCK!!!
  • Mandyleigh, also there is a website called "supercook.com". You actually enter in all the ingredients from your cupboards and fridge and freezer, etc, and it will match up with a bunch of recipes that you can make with the ingredients you have.

Fabulous website, it helps me when I'm in a pinch with some limited stuff and no idea what to do with it.