3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekend Chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/149261-weekend-chatter.html)

Fat Melanie 08-17-2008 09:40 AM

Hello Peoples, I am tired and do not wish to be up.

Ever since BF went to his Pastor friend who has known him since he was a child (his best friend's dad) for help in the custody battle, the man has been guilt tripping him into going to his church... sigh. So guess who has to be dragged along?

No offense to anybody who is an active member of church or anything like that, I don't look down upon that at all, in any way. It's just that, I myself am not particularly religious and church just bores me so I haven't been since I was a child. But last weekend we went to the pastor's church because TBH, we felt pressured... and today we are going as well, because apparently it will make us look good to a judge, says the pastor, who is friends with all of the judges and very influential, and can be a bit vindictive in a way, whereas if my BF does not go to his church, he will not help him. So, off to church we go. Well after I shower and stuff, that is. We are going to the 11 o'clock sermon, that's all I can handle.

I must admit though, last weekend really was quite entertaining. The church I went to as a kid was large, but quiet and demure. This church is really tiny but the people all take turns singing songs (and there is a band, and the pastor plays guitar) and they take turns preaching and ranting and raving and crying and chanting... I didn't know the pastor's wife screamed like a banshee like that... oh, and there's these two ladies who simulataneously break out into tongues in the middle of every song... All very extreme and I honestly don't believe the whole tongues thing but really... entertaining. My son was terrified... This one lady was simpering all over my son, about how cute he was and she was so smily and happy... the next minute she walked up to the stand and broke down in tears and screaming about Jesus this and that.. I was so, so confused. I did enjoy when this one really creepy dude (we have met him before, also he seemed drugged up last Sunday, swear it) sung a song, he really belted it out, he had a great voice actually, but then broke down in tears and like, cried and stuff at the end. I'm not making fun, it's just... I'm not used to such fervent religiosity... (I tend to get skeptical and a small voice in my head whispers, 'cult') and again, not insulting or trying to offend anyone. I just found it really hard to feel what they were all apparently feeling, so I feel guilty... I dunno. I am just not used to it, that's all.

So, off to church I go.

ladybugnessa 08-17-2008 10:12 AM

happy sunday everyone....

i'm making muffins with blueberries i got at the green dragon...
today will be laundry and cleaning
yesterday was great shopping at lane bryant... about 240 dollars worth of stuff but i got 200 dollars in women bucks AND I got a zillion things...

Pearlrose 08-17-2008 10:20 AM

Good morning chickies and Matt,

Been a relaxing weekend trying to get my back to feeling better, been using my magnetics which is really helping.

We are off to church, so everyone have a great day

hmacneil6 08-17-2008 10:29 AM

Morning All! How goes your Sunday?

This morning we're headed to church then it's off to groceries and to see the Dark Knight (finally). I thought about doing the whole herb garden thing....but then realized that I was not going to be home for 5 days and have now decided that I'll wait to do the garden until we get back from vacation. It would seriously be a waste of money to put it all together on Monday then leave it be without any TLC for 5 days shortly after. Don't know what we'll do for dinner tonight.....
Enjoy your weekend, all!
Be good and ENJOY!!!

Schmoodle 08-17-2008 11:24 AM

Happy Sunday chicks and Matt. I have been a busy bee this morning, I made a vat of ratatouille and a vat of veggie soup. I got a little carried away at the farmer's market last week so needed to use some stuff up. Keep forgetting I am not shopping for veggie-monster DH this summer. I also made my bean brownies, a batch of oatmeal bars, and boiled up a bag of edamame for snackage. Kara and Nessa, thank you again for those recipes, I make the oatmeal bars all the time, and those bean brownies have saved me many times. They are so chocolatey and also so filling and full of protein, they really do the trick.
Matt, that spinach was sooo good. Kierie posted it somewhere, but not in the recipes I think. I sprayed the pan with canola oil spray, dumped in a bag of baby spinach and some chopped garlic, and tossed until it was wilty, but not cooked all the way down. Took it off the heat, salt and pepper, and sprinkled some toasted chopped walnuts and gorgonzola. You could use any nut and cheese combo that appeals though.
Okay enough food talk. We are going to the pool this afternoon, then I'll need to work later to get ready for AM meetings.
Nessa I froze all my blueberries but one box. I love to grab a handful from the freezer and eat them frozen, so yummy. Sounds like you found lots of great stuff at LB!
Twynn, I tried to do SB once before, about a year before my join date here. I followed the book exactly and didn't know about 3fc, and I only lasted about a week into Ph2. Even so, I was amazed by my cravings being under control, so I knew it could work for me. Luckily I found this forum before I gave it another try. Thanks 3fc!
Steph, what a perfectly reasonable and delicious-sounding splurge!

The kids and I have been talking about what we need to do to appreciate the last week of summer vacation - plus beautiful weather is predicted all week. We decided to hit the pool as much as possible, and hopefully enjoy mosquito-free dinners out in the yard every night. One night we'll do a weenie roast (and maybe I'll surprise them with s'mores if I'm feeling strong). A beautiful sunny day is wasting, so see ya chicks!

Barb0522 08-17-2008 11:58 AM

The scout event was so much fun last night. We chopped down branches and did a lot of cleanup at the church and then had a cookout (no on plan food - I should have at least brought my own bun). I thought about going bunless but they had no eating utensils. After a short troop meeting they spent two hours swimming. It was such a nice cool day- in the 70's and 80's. It was fun to relax and talk to the other leaders.

I didn't get back on my work problem until this morning so I got a nice break. And I'm not required to be on this call since I'm on vacation but I just feel like I need to know what is going on.

mul131 08-17-2008 11:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
so my new (2nd) cousin is SO CUTE!!! he was born on 8/2 and today was the first time I got to see him! He's the smallest baby I've ever held or been that close too! I can't get over how tiny and cute he is :) Have a wonderful monday everyone!!!:D