3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Feeling Hungry (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/149075-feeling-hungry.html)

TexisDolly73 08-13-2008 10:22 PM

Feeling Hungry

I am restarting SB and my DH is starting SBD for the first time. We are having a problem with feeling hungry. I don't remember feeling hungry the last time. We are making sure we have our snacks and drink all of our water but we are still feeling hungry in between meals. Any Ideas on filling snacks?

hmacneil6 08-13-2008 10:35 PM

First off, WELCOME! We're always happy to have newbies show up.

Secondly, can you please post what you've been eating? There's a lot of great SBD veterans around here who are really good at analyzing where you might be going wrong. I've never found myself to be hungry while OP. I often feel like I'm eating so much more food than I had in the past.

TexisDolly73 08-13-2008 10:44 PM

Well for snacks we have nuts, string cheese, veggies and hummus, SF pudding, lean turkey. For meals we are having EX Breakfast: turkey and sausage cups V8 juice. water or coffee with FF HH and splenda. Lunch grilled chicken salad w/SF dressing and string cheese. Dinner grilled lean meat, grilled veggies and a large salad.

hmacneil6 08-13-2008 10:54 PM

Ok....so remember that SF pudding is not allowed in in P1, neither is pop corn. I don't see any true dairy (milk or yogurt - plain in p1) nor do I see any beans. You should probably incorporate those into your meal plan. Also what veggies, other than lettuce are you adding to your salads? I always bulk up my salads with LOTS of veggies (peppers, cucumber, celery, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, etc...). And remember that you get at least 2 snacks a day.

murphmitch 08-13-2008 11:05 PM

One cup of FF Greek yogurt and I'm full for hours. It is very high protein and makes a wonderful snack. When I was on Phase I, the ricotta creme dessert was my all time favorite and I felt stuffed after eating it.

ladybugnessa 08-13-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukesMommy1987 (Post 2315515)
My favorite "filling" snack is light popcorn, you feel like you are eating a lot when really you aren't. I just bought the Curves 90 calories bags- they are really good. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread though, I need some more of those snacks too.

well the problem with that is it's not a phase 1 snack for SBD

secondly I have no idea if the oils in the 90 calorie bags are allowed

Smart Pop is a good popcorn for phase 2 3 cups is a serving.

beans dairy, good fats and lean proteins are all good ideas.

pepper strips with hummus are a great snack
string cheese is a great snack

some folks swear by dill pickles....

MJMS 08-14-2008 09:54 AM

Low fat cottage cheese with a little splenda and cinnamon mixed in is nice and filling and kind of dessert-y, Reminds me a little of rice pudding, I like it much better than plain cottage cheese and it holds me over until supper in the afternoon.
MJMS

Loriann7 08-14-2008 09:59 AM

For p1 I enjoy celery filled with either PB (only peanuts and salt in ingrediants, or just peanuts if you prefer)... OR filled with lf laughing cow cream cheese! VERY filling.

Another snack I enjoy on P1 that is filling are lf string cheese.

Or how about a nice glass of V8~!! (low sodium of course).

thunderbegone 08-14-2008 10:13 AM

I would add 1/2 c. beans to your salad and try adding some low-fat cottage cheese or plain yogurt. You could also try making a yogurt salad with plain yogurt and tomatoes and cucumbers. Good luck.

KO 08-14-2008 10:20 AM

Roasted Chick peas sooo good!

TexisDolly73 08-15-2008 09:34 PM

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas, they have helped alot our hunger has gotten better. We think we can do this for the long hall.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

AutumnRose 08-16-2008 06:35 AM

I agree try the roasted chickpea recipes in the recipe forums. I have been absolutely starving a few times, which is a bad place to be in terms of willpower, had a handful of those and flew right through to my next meal. They fill me up really well, I tried eating nuts for a snack and was hungry like a minute later, I much prefer the chickpeas.

TexisDolly73 08-16-2008 11:52 PM

How do you roast chickpeas? Are you talking about the chickpeas in the can?

cottagebythesea 08-24-2008 02:03 PM

TexisDolly, here's a link to the recipe for roasted chickpeas that's in our Phase 1 recipe boards -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...91#post2330191