Did I eat too much??

• Today is my first day back on the beach..

I started with a LF string cheese on my way to work

2 hard boiled eggs with 2 pieces turkey bacon

30 pistachio nuts

2oz turkey and lettuce as turkey roll ups as a snack

Lunch was a lump of chicken salad with less than 1tsp of mayo mixed in with a salad (just mixed greens)

another string cheese on my way home from work

some left over chicken and steak and mixed veggies from dinner the other night (less than a cup)

about 64 oz of water.....

I need to lose about 20lbs
  • I don't think you ate too much but looks like you are doing Ph1, so...
    You'll want to include some beans and some dairy (2 cups).
    And make sure you are eating 4.5 cups veggies/day. I'm guessing cause you didn't put amounts, but looks like about 2 - 3 cups there.
    There's a lot of lean protein there, which is fine, but you don't want to be replacing the veggies with meat.
    So basically I'd say, less meat-heavy, more veggie-heavy. Along with the dairy and beans that will ensure you are getting your healthy carbs.
  • here was hardly any, maybe 2 pieces of steak and 2 pieces of chicken in the dinner thingy I had.

Can the cheese count as dairy or should I have milk?

Will be having some broccoli this evening when the kids eat their dinner and will throw some beans in tomorrow's salad (I love shick peas in a sald)
  • more veggies...

what was your good fat

cheese is protein

dairy is milk or yogurt
  • I think the healthy oils are very important to get in daily on SB. It helps with satiety, reducing cholesterol, plus all the other benefits of omega-3's.
  • If anything I would say not enough. Definitely have more veggies - you did get some good fat from the pistachios but I would also replace the mayo with olive oil. The mayo is ok, but the olive oil has good fat which you aren't getting much of.

HTH
  • Thin4good, depending on the mayo, there are actually good fats in it, although of course you don't wanna overdo it.