South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 05:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Wake-Up Call!

Good morning! Brrrrr! Where did summer go, it's 58* here!!!!!! I can't really say I'm minding it too much, though.

Not a whole lot to report from here. Yesterday was a slow day, although we never did make it to the library. We've been trying to teach Audrey how to ride her bike without training wheels, so maybe we'll go to the park where there's a nice riding trail for her to practice, then hit the library after.

Loriann, I'm sorry that job didn't work out, but the whole thing sounded suspicious. There's something better waiting for you out there, and you'll be glad you waited for it.

Weezle, how are you this morning? Did you manage to fight off the munchies last night?

Ruth, I'm sending good vibes Hershey's way!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the good vibes, Cottage. Hersh is still pretty cheery although she did wonder at me this morning as I followed her around with an old tinfoil plate to get a pee sample. Last night I made her a bit of a coat which she seemed to appreciate. It's chilly when you have 1/3 " of fur after being so cozy in a fur coat!

I have to take the sample to the vet this morning and will probably carry on to town - just another 15 minutes. I have a book to pick up, some spices to buy and just may pick up more el-cheapo blueberries at 3 pints for $5. They are from BC, not NJ - the season is finally moving north and it's time to fill the freezer stash. Some sliced peaches are going into the dehydrator too.

May your Tuesday be peaceful and productive without any hassles!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:47 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Cottage and ruth. And all that come hereafter!

Ah the days of training on bikes. My son wouldn't even try when I tried helping him. One day he just sat on the bike (I had taken the training wheels off) and walked the biked (butt on seat, feet on either side)... down the street, and asked "what would happen if I peddled" and off he went! KIDS! He's been here all weekend, and told me yesterday he's coming back today! WAIT! I thought you moved out!? Alas I'm grateful for the company!

Poor Hershy I know I prefer to go potty in private!

OK, the scale scaring me! Yesterday morning was down to 186. Throughout the day, last night went down to 184. This morning..... I swear, read 176! I did change sig to 178. If it goes up today, I'll change it back! But down to 176, i haven't seen those numbers in DECADES! I've hit 178 and it bounces like a ball hitting a floor, back up into the 180 were my body has gotten comfortable!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - you'll have to let me know what they find with Hershey...good luck!

LoriAnn - WoooOOOoooo!!!!! Sorry (but not) about the job. It did sound a bit weird...glad you got out before you got in.

Cottage- I LOVE mornings like this!! Ahhhhh.....fall is coming!! (but I'm really quite nervous how my work-outs will go when it gets cooler!!)

Me - Normal day for me. Making "squash sausage casserole" from my neighbors...I'll have to let you know if it's good (they RAVED...it does have a touch of flour, but very small amount....can you use whole wheat flour as a thickener the same way?).

I have a renter for my home!! OH MY GOSH!! Our house has been on the market 25 mos, empty for 17 mos. Goodness gracious. They're going to rent til next summer, and possibly buy. Keep your fingers crossed!

Have a great day!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:33 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11

Good morning all! Looks like a rainy day in the making for here, which I always like. I have a few appointments and lots of down time in the afternoon. I plan on working on getting some picture albumns in order. My daughter had a great first day at school yesterday and she didn't even need me to go to the bus stop today with her. She was content with just daddy which was good, but a moment in realizing she is growing up. :*)
Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #6  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning! Seems like it will rain today here in the south, which is okay with me. I'm heading over to Whole Foods this morning to pick up a few things. I don't know if you've heard, but they've recalled some ground beef. I didn't buy the recalled beef, but I do have some ground bison in the freezer and I'll check with them about it.

After that, I plan to dig into my book, and also do a manuscript critique for a 15 year old girl who has already written a book!

Well, I've been in "bad carb ****" over the past week. Too many dinners out, and more often than not, I ate the (white) bread. On Friday, I was "talked into" eating dessert to celebrate a friend's birthday, and yesterday, hubby thought he was being nice by taking me to my favorite French Restaurant for lunch. I'm ashamed to say that I simply checked my willpower at the door and indulged in foods that are not SBD friendly.

Of course I feel horrible physically, and I'm a bit "beaten down" mentally.

But today is a new day!

Cottage, have fun with your bicycle training. Sounds like fun!

Ruth, I hope Hershey does well. I'm a real dog person and I'm sure you love Hershey just like I love my fur baby.

Loriann, wonderful news about the scale!!

AutumnRose, have fun doing your picture albums!

Everyone else, have a great day!!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

AutumnRose, I'm happy for you that your DD is enjoying school, but it is an eye-opening experience when you realize that they are ready for a bit of independence on their own. I can remember spending the first days of school in tears when mine were little. Now I'm having trouble thinking about my granddaughter and my niece going off to college in a few weeks!

Twynne, Congratulations on finally getting a renter for your house! I know that's a huge relief for you! And, yes, you can use ww flour in the same way you used white flour. But another suggestion would be to use arrowroot as a thickener. It's SBD friendly in all phases, too.

Ruth, I'm jealous of your blueberries! The best price I can find for them right now is $3 a pint.

Loriann, Congratulations on getting into the 70s!!!!!!

Bel Mer, I hope you wiped your slate clean and are off to a good start today!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-12-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

OK, I'm over in the PCOS forum of 3fatchicks... and reading about my symptoms I'm getting excited. Everytime I start p2 I GAIN... I talked with Cyndi about how she lost so quickly, and she mentioned she stayed 1.5 (this was about a week ago)... so I had decided I was going to do the same, 1.5 phase, using whole wheat flour based items at an extreme minimum...

Well, reading about PCOS and it's insulin problems... I'm getting psyched! I've mentioned a few times here that knowledge is power, as we all know when chosing our foods! But understanding that I have PCOS, knowing what it is, and how those nasty carbs are making it IMPOSSIBLE to lose weight, I'm excited to see the connection and why for me my new plan will work!!!!!!!

Thanks Cottage!!!

YEAH TWYNN!!!! That has to be such a relief to know you have a renter for about a year!!! And perhaps even a buyer!

Yes, autumn, don't blink, before you know it she'll be moving out, going to college or getting married!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-12-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Cottage, well I had a few more cheese cubes, 4 almonds, and a mug of veggie broth, and that finally did it for me. I don't know what the heck my deal was. Not immediately hungry this morning.... gonna go fix some breakfast and see how I do today. Thanks for the help and support!

Little Guy isn't up yet. ????? He seemed really tired last night, kinda cranky and usually he's a very happy child. Must've had a long day at school yesterday. I have to work today, inventory tomorrow, Regional Softball Picnic Thursday, work Friday, and then I'm done for the week.

Oop.... may be time for a "celebration." WAHOO! Gotta go! Have a good day girlies!

Lisa
Old 08-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

so nice and cool with the AC off!

at work
not feeling 100% head is achy..
Old 08-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hiya Chicks! Hope this morning is finding you all well.

Went to the movie lastnight and it was a good movie glad I went to see it.

Cottage I sure wish you could send some of that weather down here it is just sooo humid/hot

Ruth hope you and Hershey have a great Tuesday as well

Loriann good luck with that scale may the lower # be the #

Twynn thats great news about the house

Autumn glad all is well with your daughter and school

That is correct Belle today is a new day so start fresh and move on

Hi lisa hope all is well

This evening I am going to buy a softball glove as dh has asked me to play on his Sunday team since one of his girls is headed back to college so I figured sure just one more way to get in some exercise.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies

Hope everyone is enjoying their morning, it felt like fall last night and this morning, but I know summer heat is not done yet.

Stayed up too late last night watching the Olympics.

Have a great day
Old 08-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning ladies! This weather is great and hopefully will motivate my butt back in gear. The last couple of weeks have just been horrible! DD starts back to school tomorrow and DS goes back to campus Thursday so maybe I can get myself back on "MY" schedule and "MY" eating plan! My body just feels awful!

Hope everyone has a great day, I will check back later!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm dragging my beachtowel back to a far corner! I've been in carboland since Friday when I felt over celebratory in the weezle sense and didn't eat anything except for 4 wasa crackers all day till I got home and Gastronomic hades broke loose!
So DumpTruck thy name was Kierie but now I'm back in control!
Cottage Have fun at the park and library
Ruth Let us know what happens with Hershey!
Lori congrats on the 70s!!
Twin Congrats on the Rentners$$$
Autumn! First day of school AWWW!
Weez you're snacks sound pretty OP
Hi Nessa Feel Better!
Gonna that sounds like a lot of fun!

I brought my beck notebook to work today and going to do some supplementary work *cough* make a new card for why I want to lose weight and set some goals again!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, last night was not good for sleeping around here so I slept in a bit this morning. Now I'm rushing to get caught up on chores and get to work. Have to stop in and say hello though!
I got a nice email from DH yesterday, he sounds well, and says Bob Ballard (the guy that found the Titanic wreck) will be on the ship filming something for the Discovery Channel. I'll let you know if he (DH) manages to get on TV. He wanted to know how SB is coming along and if he can expect any more changes when he gets home. For some reason that kinda makes me want to smack him, no pressure you know. Well I will never get my 21YO body back and he just needs to realize that.
So we will try to get out and do something fun with all the kids later. The cousins are here until tomorrow I think.

Hi Kierie, you will get back on track I'm sure. Hope the Beck is helpful to you!
Congrats on breaking through your weight barrier LoriAnn, I am trying very hard to catch up to you!
Autumn, glad DD is adjusting well.
Steph, I don't want the summer to end, but I admit I am really looking forward to getting everybody back to school, and DD1 starting her full-time job, which means I'll get my house back during the day and can get back into my routine.
Nessa, hope the head feels better soon. Three days until Friday!
Pearl, I did the same but not intentionally. I finally turned on the TV while I was not sleeping and watched the rowing. Even that didn't put me to sleep...
Gonnabe, what movie was that - Traveling pants?
Weezle, glad you got through your tough evening intact.
Belle, the nice thing is you get as many start-oversies as you need!
Congrats on the renters Twynn, and be sure to share the recipe. sounds yummy!
Cottage, great day to be outdoors. Enjoy!
Ruth, how on earth do you convince a dog to pee in a pan?
Closed Thread