South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #31  

ooohhhh I'm craving "bad food" tonight. Not carbs and sugar, I want a big fat greasy burger with cheese and bacon.

I was tempted to go get a burger at 5 Guys, but I know I wouldn't be able to resist those fries, so I'm skipping it.

I'm going to have a Laura's Lean Beef hamburger (no bun) on the George Foreman, with turkey bacon and lowfat cheese. Not exactly what I want, but I'll make do. Hopefully it will take the edge off.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Tired when I got home so I had some 3 bean salad, triscuits with hummus, and some Greek yogurt with half a sliced peach. Pizza for the kids.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #33  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

oooh- Five Guys... Can we eat that?!?!

We are having Flounder fillets with sauteed zucchini, onions, and squash. - I was going to make this mahogany rice too but I didn't realize it takes forever to cook! next time. I think we are having nf plain yogurt with splenda and vanilla served with sliced peaches for dessert.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe78 View Post
ooohhhh I'm craving "bad food" tonight. Not carbs and sugar, I want a big fat greasy burger with cheese and bacon.

I was tempted to go get a burger at 5 Guys, but I know I wouldn't be able to resist those fries, so I'm skipping it.

I'm going to have a Laura's Lean Beef hamburger (no bun) on the George Foreman, with turkey bacon and lowfat cheese. Not exactly what I want, but I'll make do. Hopefully it will take the edge off.
aren't those laura's burgers really dry? i tried one of those not too long ago and i couldn't even eat it, it was like eating steak (which i don't eat)

Last edited by JellyBean32882; 08-15-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #35  

I cooked two cups of beans (10 beans) along with water and two cans of Rotel Mexican. Once cooked, I smashed the beans with a hand blender and then added two sliced up hot dogs and used the blender again to get it mostly smooth. It was just like jalapeno refried beans and was SO good and easy. Brian loved it. And I have enough left that I froze to make one more dinner that I won't have to cook. Yeah!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #36  

Quote:
oooh- Five Guys... Can we eat that?!?!
Ha ha. No, too high in fat. It's just what I really wanted, and was going to toast myself for making it through a week of bootcamp. But I didn't. Cooked my own 'legal' burger - saving myself from way too many grams of fat and saved $$, since I didn't buy anything or drive anywhere. It didn't taste the same, but it was satisfying.

Quote:
aren't those laura's burgers really dry?
They can get pretty tough if you cook them too long. Mine was actually pretty good tonight, but if you cook them a minute too long, they take on the consistency of shoe leather. They aren't the same as a big, fat burger from a restaurant, but that's how you know they are healthier.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #37  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I made a yummy salad but with no measuring I don't want to post it in recipes. It has raw zucchini & raw yellow squash cut into small spears, raw peppers in multiple colors,red onion, & black beans. I dressed it with olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon pepper, & lots of fresh dill. It was really good and I'm taking the rest camping. It's also pretty, especially if you can get yellow, red & green peppers
Old 08-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I made a huge baking sheet full of roasted vegetables (red and yellow peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, chopped garlic and onions), and tossed it with ww bucatelli and lots of fresh basil and a generous sprinkle of locatelli. It was a big hit with everyone. For dessert we had SF Icebox Lemonade Pie.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #39  

Tonight I stopped on my way home from running errands at a place called "Justix." I knew it was nearby, but had never stopped.

The name is because the serve everything on a meat, and the sign out front says they grill everything in a healthy way, have healthy sides, and are perfect for a low carb diet.

Wow - great choice for fast food!

You choose a meat (chicken - all natural, beef - sirloin, portabello, tofu, salmon or pork). It comes with a side, and brown or white rice. I got chicken, brown rice and zucchini. I ate some of the rice, but left about 1/4 - it was an oversized portion, but not too extreme. Zucchini was also grilled.

It tasted great, and will be a good thing to remember when I'm out and about!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:33 AM   #40  

I didn't cook tonight. We soooo need to go to the supermarket.

Tonight we went to El Pollo Loco. Each person had their own thing. I had part of a Pollo Bowl without the rice. I also had a little of the chicken tortilla soup. I wasn't impressed much.

As you can see, I didn't eat much tonight. I HATE eating out!!! I prefer my own food and am very critical and picky about fast food places. I'm not too bad with restaurants but I'd rather eat what I or my DH prepares. A big difference it makes for sure!
Closed Thread