South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I've got a houseload of kids with the niece and nephew here, but haven't heard a peep so far this morning. I've got a telecon soon, so hopefully all will sleep for a while. If not, they are old enough to fix themselves some breakfast. My weekend was not stellar, I had a couple of transgressions, so I am disappointed in myself for wrecking my streak of perfect days, but not a huge deal, so I am ready to move on. LOTS of water today should do the trick.
This is the first week in a while I am starting the work week without any major issue hanging over my head, so I hope to have a peaceful week and catch up on all the niggles, as well as catch up on things around the house. I made progress over the weekend but still lots to do. And I took Friday off for the big Green Dragon Market outing, can't wait for that! Need to get ready for my meeting so I will skip the personals until later - you are such chatty chicks here this morning.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #17  

I had a pretty easy oncall week last week up until yesterday. I got paged as I tried to get in the shower, at the grocery store, as I tried to leave for church and one more time. We finally made it to the 6PM mass after giving up on the 10:30 and the noon. Then we stayed up watching the Olympics. That 4x100m men's relay was incredible!

Then my pager went off at 4:30 this morning. I got back to bed about the time I would normally get up but I tried to doze for another half hour which made me run late. Brian has his physical this afternoon so I'll be away from work for awhile. Thank goodness I'm no longer oncall.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #18  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hiya chicks just breezin through it's kind of a crazy Monday. Had a great weekend did some shopping and housework and I did that bick butt bootcamp video again on Saturday it's tough but boy does it feel good. Eating was a lil crazy on Sunday but not to to bad. Headin to the movies tonight to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #19  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, everybody!

I've missed you all--it was a super-busy summer and we spent most of it away from home, so I've been missing! But I'm back and looking forward to modding again. :

Cottage, I love the library on a rainy day! Maybe you can find a cute kids' cookbook there!

Femme, I want to see your babies, but I don't have Flash on this 'puter...love the name Bijoux!!!

Ruth, I simply have to post this wonderful roasted cauli recipe I have...it involves oil and mustard and toasted walnuts. It's AMAZING! I, too, am not a huge raw cauli fan, but love it roasted.

Belle Mer and Twynn! I'm sure you've been here for ages, but you're new to me!

Twynn, good going on not gaining and having fun camping! You may not have roasted the cauli enough. I have a recipe for roasted turnips...when they are done enough, they are DIVINE, but when I don't roast them enough, they're icky.

Nessa, I love meetups!!! Hope you have a great time...give the both a big hug from me...I can't wait to see photos! That race last night was heart-stopping and amazing!!!

Loriann, you explained the plan well. It's a plan for life, IMHO, and that means figuring out what things work for your body/cravings and what don't. Try looking at your overall loss rather than the day to day bouncing to help you see the end results...I find there's lots of bouncing day to day, but if you are going down overall when all is said and done, there's no need to stress!

Weezle, have you tried that "cool" spray-on sunscreen from Neutrogena? It's helioplex, so it gets UVA and UVB, sprays-on super easy, and isn't greasy. I love it!

Goodness gracious, Barb...was your pager on fire? That's crazy...all those calls!

I'm way too late this morning to do personals for all the posts...sorry not to hit everyone!

Me:
We were gone for weeks and weeks--a visit to Paris and Vienna (fantastic! especially because I actually lost a fraction of a pound by the time I got home!), a week in CA to visit my bosom girlfriends and my sisters (wonderful, but hard, especially since I managed to gain 5 pounds while there!!! ), and a week and a half in WI with my in-laws while my SIL and BIL visited with their newborn son (our new nephew!). In the time around the visits, I ran all over trying to connect with friends, get to the gym, read some books about the emotional/mental part of overeating, scrape wallpaper, do tons of gardening, and clean. It was a busy, busy time!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was busy--between staying up for the opening ceremonies for the Olympics (WOW!!!), going to a friend's party (fun!), replacing the screens in our very old screen door, taking a 15 mile bike ride (awesome!), and doing sundry chores, it passed quickly!

Big "Hi!" for all to come...can't wait to catch up on all your goings-on!

Last edited by beachgal; 08-11-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #20  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Monday!

Cottage - Hope you and the girls cook up something wonderful.

Mandyleigh - Sorry that you're light is on....car problems can be the worst! Here's hoping that things get resolved quickly and cheaply!

Cat - Such Rolly Polly puppies. Too cute, thanks for sharing. Have fun with your new project this morning at school!

Ruth - Glad to hear that Disney is completely recovered from the trauma from last week. I hope poor Hershey recovers from what ever he's got going on as well....and soon.

Belle Mer - MORNING!!!

twynnb - Great job maintaining while on the camping trip. Way to work it!

Nessa - Nice job with the scale this morning....keep it up!

l/c - Good to see you around this morning. I hope all is well and you're still working the program!

Loriann - Are you going into work today? I hope it all goes well!

pearlrose - Good job getting back on program. I hope you enjoyed your time at the fair.

autumnrose - I'm sure everything will go so well with your little one today. And a treat sounds like a fantastic idea....maybe a family tradition as the years go on. But like Lori said, be sure to be eating your snacks. You need them to keep your metabolism burning to use up more calories.

weezle - Hope you day at work goes well.

Schmoodle - Hope the kids were quiet during your conference call. Don't be too hard on yourself. You know what you need to do...just stick with it.

Barb - Sorry your day was so crazy! hope everything goes well at the Dr.'s today w/ Brian.

Gonnabe - Enjoy your movie tonight. Sounds like fun!

Beachgal - Welcome back! Where in CA did you stay? Sorry you ended up gaining, but I hope you had fun. Welcome back to normalcy....enjoy it!

Me - First official day of vacation!!! Actually slept in until 7:30. I was super lazy yesterday, spent most of my time on the couch watching the olympics and napping. I'm bummed that I missed the big relay race last night, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I need to make a menu and go grocery shopping today. I'm also meeting up with my Mom and Aunt for lunch and an antique fair. Should be a lot of fun. I'm crossing my fingers that I find a new vintage pin to add to my collection.
Have a great Monday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #21  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hello all, going grocery shopping today so I can start phase 1 again tomorrow, trying to compile together a list of lower priced things to buy so I've got to search for all of those budget threads. I'm gonna cook double, freeze all leftovers (except for one portion to have for lunch the next day), and try to stay within a weekly budget.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #22  
Determined to lose!

Mel If you can you may want to consider not freezing, just eating alternating dishes throughout the week, thats what I do. I'll make a taco bake one night, chicken next, then next reheat taco, next chicken, .... cheaper food bill per week and for me, less cooking per week! Last night had 6 chicken breasts left so put two in freezer, and four in fridge! of course, son is STILL here (wont go home, lol) and will likely have the chicken today when he gets his butt out of bed!

hma the boss called yesterday (Sunday) and changed my start day to Tuesday... which, if I get off this computer, gives me a chance to tidy a few things up before going back to the grind of work! Nice to have a lazy day once in awhile. I am exhausted today myself, eyes burning exhausted. May take a nap yet. Up the veggies, like spinach, and move on! Enjoy a day of rest at least once a week, God rested!!!

Beachgal, I'm tired just reading about all you've done!!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #23  

Is the roasted caulii recipe posted already? Is it different than the cauli poppers? I tried those once and wasn't crazy about them, but maybe didn't do it right. I have a big head of cauliflower in the fridge, so may have to give it another try this week.
I'd love to see your recipe too Laurie. I love walnuts on anything.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-11-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #24  

Height: 5'6"

Hey there! Just a quicky for me...I'm leaving for Pune in the morning so I'll be MIA here a few days... Have dental appt, and appt. with my cardiologist to regulate mt BP meds. Pune is 3 hrs drive from here 1 way...It' where I stock up on skim milk, lowfat cheeses and other SB friendly stuff . SO I'm excited.
ANyhow off to bed now! Have a great day everybody!

Beach Gal welcome back! I remember you from a year ago when I was here last.
kitty
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 7"

Weezle we had a good time we also got in "free", long day though because it is a big fair- and dh had ticket to see Joan Jett and Huey Lewis and the News- we did not get home until 12:15 p.m.- though I slept the whole way home.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #26  

Hi all!

I've never participated in Chick Chat before, but here I am.

I went back to Iowa/Illinois for the past 4 days to visit my family. I grew up there, but moved to Georgia when I was 13. But all of my family (except mom and dad) is still there, as well as friends. It was a good visit! I had not been home for 2 years, ouch, so it was a well overdue visit.

But the eating - yikes! I had planned for 2 off program meals. (1) This totally Un-Mexican restaurant (really, who puts unseasoned ground beef in their tacos, but they are SOO good!), and (2) a breaded tenderloin, since they don't sell those here in Georgia. Well, mom informed me that the Mexican restaurant closed a year ago. They had been there for 20 years or so. I did still have the breaded tenderloin though - and it was worth every single calorie and bad carb. Just delicious! One a year isn't what made me fat, I promise. lol

Grandma was being a SB killer. She shows love with food. Night 1 she invited the entire family over to see me, which was fabulous. What was not so fabulous was the pizza and DQ Ice Cream Cake. That's my absolute 2 biggest weaknesses on the planet! I indulged in 2 slices, some fruit, and the cake - but hit the elliptical at 7:00 the next morning. Next day was good, but there was grandma - handing me another slice of ice cream cake during opening ceremonies of the Olympics. At least it was just a sliver.

I stayed OP other than that. I was DREADING the scale this a.m., but was only up 4 ounces. Don't ask me how, but I'll take it!

Today was a killer - got home from the airport at 11:00 last night, and started Day 1 of boot camp this morning. Had to be up at 4:45, for the 5:15 class. Today was more of a fitness test (running, push ups, sit ups, lunges, squats, etc.), and we will retest in 4 weeks to see how we've improved. I'm getting a little sore as I sit here at work.

Off to plan my menus, so I can figure out what I need to get at the store.

Wishing everyone a great SB friendly week!
Old 08-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #27  
Determined to lose!

OK, so I've been praying about this job. Something wasn't setting right with how he was doing things. One of those things was him calling to have me start tuesday instead of monday. Well, I just called him to confirm for tomorrow. He's been number crunching he says and can't afford what I'm asking. He was apologetic, said he felt I'd be great. I told him with the distance I really can't go lower, that I was already a bit low. I was looking at how much it was per year, and it was WAY low.

WEll, my prayers were answered, the answer is no.

So, back to the drawing board!
Old 08-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #28  

Height: 5'11

Loriann I hope you find something that you love for the pay you deserve!
Old 08-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #29  

Loriann, I am sorry things didn't work out with the job. On the other hand, that's not the best way to run a business. It's usually good to check your numbers BEFORE you make someone a job offer. So for you, it probably worked out for the best, and just means that something better is coming your way soon.
kshe, welcome aboard! Gotta love those Grandmas, bless their hearts.
Laurie, Hoping there are some pictures coming our way???
Cat, wish I could see the puppies, but I can't load the latest flash player on this work laptop. It'll have to wait until I get a new desktop. Hopefully by this weekend, haven't had a chance to think about what I want. Recommendations anyone? This will be the family computer - picture editing and storage, internet surfing, some gaming, basic word processing and spreadsheets, money management software...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #30  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Loriann, sorry about the job, but glad you stuck to your guns. Sounds like a near miss that you were lucky to get out of. Hope you find something much better soon!

Hi, Kitty! Safe travels and enjoy all the goodies you get!

Schmoodle, I'll try to post some pics soon..at least of my darling nephew! I'll also look for that recipe. I'm not sure where I got it...one of my cookbooks...
Closed Thread