South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Chick-Chat

Good morning! It's still a bit cool here, but I just heard the weatherman say the hot & sticky stuff is supposed to be back. We may get some rain today, too. I have to pick up Audrey & Maggie early today and rush back to meet Caitlyn & Carley's train. They're going to be staying with us until Thursday. We may spend the rest of the day swimming, depending on the weather.
Instead of going bike-riding yesterday, I had to take Audrey's bike to the repair shop. Someone must have backed into it and mangled the back wheel badly, but never bothered to tell anyone. We had a fun day, though, despite that incident.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. We're hot and sticky too and my house has flies! I propped the deck door open last night to get some air into that room (no AC there) and forgot it. The dogs liked it because they could go out for potty before I got up but so did the flies! After coffee, I'll do the Dustbuster fly hunt!

Too bad about Audrey's bike, Cottage. Have a great time with your two Cs!

Donna brought her DH with her yesterday when she came to clean. Ted fixed my stuck drawers in the kitchen and all my stuff is back in there. Whew! He also fixed a louvered door that came off the track. Nice to have a handy guy around but not worth getting married again. :wink:

After lunch I went to pick up the quilting fabrics. Diane's house and gardens are just fabulous! It's an 1850 stone house that has been lovingly restored. Aside from enough fabric for six quilts, I came away with several phlox plants.

This morning I'll be doing some gardening, quilting this afternoon and pet therapy with Disney at 5. The plan will work if I don't have any visitors! I am starting to feel I need another hermit day.

How's your Tuesday looking?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:48 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Pretty hot here too...should be in the high 90's today and unreal humidity. Looks like we might get some rain from Edouard (just rain!) and I'm keeping all of our SW Louisiana/Texas friends in my thoughts today that he just skims over, dumps some needed rain and moves on!!

Off to eat breakfast, pack some leftovers and off to my first day of day-long faculty meetings. At least the cafeteria seats in second grade are bigger than the ones in kindergarten, so my rear gets a break this year during those eternal meetings!!

Cottage, have fun swimming...I'm jealous!
Ruth, enjoy the quilting and doggie time! Our little doggies seem to be a very "local" lot and make newborn puppy noises all night long. We aren't getting a lot of sleep.

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-05-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quick stop in today. It's cooler here, definitely a good thing. I have program assessment visits today and tomorrow. That means leaving early, being on my feet for 3-4 hours without a break and should be without a snack. They are exhausting but hopefully beneficial to the program. I made extra hearty hot cereal which should help

Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #5  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi all.

Sounds like everyone has a busy day planned.

I'm taking my puppy to the holistic vet this morning for a nutritional consultation, then I'm planning on doing some chores around the house.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:23 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

HI ALL, I hope everyone remembers to stay hydrated in the heat! It's cool here this past few days, I'll take it!

The phone company is due this morning to check the lines. Every time it rains my phone/dsl stops working. Been like that since they hooked the line in the "den". Being without a phone for three days I should get a credit right? prolly not! (hate utility companies.)

I know, lets all go live off the land, no electric, no stores! hhmmm, be a lot more exercise just doing chores! hahahaha

Have to call the other (not where I went yesterday) temp agency I've been trying to work with today. He left a message for me to call him, but I didn't get it till after 6.

Other than that, picking up, and looking for work.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Sounds like everyone has....routine days! Yippee! Me too...full day at work, then chaos with children!

I must say though, I donated blood yesterday. Hadn't done it in 6-7 years, before I had two children with their c-sections and nursing. I get the "white coat" disease.... I just SEE the blood pressure monitor and it goes up!! (never mind I had a blood donation go bad once, so I'm always apprehensive). So, I tried deep breathing, etc. to relax myself. Now, I've never had a problem with blood pressure, but yesterday I was stunned....96/64!! Go South Beach (and exercise!!)!!

Here's to our health!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

isn't 96 a bit low?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #9  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

It is on the low side of normal. Mine is usually around 97.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #10  

Height: 5'11

Hi everyone! Have a great day! I'm hopefully staying home today, supposed to be hot so we may not even hit the pool. The truth of it is I really want to spend the day getting cupboards and closets in order before school starts next week and I might use the heat today as an excuse to keep my kids in...bad mommy lol

Cottage - that is awful about Audrey's bike. People can be so rude!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone
Today looks to be a busy one for everyone. I have a Tai Chi class at ten then head back to work for 3. I am recommitting to the beach and making today Phase 1, Day 1. I was going to start yesterday....we all know how that goes. But NO MORE EXCUSES!!! Today is the day to get some serious UMPH working!!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

So a week and a half I have been waiting on the washer repairman and cussing him both times I went to the laundry mat. He shows up this morning, turns out there was a nickel over the drain pipe!

Finally got some real time in on the wii fit lastnight! Oh how I love it! My thighs and abs feel it from the lunges and jacknives! Hey I'm a yoga master and bodybuilder on somethings though!

Two more closing today and wrapping up two more for hopefully closing by the end of the week. That will be 7 since the first of the month, mortgage crisis? Maybe this is a good sign!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

balmy here today a cool 89!

typical day for me.

bri had bus driver training this morning so he was up and out with me at 7!

scale holding firm in the 215 range....

worked out hard last night in the water... my arms hurt from wii tennis on sunday...

still looking for that NC job....

have a great day gang.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Woohoo, busy chicks this morning, happy Tuesday to you all.
Nothing of note happening here.
Yesterday DD1 took DD2 shopping for a back-to-school outfit. They had their nails done and got dinner out. DD2 was in heaven, they don't do stuff like that too often.

Steph, I am jealous, trying to get my hands on a Wii fit. Glad things are going well in the mortgage biz.
cottage, sounds like you will have your hands full of girls this week! Good luck to you!
Ruth, I wish I could find a handyman, I've got a huge list of things that need doing. And if he's cute, all the better!
Welcome knittwhit!
Twynn, congrats on the blood pressure NSV.
Autumnrose, good luck getting things in order.
Cat, have a great first day. Your rear is smaller this year in addition to the seats being larger, so you should be very comfortable!
Cyndi, hope you can put your feet up and relax this evening.
Belle Mer, have a great day!
Loriann, good luck getting your phone issues fixed.

I see by the clock on the wall that it is past time to get to it chicks. Have a good one! I'll pop back later, I'm sure.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning All!!! Happy Tuesday!
Cottage - Sorry to hear that Audry's bike was messed up, but glad to hear that you found a way to have a good time yesterday regardless! Have fun today with the family.

Ruth - Glad to hear that you got a lot of fabric....was it good stuff? I certainly hope so.

Cat - Ah....the joys of in-service. I hope they're not too bad for you. Sometimes their fine, other times they drag on and on and on......

Cyndi - Be sure to take some time to rest and stretch today if you're going to be on your feet for an unusually long amount of time. But, then again, you probably already know that

Belle - I'm curious to hear what the vet says.....should be interesting.

Lorianne - I hope you get everything figured out with the utility man. And I'm still praying that you find a job soon.

Twynnb - Great job! Isn't it fun finding out how you've improved your health in ways other than the scale!

Autumnrose - I love it when I get the organizing bug. I hope you're able to be productive today.

Knittwhit - Every day is new....stay strong and OP today!

Stephanie - Too funny about the washer.....very funny!

Nessa - Have a good one!

Me - So yesterday at my Chiropractic appt. we did measurements. In 5 weeks I've lost 1.5 inches in my waist and 2.5 inches from my hips. Pretty Cool!!!!! I know my clothes are fitting much bigger and I feel lighter in general. It's a good feeling.
So dh introduced me to Facebook this weekend....it's a bad thing! I can be on there for hours! But it's great because I've hooked up with friends that I haven't heard from since college.
Quiet night here, nothing really exciting. Just plugging away until I'm on Summer Break!
Have a good one, ladies!
ENJOY!!

Schmoodle - Missed you! I so loved going for back to school shopping. How fun for you and your DDs!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 08-05-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Closed Thread