New to 3 Fat Chicks and New to SBD

• Hi my name is Andrea and I am a 32 yr old SAHM of 2 with hypothyriodism and read that a low carb diet was a good way of losing the weight. I will be starting phase 1 today and wanted to know if you all had some advise for me. I have been looking at all the great recipes for phase one and can't wait to try some of these they look so yummy.
  • Hi there and welcome!! It seems you and I have quite a lot in common I am also a SAHM of 2 with hypothyroidism. I also started this diet because I had heard it was good for hypos. I have been on it for about a month now and have lost 13 lbs so far so I can attest that it does work! I had been counting calories for months with no results but this one does the trick for me. Hope it works just as well for you!!
  • to The Beach, Andrea! Please read the book first before starting this diet. You'll find it immensely helpful and will understand just how this healthy way of eating works. In our FAQ section you will find a lot of helpful stickies and Q & A to a lot of concerns you may have. Our recipe section has a wealth of fantastic and simple recipes to help you stay on track for all phases, too. Good luck to you!
  • Welcome to you both!
  • Welcome to South Beach. This is the greatest way of eating I have ever followed, one I can stick to for life!
  • Thanks for all the welcoms everyone. I have the book and started reading it yesterday.
  • Welcome to 3FC and the Beach. This forum is a great place for suggestions, advice, support, and a good swift kick in the rear when you need it. Be sure to ask lots of questions, get your 2 servings of dairy in, eat lots of beans, and drink lots of water. Your motto for Phase 1 should be "Protein-Veggie, Protein-Veggie." Good luck on your journey!!!