South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Default From Atkins to SB how did you do it?

Okay I have been pondering over this for a long time. I did SB before lost
12-14 bs got pregnant and that was it. Stared Atkins and teh weight came off very fast but I kept falling off. In January I restarted Atkins lost 7 lbs the first week then decided to switch back to SB and gained 4 of those lbs back well that freaked me out so back to Atkins I went.

I have to admit although I LOVE the fast results from Atkins I keep going back to my SB book and in my heart really want to make the switch but I am afraid I will gain the weight back that I lost from Atkins (43 lbs).

I would love to hear from those who made the switch, what phase were you on with Atkins and what phase did you switch to on SB?

TIA
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #2  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Just my opinion, but I guess if I were on another weight loss plan before SBD, I'd just start SBD from Phase 1 and go from there and not worry too much about a huge weight gain. It might take you body some time to adjust to SBD, so there might be some fluctuations, but I don't know if you would gain a lot of weight back on SBD.

A friend talked me into going on Atkins after I drifted away from SBD. I lost weight, but my body couldn't tolerate it at all. I gained back all the weight I lost when I stopped Atkins. I started eating anything that didn't make me feel sick - no diet plan.

Now here I am on SBD again, and I lost 6 pounds so far, maybe more, but I am only weighing myself every two weeks.

Give it a shot. It's a healthy way of eating that you can maintain forever, with a little planning and determination.
Belle Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I considered Atkins...but after looking into it, I decided that SBD was much healthier. The weight comes off easy with Atkins, but if you don't stick to it for life (and it is unhealthy to do so) the weight is easily regained. I wasn't willing to risk ketosis (a side effect of Atkins like diets) to lose weight, so I came to SBD.

I'm pregnant now, and still use a lot of SBD tactics - although I add more of certain items (namely, dairy and protein).
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

if you have been on atkins all this time i would add the carbs and stuff back slowly

are you having milk or yogurt now?
what about fruit?
and 4.5 cups of veggies a day?

if all those things are in place, add back some sweet potato or so..

otherwise make sure to have the dairy and enough veggies and slowly add back the fruit and grains/starches

and do NOT panic at a gain....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote